It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian alien video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Lee, glad to meet you here

You made some excellent points, and i have to say that all the discussion is going very well: some excellent constructions about the behaviours of the people involved in the video have been made, IMHO.
There are, at least apparently, two points that aren't clear:
the first one, (see image below), is that the shape of the bush looks to change while the "alien" appears:

the second one, is that the "alien" seems to vanish instead of moving out of the sight.

The sequence of frame that i've posted before is a frame-by-frame one, so there aren't missing frames between every shot.

These points aren't conclusive, and pheraps are due to some illumination issue, i'm not sure: but i find correct to point them out.

Great discussion here, kudos to all

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I agree with Jimi. See this youtubers, other Youtube Postings! this guy is an amateur film maker trying to get attention.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How cool - a thirty second clip that should be on funniest home videos!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was something made by students in the same genre as Blair Witch...

It was good for a laugh, mates!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You get a hardy laugh from me

And, the second line.....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

The video you linked freaked me out more than the OP video. Anything ever come of that one?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

Could easily be a guy behind the bushes with an alien mask. Unless of course an alien really had to go and had the UFO pull over so he could pee in a bush

Almost undoubtedly fake...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Reminded me of Mortal Kombat 2 when you finish someone with scorpion and the guy comes on the screen and says "TOASTY!".

Interesting video though.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sorry guys but its a fake. The guy who made this quite clearly states that he likes acting in his utube profile, plus my mate lives next to the Hallet cove conservation park and go for walks up there all the time when im down his way and never heard or seen anything. Fake, Fake, Fake. It does piss me off that people make fakes though cause all us peoples who genuinly take this matter seriously makes us look like fools.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
How can anybody take that clip seriously anyway? it was obvious atleast to me that it was fake. why would an alien be hiding around in bushes? shouldnt they have a spaceship or some other advanced tech they could use? come on.. btw good looking out the person who posted that the creator of the movie likes to act. just check out his other movies. the creator also writes something quite fun "One thing is for certain its REAL." yes maybe its a real dummy hehe..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but why would you go out of your way to look for something, say a creature or "being", to find it doing nothing more than staring at you, then simply run away?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Watched the vid. Seen a thousand like it, and they were all fake too.

Ok, that seems to be pretty dismissive, but can you blame me, or anyone, for not falling for this kind of amateur production. It had all the trappings of being staged, was poorly acted, and was altogether cliched and predictable. Definitely not a selection for the next Oscars.

In defence of that one, rare video that may be out there, or is yet to be taken, of a real alien; there is no given formula for how it will be captured on film. Heck, it may well look exactly like this one.

But who can possibly predict how the real thing will look, what the cameraperson's reaction will be, or how long a shot they manage to get. All I know is that we as humans can recognise life, and that will make the difference.
Even the best film make-up, albeit convincing and well executed, never really plays on our fears or stirs our emotions. That's down to sharp editing and taut direction. Amateur productions, such as the video presented here, never really cut the mustard.

Take Tod Brownings (sic?) black and white movie 'Freaks'. It was banned initially because some of the actors were disabled. No make up there, and it shows, because he realised make up does not have the shock value of seeing something living that does not fit our paradigm of balance and proportion.
The closest that Hollywood has come to portraying truly challenging visual characters, IMO, is John Hurts powerful portrayal of 'The Elephant Man', and only because it was based on the real life John Merrick's awful disability.

If and when an alien is captured on video, I honestly believe we will instinctively know it is real.

As a side note, it makes me wonder, with Youtube now offering to pay their members for the amount of traffic their videos bring to the site, how many more vids like this we'll be talking about.

I have a nasty feeling that we're going to be very busy.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Assuming it's real(and I doubt it is): Am I the only one here that would have actually tried to chase the alien?

I mean, you go out looking for it because you know it's there, so you expect to find it, and when you do, the first thing on your mind is run away? I mean, it's an alien, if it wants to harm you it will do so no matter how fast you run away from it...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I say its a fake, was probaly someone standing behind the bush holding a model or something ... also its too convenient that it appears just when you want it to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join