It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts test Mars vehicle model

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Road tests of a vehicle with a difference are taking place at Aberystwyth University.

Scientists working on a new attempt to search for life on Mars are testing equipment on a scale model of a rover vehicle, which could roam the planet.

They have simulated the surface of Mars in a lab, as part of the European Space Agency-led ExoMars 2013 mission.

A robotic arm for collecting samples and a panoramic camera built by the scientists are being tested.

Read complete news here

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

Have a Star and Flag from me

Their purpose is to send there an innovative (to say the least)
package of instruments.
Now we have to wait for the results of all the tests, and for more technical data, imho: but it seems to be a very innovative rover.
If all will be ok, we have to expect some new, exciting data from Mars.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
lol, sorry but that model sucks. why don't they just take a jeep to mars? 4x4. that shouldn't be a problem and stop wasting money on all these new models that look silly.

jra

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
lol, sorry but that model sucks. why don't they just take a jeep to mars? 4x4. that shouldn't be a problem and stop wasting money on all these new models that look silly.

You're kidding right? It would probably cost more money to rebuild and covert a Jeep to work on Mars. Plus it would weigh more then it would need to. You'd have to toss out all the useless stuff and when that's all done, you'd have something that would look nothing like a Jeep at all. And I don't know if one could fit a Jeep, plus an aeroshell big enough for one, on a Soyuz FG.

And a Rover's appearance is never taken into account. They are designed based purely on function. And personally, I like the way they look.

new topics

top topics

join