My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

I've never quite bought into that supposition...until I started thinking about the effect that merely seeing it had on me. It never made a threatening move, in fact it barely moved at all...

Now part of it was the sheer, unadulterated "WTF IS THAT" phenomena... Coming face to face with a creature out of myth and legend has that effect. But it quite literally scared the crap out of me, and I've still not figured out quite why. I've encountered dangerous creatures out in the wild before...Bears, Pumas, even a Killer Whale once. ...and none had the profound effect that this had. As I said, I was transported back to the caves of our anscestors when the dark held unseen/unknown dangers that would eat you if given a chance.

I'm a bit more open to the concept, you might say...

Whether it actually is a paranormal beastie? I can't tell you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I've read a theory that they...I don't know if "produce" is the right word...but produce infrasound that causes that deep visceral fear in people.

Thank you so much for sharing your story SeaGull! It's a fascinating read and you strike me as being very thoughtful and respectful.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

First off, I've heard that as well, and to be honest it would make a lot of sense. It's already something that's used widely in the animal kingdom for various reasons. Tigers use a sort of infra-roar to stun prey before they strike, elephants use it to communicate with each other. The effect on the human body can range from simply feeling a little off keel, to experiencing a sudden (and unexplainable) disorientation, fear and, in some cases, sheer pant wetting terror.

Second, HOW IN THE HECK HAVE I MISSED THIS THREAD SINCE IT WAS STARTED ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!?!?!?
Very nice. Gutted I couldn't have gotten involved a longer while ago when it was still fresh in your mind though! Unfortunately I live in the UK and it's highly unlikely I'd ever get to go out there and try to see a Squatch myself. I've read scores of sightings, seen dozens of videos and have come up with my own theories in regards to Squatches. Won't go into it, this is your thread (and it's awesome) and I'm very glad I eventually found it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join