It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain; sell-out or fake-out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is my first post, not quite sure it goes here.

First off I do have to say that I have always admired this person. Except when he shilled for Bush in 2004 and I guess since then.

My question is, is he still the Maverick he was in the past when he was always trying to work across the ailse and now he's just faking it or has he really betrayed his convictions and independance (tortue, Bush tax cuts, etc.)

I personally hope it's all a fake-out. What is your opinion?

[edit on 26-2-2008 by capgrup]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I believe he is a fake.

This should help understand how much of a 'war hero' he actually was: Vietnam Veterans against John McCain

He is just doing whatever he thinks will get him the support he wants. I am sure someone will post the picture of him looking like Bush's woman. Well, here, take your pic (
pun): Google Image results for bush mccain

I never did that search before, so pardon me as I exit and lulz for a while!

P.S. the only thing scary right now is the confidence that Bush had saying that the Republicans will win the presidency and take back the senate and congress. After the 00 and 04 elections ending with questionable results in states, I just don't care for that kind of arrogance. (Every vote should count, 00 left Floridians feeling scammed, I know, since I live in FL and remember the public reaction very clearly, doesn't matter who wins, as long as it is fairly and our votes are counted)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
FreeThinkerIdealist;

I wouldn't worry about Bush's confidence. Rove said the same thing in 06 and thank god he was wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
These stories were pretty much ruled out in 2000. Bush was behind them in my opinion because he knew he could not hold a candle to McCain. That and the way McCain shilled for bush makes me shake my head.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
John McCain is a fake. A fake and sell-out to conservatives.

This guy throws a conservative supporter under the bus for referring to Barack Hussein Obama by his given name. That shows you right there where his loyalties lie.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

A conservative radio talk show host who helped introduce Senator John McCain before a rally here Tuesday used Senator Barack Obama’s middle name, Hussein, three times, while disparaging him, prompting Mr. McCain to apologize and repudiate the comments afterward.

Middle names have made candidates. FDR, JFK, LBJ, W..etc. My question is will Barack Hussein Obama go by BHO or go with BO? Or can we just call him "Hussein" just like some people refer to Bush as "Dubya"?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
John McCain is a volcano of rage waiting to blow.

I think he has been living with untreated Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Since no one knows exactly what the North Vietnamese did to him, it is far too great a risk to a nation to elect someone who really could be the Manchurian Candidate. I would advise my friends in the U.S.A not to vote for him. (I also urge no votes for Hillary or Obama -- I don't like Hillary's ideas and Obama is popular culture cult figure without political substance.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, FreeThinkerIdealist, most all politicians say what the people want to hear. How many actually follow through on it? McCain, I wouldn't vote for him. He comes from a long line of Navy men. I believe his Father and Grandfather were Admirals. I agree with Pellevoisin, he is a bundle of rage; life hasn't exactly gone his way ya know? I can see him staying in Iraq for the "long haul", a.k.a., forever; and possibly adding to the troops already there. He might even go after Iran; I'm sure he's a warhawk in disguise. True, he could be a Manchurian Candidate; there is a little bit of knowledge however of what actually happend to him(read it on wikipedia, so who knows how accurate that is). I really hate to fault him because he's been tortured, but it could be a risk, however, I do admire him for not giving info out about his fellow soldiers. With that said, I'd rather not put a keg of dynamite in office.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
John McCain is a liberal republican. He is being touted as the "favorite" Republican candidate by the mainstream media so that later this year when the actual election happens, they can pull out the big guns and leave the conservative base confused and disinterested in going out and supporting him. McCain is NOT a good Republican. The election will go to the Democrats simply because the media got it right this year by promoting a crappy Republican they can tear down later.

I can't believe we've come to this in our country. 7 years after 9-11 we're going to elect "Hussein" president.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
My gut tells me this guy is nuts. I don't know what they did to him in the jungle but he is crazy. I'd advise against voting for him. Like there is anyone else to vote for...sigh.
I guess it was his comment that we will be in Iraq for the next hundred years that kind of sealed it for me.
I love Obamas newest commercial with the 60's style music. NOT.
Is this some sick stuff or what. We are so hosed. And so are the hosered.
I just saw an obama commercial against nafta, so stereotypical. I just can't take this crap much longer...arrghhh.
The damage has been done. Prosperity aint coming back. We are in for a rough ride for the survivors.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

join