It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need help, 25 world-wide questions and 25 Australian questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well, since this is a world-wide board with members of all nationality's, i need help from you all.

i need 25 questions on internationally known things, such as "where are the great pyramids located?"

i also need 25 questions on the Australian geographical features.

(with answers for questions. and at a year 8 standard.)

if anyone could please post any questions at all, even one you aren't sure about, and i will sort through them for the best.

my due date is the coming Thursday.

i would do this myself but i have a lot of other things to do on this assignment along with math and other homework assignments.

thank you in advance.

Roswell.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
how big is the great wall of china?

How Big is the Wall?: Estimates of the Wall's length vary. The Chinese refer to it as "The Wall of Ten Thousand Li" (a "li" being about 1/3 of a mile). The distance from the eastern end to the western end is usually put at about 6,000 kilometers -- slightly more than 10,000 li -- as the crow flies. But people can't fly; and to actually walk from the length of the Wall's twisted path through northern China would be much further. One estimate places the actual length of the Wall at about 15,000 kilometers (9,000 miles).

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What country has the longest coast line of any nation ???

Canada has, we have about 243,000 kilometers of ocean washing against our shores.

If you were to try to walk around Canada, following the shoreline at a good pace of 20 kilometres each day, it would take you 33 years to complete the journey. At 243,000 kilometres, Canada's shoreline is the longest in the world.

Of course, to go from the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the Bay of Fundy you would have to walk in and out of the fjords of British Columbia, along the frozen tundra of the Yukon and Northwest Territories not to mention across pack ice to take in the myriad Arctic Islands, back through the Fjords of Labrador, and in and out of every little fishing cove in Atlantic Canada. Along the way you would border three oceans and see many different kinds of coastline.
gsc.nrcan.gc.ca...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
wow 33 years

would never have guessed that the great wall was that big krill.

NOTE: i have completed the Australian section and am currently working on the international section (will include your questions guys
)

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Damn ad! Even I didn't know that! I think I'll stick to the Trans Canada highway thank you.I wanna get to British Columbia before I need a walker. GEEZ!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just because I'm a bit of a Canadian geography fan I want to include one more.

Where is the longest international boundary between two countries ???

Between Canada and the United States, 8,891 kilometers total, and entirely undefended by troops on either side.

Though you do always need to keep an eye on those Yanks south of the border.
We hear stories about them having problems with crime, guns, and terrorism.
And if you do get injured you can't get decent health care south of the 49th. :shk:

The Canada–United States border is the international border between Canada and the United States. Officially known as the International Boundary, it is the longest common border in the world, and is unmilitarized. The terrestrial boundary (including small portions of maritime boundaries on the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic coasts as well as the Great Lakes) is 8,891 kilometres (5,522 mi) long, including 2,477 kilometres (1,539 mi) shared with Alaska.

en.wikipedia.org...

But really, most of our border is at most a three strand wire fence or just an understanding that a surveyor says that the forest or mountain is divided down some invisible line.

[edit on 26/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Which 4 cities/countries have "Disneylands" in them?

California/USA
Paris/France
Tokyo/Japan
Hong Kong/China

Who did England beat in the final of the Rugby world cup 2003 in Australia?

Australia. (Had to hee hee hee)

MonKey

top topics

join