It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Planes acting weird, or just me?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed a change in the lights of passing aircraft. I will try to post old photos, but from my view, near an airport, it seems as thought the "blinking" aircraft lights have changed their patterns. I also noticed that they(the aircraft) tend to change them all of a sudden. I mean that they tend to have the normal lights (blinking on the wings and tail) and then all of a sudden, they will change to this weird strobe like light with three other blinking ones. I watch aircraft all the time, and no, I don't know if they are military or not, because it is night. (I live near an air-force base) Also, there have been weird lights on passing helo's. If I am not crazy, let me know. I thought they might have to do with the latest terrorism warning. ( the lights have only been weird for a couple weeks) Thanks all!

-Jason

Edit; to say that of course I can't record it. They are lights against the sky. If that could happen, there wouldn't be all of these UFO videos that look like mad "lite Brite's"

[edit on 26-2-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I work at a combined civilian/ miltary airport and I haven't noticed a change in any aircraft in the 3 and a half years I have been there. Maybe you should tape the planes so we can see what you are talking about

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I haven`t noticed the lights on the airplanes.
But what latest terrorism warning are you talking about?
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
"I work at a combined civilian/ miltary airport and I haven't noticed a change in any aircraft in the 3 and a half years I have been there. Maybe you should tape the planes so we can see what you are talking about"

Please describe the lights that flash when planes are airborne, like I said, could be going nuts. If you describe, I could tell you.

"But what latest terrorism warning are you talking about?"

I work with a number of former Marines, they manage security at my resort. I asked them about the lights, and one of them said that he knew of some vague warning blurted out on CNN. He said that they "know" something is in the works, but don't know what. Not trying to start a conspiracy, just passing along.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I am going to venture a guess on this one. My guess is that the flight path has changed for some reason (not a big deal, it happens all the time for things like construction), and your seeing the aircraft turn, but its not apparent to you in the dark. A change in the angle at which your viewing the aircraft can have a drastic effect on the pattern of lights that you see. Also a change in an approach pattern may cause them to change their lights to a landing configuration at a different location, which might also be what you’re seeing.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No, its definitely not that. I have multiple views from three sides of the airport. Plus, I am outside, not 5 minutes ago, and I noticed many planes that run over the mountains, with the normal "blinking" lights.

Edit: spellin'

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe I am not explaining this correctly. Planes are flying at all altitudes, however when they reach within a certain area, the lights change patterns. Multiple colors, and a large flashing strobe. I always watch the sky, and this is fairly new, like two weeks ago. There may be an equal distance between them and me, but depending on their flight pattern, they may end up changing the pattern. I have seen it from two ends of Santa barbara. These are not landing planes either. It's just a little odd. I can't post yet from the camera that works, sorry. (I think its a MAC thing) Anyone here in Santa Barbara?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
. I can't post yet from the camera that works, sorry. (I think its a MAC thing)

Have heard that so many times before, and then the user dissapears or makes uop some other excuse for not having pictures

Dont dissapoint us

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just check my thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm just trying to see what it means. I know it has changed, but it might be a new collision thing. I will try tomorrow to get some photo's or videos. it just might be my crappy phone.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
YES, YES, AND YES!!

Something is going on, and has been, as far as I can tell, for at least two or three months.

I've been watching the skies during the day for years. My observations increased the first time I saw this vibrant, rainbow-colored, cloud that I initially thought was the result of some sort of fuel dump over Vienna, Virginia several years ago.

Since then I've been keeping an eye on the skies day and night. The night skies have been extremely clear a lot lately, and the sight is amazing.

Anyway, I live in Arlington, Virginia (just outside D.C.), and I started seeing these "different" type of slow, low-flying craft in January 2008. At least that's when I first posted about it.

The light patterns on these craft, which seem to vary in size and type, is really abnormal. It's the first thing you notice about these craft. I've seen so many unusual light patterns, that I've come to suspect these may be non-terrestrial craft disguised as our own (Nuts? Maybe...).

I've seen red flashing lights that flash quickly, and then slowly. I've seen planes with only two steady red lights. And I've seen planes/craft lit up like a Christmas tree. And all of these craft seem to be running surveillance over my entire area (Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, etc.).

