It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum suggestion. . . Possibly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was thinking that an interesting new forum could be purely on Ethics. Covering subjects like abortion, human cloning, stem cell research to an extent, morality, Hiroshima & Nakasaki etc...

Current events and personal situations with ethical consequences would be relevant and thought provoking.

You could even discuss hypothetical situations such as; could you justify killing an innocent child for the cure to all disease. Or, there are five people in a plane, the pilot, a blonde stewardess, a child and a celebrity, the plane is about to crash but there are only 4 parachutes. Who doesn�t get a parachute?

I think these kinds of topics could be really interesting and bring to the surface some interesting opinions.

What do others think?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
All interesting topics
but if you've ever visited a site with a dedicated tangent to abortion you'll see how messy it can get.

Those threads attract board trolls like you wouldn't believe. Posting dead baby pics and screaming BABY KILLERS then running away.

It doesn't bother me, but it's not a quality contribution by any standards.

But I like ethics discussions.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think I just stole the child killing one for my list of Debate topics...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Dont give me the topic kano

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would enjoy it, but I think that it would be a major problem with flaming. You are talking about all emotional issues and there are a lot of individuals whose emotion overtakes their logic.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I would enjoy it, but I think that it would be a major problem with flaming. You are talking about all emotional issues and there are a lot of individuals whose emotion overtakes their logic.

That's almost EXACTLY what I was gonna post. I agree with this totally.

I would have NO PROBLEM with having an "Ethics" forum. It'd be a welcome addition to ATS/BTS and I'm sure many would participate! I just don't want people taking things to personally and start to rant and cry about things mentioned in there.

If the forum IS CREATED, (which I hope it is) there should be a disclaimer stating thing such as "DON'T TAKE THINGS SO PERSONALLY!"

...or something like that.

I'd give this forum the green light if I was a mod! (And deliberated with fellow mods and admin, of course!
)

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[Edited on 18-2-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It would have to be on the same level as the mud pit. That is for sure.

top topics

join