It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

Strange occurrences have a habit of doing that.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
wanted to bump this thread.

Coast to Coast am had a show on Bigfoot. It was really interesting. I had originally considered what I saw as a wolfman based on the color gray. And what I learned about the wolfman. I dont know what to think now.

My ex girlfriend wont talk to me. My sister and i just talked about it. She says 6 to 7 feet tall. Dark grey. And it jumped really far. She also said that she only looked forward when I braked the car. She doesnt really remmber well as a rule. lol. But she corroborates my memory for the most part. At least to me.

Whatever that thing was, it had superhuman athletic abilities. I just drove down the same road with a friend, and asked him to estimate the distance from cover to cover. he said at least 30 feet.

That thing crossed that 30 feet in less than 3 seconds.

One other thing. last night while that show was on, i visualized that moment. I saw that moment so clearly. That thing and I had eye contact. It looked into my face, Im sure of it.

anyway, I just wanted to add this after hearing the show.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I read your accounts and fully understand it freaked you out. I saw one 10 feet away 23 years ago and I am still freaked out. I was scared, frozen in fear, but it wasn't and calmly walked away.

I really hope no one ever shoots a Bigfoot. His eyes were that of some wild deer I had hand feed carrots to. Huge and dark, but you could see the intelligence and kindness in them.

Peace

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Tribble]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I can kind of relate to that. I was in the car one time with my gf's sister driving. We were going to visit my then gf at school. I had my legs up on the dash all relaxed, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a deer running down the hill towards the car. I said something, and she swerved beautifully to avoid the deer. She missed it by 4 feet at the most. I remember the deer having an almost human look of fear on its face. Sounds funny to me now.

Im really glad I saw this thread. I hadnt even thought of that day in a long long time. We talked about that moment for days afterwards, but as people laughed, we stopped. They didnt believe us, so we stopped talking. I fear their laughter made me stop even thinking about it.

Im probably going up there next monday. i think I might stop and ask some of the people living around there some questions.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I don't want it hurt either. Our world needs, perhaps desperately, mystery. How else do we retain our sense of wonder?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Just bumping this old thread for good measure.
I read it and now I have more assurance on what I heard in 2005.
I might never 'see' a Bigfoot in my time, but at least I can attest for those that have.

Great read.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I know someone who lives on a farm and I've joked about them harbouring Sasquatch so that they have a safe place to stay.

Really though, I wonder if there is some sort of underground network of country folk who are part of keeping these creatures safe...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by seagull

Well I've had the better part of a month to digest what I saw on that hillside...

As I said, I went from a fairly sophisticated 21st century human being, to a frightened cave dwelling primitive in the span of 30 seconds or probably less...

The only word I can really come up with here is...Dangerous, very, very dangerous, another word to use is smart, really smart. Actually smart isn't the right word, cunning, that's the word. Cunning I think is what makes this guy so dangerous...

..This encounter effected me at a primal level, I'll never look at the Forest the same way again...'cause now, I'll always wonder if someone/something is looking back.

[edit on 4/25/2009 by seagull]

Starred and Flagged, Thank You!

That is a chilling description. I don't think I'd roam very deep into those woods without less than a .500 S&W on my hip. Something that big, that strong, that fast and that smart would not be something I'd want to encounter if it was in a foul mood.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
By the way, I read the entire thread and saw the mention of BF seeming to be drawn to women. I have read accounts that suggest women who are ovulating are especially interesting to BF. Maybe some pheromone thing attracts them? They may be close enough to human to be susceptible to human pheromones.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
S & F Seagull, great thread. A lot of great side info provided by other posters as well. I had never heard the attraction to females theory; one I have heard is they are drawn to children, especially while they are at play. I believe they are quite the inquisitive creature, much like we are with them. I also believe they sense and process danger as we do, hence the reason some encounters are docile while others are intense.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
wow, what an awesome thread. i feel a bit spent now after reading everything...