These craft are virtually silent. In fact, I typically don't hear a thing until they are directly overhead - and I'm talking very close. I can't guesstimate the height, but in the dark, the craft is lit by the glow of my suburban neighborhood and the features become very clear. It's VERY unusual how close to the ground these things are.

Their flight times, and flight patterns are also weird. I see them come out in the late afternoon; typically around 4:00pmEST to 5:00pmEST. They seem to engage in these circular surveillance type patterns for only a few hours, because they become scarce, it seems, after 10:00pm EST or so...

The skies over my suburban neighborhoods seem to be flooded with these craft. Everything about them just sends up a flag for me. It's driving me crazy seeing something so obvious, but not hearing ANYTHING about it on the news, or the Internet.

You are only the second person I've seen posting about this (the third, including me). There is another guy from Texas posting at GLP who talks about ET craft currently patrolling the skies over his neighborhood. After my own sightings, I'll have to agree that there may be something non-terrestrial about these planes. It would take an expert code breaker to discern some sort of pattern in the behavior of the lights if this were some sort of military operation...

No, I believe that these craft may just be trying to grab our attention in a non-threatening way. THEY WANT TO BE SEEN...They're flying too low, during a time when everyone is stuck outside on the streets (basically rush hour traffic), and they circle with these bizarre light patterns.

I think my first post about what I was seeing was January 17, 2008,

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
posted on 17-1-2008 @ 06:18 AM

I wanted to say that I am seeing these same slow, low flying craft over the suburban neighborhoods in my area. I am now seeing craft just hovering over the neighborhoods in my area. For what purpose would a craft simply be hovering over a neighborhood?

I've seen news helicopters flying over rush hour traffic for a few moments, and then flying off, but the behavior of these craft that now swarm the skies between 5:00pm and 10:00pm is new and just bizarre...All sorts of light patterns, flight patterns, speeds (or lack thereof)...It's just strange...And most of these craft seem to be silent...

The only craft that can hover (or that WOULD hover over a neighborhood) are helicopters. These motionless craft are silent, and just seem to be sitting there...Strange...

SOURCE

I reported again on January 24, 2008,

posted on 24-1-2008 @ 08:18 AM

On another note, I am seeing nightly flight patterns that bring aircraft - slow, low-flying, and extremely quiet craft - over my neighborhood. I'm completely at a loss as to why these craft are surveilling this area. These jets are silent, until they are directly overhead and the very muted sound of a jet engine can be heard. I've heard that they can equip jets with these sort of silencers, but I'd never seen it before. It's really strange...

SOURCE

I posted again on February 13, 2008,

posted on 13-2-2008 @ 12:15 AM

I am now seeing these low-flying craft (both helicopters and jets) flying patterns - almost circles - over my neighborhood. The jets' size appears to be somewhere between a commercial airline and a smaller, private jet. These jets have bright lights, lots of them, fly low, and very, very strangely hardly make a sound. The engine sound is so quiet that it almost seems otherworldly. They fly right over my house nightly.

Air traffic from, I think, Reagan National Airport, typically flies right over an area between McLean, Virginia and East/West bound Interstate 66, but far from here (I only see these jets from a friend's house a couple of miles from here). I am familiar with this commercial air traffic.

However, there are completely different, "new" birds flying usually between 5:30pm EST until between 10:00pm EST (or maybe later) over this area of McLean/Arlington, much lower to the ground.

For someone who hasn't seen this sort of change, and the strange behavior/sound/appearance of these craft, it's hard to explain...They have been flying around here, shining bright lights here and there, for maybe a couple/three months...Driving me nuts not knowing why they've just suddenly appeared, or what their purpose is...

SOURCE

You can tell I'm getting frustrated that no one seems to be talking about something I see as patently obvious...That is except for you..

Thanks for sharing!! I'm hoping someone might be seeing the same thing...

[edit on 26-2-2008 by OnTheDeck]

[edit on 26-2-2008 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i thought it was just me but i guess not, i live in stockton CA and at dusk the sky tends to come alive with these aircraft that have a wierd strobing lights on them and some just stay on the whole time or changing blinking rate. I tend to keep and eye out each moment i can for any pesky UFO's and have been noticing the same thing.

