It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my sleep paralysis experience this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i have had sleep paralysis before in small doses and i have also had something follow me around for years now. its not a nice entity and has done everything it can to bother or frighten me (which i have grown into ignoring when i can), but just recently started touching me and my things.
this morning i was lying in bed watching tv (wide awake mind you) and i had been waking up all through the night because i kept getting the feeling something was in my room. i dont know if it was him or something else, but i know it was a male. this morning at 7:30 i was watching tv when i heard a thud sound. i heard something climb onto the bed and saw the sheets and mattress sink down. the bed started to shake violently and my bed has always shaken on and off since i was little but never like this. i felt something large sit on top of me, pin my arms down, sit on my legs and chest. it gets really hot in my room so i had my legs on top of the sheets so i could actually feel this thing on my skin. i could feel intense heat off of its body and it felt like it was choking me because it was hard to breathe.
i could hear grunting sounds and when i tried to scream for my roommate nothing but little raspy sounds would come out. i was trying to scream as hard as i could with no success so i decided to try and knock my headboard against the wall, but when i tried to move my arms it jerked them right back down. i opened my eyes and caught a glimpse of a large black smoky shape, but was unable to get a clear image. i thought something i saw was a wing? i could me wrong though, thats just what my brain placed the image as.
i closed my eyes and screamed in my head "GET OFF OF ME NOW" a couple of times until finally it let go. i felt it climb off the bed and i could move again, but was too frightened to get up. i kept seeing a big solid black shape in my mirror out of the corner of my eye that would dart out of the way when i looked directly at it. this whole ordeal lasted about 5 minutes (even though it felt like hours) and i was covered in sweat.
i finally got the courage to get up and run downstairs and wake up my roommate (who heard absolutely nothing and is a notoriously heavy sleeper). he just put his arm around me while half asleep and dozed back off. i haven't told him what happened yet, but he doesn't believe in things like this so hell probably just laugh it off. but it was truly one of the most violent experiences i have had with an entity.
i have seen things since i was little and i have learned as much about everything i can with any information i can get my hands on, but i wanted to see if you guys had any helpful advice for me or ideas on what this thing might be. thanks!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"Black smoky figure" Sounds like a shadow person to me... atleast the one I've seen, which was a very similair situation, minus the bed shaking and being choked. Closed my eyes for 2 seconds remembered my alarm wasn't on and opened em. There it was.

Except mine was small and I shoved it off of me, sort of speak.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yea theres a couple of regular shadow people i see around, but this didn't seem to be the ones i usually see, from what i could see the shape was almost gnarled looking and hunched over and was very unlike the simple forms they usually take. i wish i could have just pushed him off! i am a very small girl and this thing was HUGE. it seemed very angry at me, or at least gave me a violent encounter. i don know what to think of it really, but i will say im more angry about it now though, it was 7:30 in the morning!! doesn't it have a snooze button at home?? i got NO sleep last night!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i truly would appreciate any information that anyone has to offer on this subject, so if anyone has some advice or anything they would like to share i would love to hear it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had my first sleep paralysis a few weeks ago at work. I felt like somebody was kneeling over my chest, kind of pinning my arms down. I was sure I saw a "figure" and then I came to with nothing there but a chair. It's dreaming, man. That's all it is. It's your imagination and your sleeping mind kind of clashing in a few moments of panic. Nothing to be concerned about or fear. It happens to a lot of people, even myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The shadow person I saw was at the end of the bed and it moved to the left then I closed my eyes with fear, and it felt like it was right at my face so, I just kept them closed!

I had a choking experience feeling not too long ago!
Someone was choking me in my dream and I woke up gasping for air, and holding my own neck!

I am a shallow breather, and thought that I could have been having sleep apnea, maybe!

I've also tried to scream in my dream, and not being able to get a noise out loud enough for someone to hear while trying my hardest to!

...then there is the weak feeling of not being able to hit something hard enough that is trying to attack me that I hate also!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't know quite what to make of these shadow people.

I call them ghosts now...but I had a similar thing happen and made a post asking for some feedback:

What do you call this

It was scarey to say the least. Hasn't happened since!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
how are you ive been going through the same things i can tell you what the look like it looks like a shadow of a person no features just a figure these things are so dark you can see them in the dark when they come or before the come i hear a loud beeepin noise like a silent noise it gos beeeeeeep when they come i cant move sometime or speak its like a realm in between sleep an concentness i dont no way it happens

top topics

join