i hope if i ever see one in such a personal way, i can at least mumble "i love you" to him despite my quivering soul. cause i love bigfoot, ok?! he's probably the reason i am who i am today. bigfoot opened my eyes to the world of the unknown and speculated things. bigfoot, then aliens, and planet X, and other cryptids gave me a super open and curious mind, so for that, i'm so thankful for the person i became and all the things i've discovered and experienced in life. that would be so cool if he just smiled and walked away

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i call bull----.
im not trying to troll...but a 25-30 second encounter.
and all you can determine was its approx. height and hair colour?

so you werent close enough to get real detail. but you were close enough to see its eyes?

answers are pretty vague to the questions and you instantly turn them around after a sentence or 2 and start talking off on a tangent. seems like you answer a paragraphs worth question with a simple yes or no answer. just seems odd.

and no description as to what it actually looked like.
i didnt make it to page 4 because I got bored of the non answers and started this reply. so maybe the answer is in there.

-----------------

another thing that struck me odd was that you described it no differently then how you said they were described before the encounter.

they say its dangerous
ive heard its dangerous
some say its dangerous
i saw it!! its dangerous.

like ....

i dunno.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

That is, of course, your prerogative to believe me, or not.

I know what I saw...and that's, so far as I care, more than enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Brilliant thread :]

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I get scared just thinking about the mountain lions.

And I've never even seen one and they're supposed to be out there...

I live in NW Oregon, btw. I saw footprints up in the mountains once during winter. They were about 5 feet apart and about 14+ inches long. They may have been normal footprints that melted, but the person would have had to be running because of the stride. It was near the summit of a hill near a radar tower right next to the logging road. It probably was just a person that had been jumping in the snow but I don't know...

I knew some people many years ago that were friends with our family and their two kids told us they had seen it and heard it. They were one of the reasons I was drawn to the mystery in this world. That happened when I was a child. I believe something is out there. We should respect it. And you know... like I just said, even a mountain lion can cause primal fear. Those're deadly.
edit on 7-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A lot of the bigfoot sightings in my area just turn out to be hairy homeless men, or crazy nut jobs running around in gorilla suits. I hope your sighting wasn't either of the above, and good luck on your hunt.
edit on 7-4-2011 by CalgaryFlames because: Typo.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank You, Seagull, for providing this link in the other thread for me. A great read here. I too, live in an area known for BF sightings. On top of a mountain in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I know that feeling well, of being watched, while hiking in the national forest that surrounds my home. Old folklore up here is full of stories of encounters and sightings. Your story rings of absolute truth.

I truly enjoyed reading about your life changing encounter....

Des

edit on 9-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great account! Your very lucky! I believe you saw a squatch! That (if the land owner permits) should be in the BFRO files or some where! Its to good of a bigfoot encounter to let lay. But, thats your concern, you saw it. Thanks for the account!

edit on 9-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

What a great thread! I'm so happy I saw the link in another today and thank you for sharing your experience. I have zero doubt that you truly saw a big foot and tho I have not, I have experienced the feeling of being watched while in the woods and not being able to shake that feeling...made me feel like I was nuts tbh. Now I wonder lol. Thanks again for sharing. This was amazing to read.
~ Lu

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by desert

The Oregon connection is, to my mind, a valid observation...

Umatilla county, Oregon is directly south of Walla Walla County, it's a bit of a walk, but that particular portion of both counties are rather rugged farmland with sparce populations of us humans. A small population could exist with little or no interaction with us.

The stories of Sasquatch in this area go back just about forever, certainly predating the advent of whites into the area during the early 19th, and late 18th centuries. The native americans of the area have many stories of the large wild man of the woods...almost exclusively they say the creature is reclusive, and dangerous, but not evil.

I'm not 100% convinced this is Sasquatch, but I'm at a loss to say what exactly it is. Hopefully, I, or my two farmer freinds, will see something to answer the question. Only time will tell.

Yup. There's a particular Cop that was stalked for a Sasquatch for hours until eh found his car and escaped the forest. He was a marine before and worked in the NAVI. he said it was the first time he was afraid in his life. But judging his report, the Sasquatch seems more a paranormal entity rather than a fisical creature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join