Or maybe they are checking out all the foreclosed homes!jk, i do believe stockton is #1 in the nation for foreclosures.:

[edit on 26-2-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey, plug_pray!!

I think that's great (not about the foreclosures)!!

Whatever is happening is unprecedented. And it is not being reported. Why?

Still waiting for others to look skyward during the hours of 5:00pm and 11:00pm (their local time) for these craft.

Is this just happening in the United States? Any overseas friends seeing this...?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So I'm not CRAZY! Are there any pilots who can explain this? I will try to get some video's tonight and post them What does this mean? The strobe, I mean?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I live on an US Air Force base (in the states) and also near our cities airport.

I dont see anything strange or out of the ordinary. Same ol Same ol. How I wish I would see something out of the ordinary.

Oh, and I will be in the Santa Barbara area this summer (all summer) - so I will let you know if Im seeing the same thing as you. I think it might be a matter of perception and interpretation though. *shrug*

[edit on 26-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well if you are in S.B. this summer, maybe you could join myself and a could other ats-ers in a night watch. (Trying to do more of those)
BTW, other areas not seeing them, while some of us do, is actually scarier to me.....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

jason,

I think you were focusing most of your questions on blinking lights?

On a civilian airliner, there are generally two red 'blinking' lights, one top, one bottom. On a smaller, General Aviation airplane, the requirement is only to have one of what, years ago, was refered to as a 'rotating beacon' because, years ago, it was merely a light, under a red lense, with an electrical motor powering a mirror at a 45 degree angle, to reflect the light from the bulb, and thus 'rotate'.

Modern 'beacons' are, of course strobes under a red lens. Jets have one on the belly, and one on top of the fuselage, and the will tend to be 'strobing' in unison.

Side note...we use the 'beacon' (because that's what we call it, and it's easier to say...and, it doesn't rotate anymore) to denote imminent, or current, aircraft movement. Actually, in airline operations, the ground crew are trained to recognize that when the beacon (remember, it's red) is on, that the engines are either...running, or about to be started.

So, to clarify...before we start a 'push-back'...at least in the US...there is a CheckList usually called 'Pre-Start'. This involves, depending on the airplane, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, parking brake, seat belt sign...and, of course, the beacon. It signifies imminent airplane movement (like a tug hooked up to the nosewheel wouldn't and given it away!)

Old days, the beacon was on top of the tail...now, one below, one on top of the fuselage.

Now, we can talk about strobe lights. They are located, on commercial jets, at each wingtip, and at the tail. Since they are strobe lights, they, of course, flash. Modern jets have them flash in concert. You may see a Cessna pass by, and the two wingtips don't flash at the same time, that's normal...

Big jets also have Landing Lights...which are used, not only for landings, but for take-offs as well. In addition, depending on the airplane, there are various lights (steady white) that are used for wing inspection, in night time (for ice, and such) that are generally turned on, even in daylight hours, just for 'see and avoid'...helps to help everyone else see you when you're in the terminal area, taking off or landing....

One thing, not sure if still in use...some B737s, mostly operated by SouthWest Airlines, had these function where the Landing Lights would 'pulse'...I have seen other jets, like Gulfstreams and Falcolns, maybe other Biz Jets, with this feature....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for the lengthy reply! I hope that i come across as an educated person, and I say this for one reason, What you have described I have seen for years. Now, there is a difference, one I will have to show you. Please check back in 4 hours or so, and let me know, once again, if I am crazy. Thank you again for your expertise. -Jason

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, until I get my new leopard software, my only option is to use my cell phone, and that is not doing this justice. I'm sorry, but maybe someone else can capture this phenomena? -Jason

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

OK, Jason...we get it.

Looking forward to you new stuff....

We aare patient.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i havent noticed any goofy lights but i have noticed a change in the local airport flight path. i've had some very low jets turning above my house. this started at the end of last week. had a couple military helicopters zip by as well.
i live in northern utah FWIW.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join