It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Dressed as 'a Muslim'/Accuses Clinton of Leaking Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Obama Dressed as 'a Muslim'/Accuses Clinton of Leaking Photo

www.dailymail.co.uk

Supporters of Barack Obama have accused Hillary Clinton of using shameful "smear" tactics after a photograph of him wearing traditional African dress appeared on the internet.

The snapshot, which shows Mr Obama, 46, wearing a white headdress and matching robes during a visit to Kenya, was published on a popular American website.

Campaign chiefs for the Illinois senator have reacted furiously, claiming the image had been leaked to stoke up fears of terrorism and associate Mr Obama with similar pictures of Osama Bin Laden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The turbans may be on....but the gloves are coming off.

AP Photo

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh come on, leaders of many nations and members of Royal families have dressed in local garb when visiting other countries.

Let's go to the official web site of former President Clinton.
The William J. Clinton Presidential Library & Museum.
www.clintonlibrary.gov...

Look at picture #6 on that page, yes that's Hillary in a head scarf while visiting a Muslim country.

Or how about this one posted further along in the picture set.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me why Obama and Hillary are making such a big deal out of this? Why would Hillary supporters think that releasing this perfectly harmless photo would damage Obama, and why would Obama supporters get so mad that this photo has been released?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Politicians have been dressing up in the ceremonial garb of others for a very long time.

This picture of Calvin Coolidge was ridiculed at the time, but really just shows the charm and gentle nature of "Silent Cal."

President Bush, while preferring Western attire, often participates in the ceremonial dances of the nations he visits.

Bill Clinton dressed in this robe during one of his trips to Africa.

Clinton also dressed as a jazz musician and played the saxophone while appearing on the Arsenio Hall show.

Prior to his entering the Presidential race, Rudy Giuliani dressed up in another type of ceremonial regalia before hitting the town.

So, you see, there really is nothing unusual about Obama's wearing the attire of another country over his own clothes.

[edit on 2008/2/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Talk to the "average joe schmo voter on the street". Most voters, in my experience, will come across one or two "facts" and that becomes their unshakable opinion of a candidate. I have heard people say, "Well I heard that Obama was a Muslim." "I heard he won't enter a church."

There is a fear out there of anything unknown. Obama is currently viewed as "black" by the average American. If he can be painted as something feared such as a Muslim extremist in sheeple clothing....your average vote will be motivated by fear not knowledge. Once that curtain is closed in the voting booth...in our current culture...it can easily become fear which determines that final vote.

Enough tidbits like this...strategically placed, can indeed infect the minds of joe schmo. The culture we live in now is very different from the culture eight, even four years ago. People want change, but the average person is so misinformed by MSM that while they want change...they don't want "too" much change. John McCain is banking on this I believe. The "dangerous world" mentality will only be enhanced by economic insecurity among the lower and middle classes. People want a lot of things....but most of all, they don't want to be afraid. Do not underestimate the courage which an informed mind gives you. Those less informed, grasp one or two "facts" to shape their opinion, in my humble opinion.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Brilliant photos Grady. There is something very reassuring to note that USA politicians, now and historically, are never reluctant about making themselves looking ridiculous. Americans despise it when leadership takes itself too seriously, or becomes too self-important.

Thanks for this tribute to American self-deprecation!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

You've made a very sad statement, one I hope can't be true, but I'm afraid it is.

I think the only hope for America now would be to adopt a more democratic system of electing your leaders. It's like the common man's vote really doesn't matter, not that the common man gives a crap anyway.
Only about half of you will get off your ass long enough to take a few minutes to vote.

And what the hell is going on with these two year campaigns leading up to an election ?

Canada can call an election, do the campaigning, go to the polls, vote out the last government, and we can do it all in about six weeks.
Hell, if we're pressed for time we can toss our leaders with a non-confidence vote that could have them at the curb in a couple days.
It's happened, just ask Joe Clark.

One thing for sure though, American politics are never boring.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

You are correct. It is a very sad statement. One I wish I didn't feel, was true. Chalk it up to "confessions of a recovering political operative". I guess I ask the question why a lot.

I think the only hope for America now would be to adopt a more democratic system of electing your leaders. It's like the common man's vote really doesn't matter, not that the common man gives a crap anyway.

I am beginning to agree with this opinion. One of two things needs to give in our current system. Either we need to rethink our republic status and use the mass communication technology which exists to become a democracy where people decide rather than representatives or delegates. Or, we need to have publicly funded campaigns to lessen the impact of special interest groups, i.e. oil companies, on the decisions of our elected officials. Their impact is profound. Follow the money.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This photo shows that Obama can relate well to people of other cultures. This is surely a fine quality for a president. If it were any other presidential candidate there would be no ruckus about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Kerry "Sperm" photo.

That was classic!

z.about.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Can someone explain to me why Obama and Hillary are making such a big deal out of this?

From what I understand - Hillary isn't making a big deal of it.
Only Obama is.

He's getting all worked up ... and she's saying 'so what?'

HILLARY IS RIGHT. Politicians dress like the locals all the time.
The fact that Obama is getting all worked up speaks volumes about him.
His lack of experience is showing .. again.
I hope the obamatrons take note of this.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
same thread-topic here and more strange pics

www.abovepolitics.com...'

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you kidding? Hillary's campaign is playing up the 'Obama is a muslim' story because she knows that there's a bunch of ignorant people out there who don't do their research. There's a lot of 'Obama is a muslim' propaganda going around, so Hillary is playing up to it.

It IS very low of Hillary's campaign to do that. They're exploiting people's ignorance.

Did you miss that?

They're exploiting people's ignorance.

[edit on 2/27/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well this is finally beginning to hit the mainstream markets.

Via AOL...aim...today...it's the number one viewed photo...

Photo of Obama With Turban Causes Stir (1,845,668)

(number of views on AOL alone)

Now we begin to see the outcome of smear strategies developing.

Ok, prediction is:

Obama takes out Clinton

McCain wins the presidency using the power of ignorance and fear.

Peace

[edit on 1-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

join