It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by chromatico
I think it's extremely bad form to discourage one's opposition to post on a thread. Furthermore, it makes one look insecure about their own ideas.

Go start your own thread about why 2012 is a hoax.

It is absolutely not bad form to disallow discussion of whether or not X will happen...

The only problem with that is that this is a discussion board and nobody can disallow another person's opinion. Everyone here is only contributing their own beliefs, neither the OP or yourself or a moderator can dictate what those beliefs are - for or against the topic at hand.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LuxAeterna

I've had the exact same things happen to me many times. Something will start to happen and I'll say hey I've seen this before and I know what's about to happen. Then, suddenly, each thing happens right in front of me as I'm predicting it milliseconds beforehand. Then in an instant I snap out of it and I have a hard time relating, mentally, to exactly what happened an instant before. Like something was aligned for a second and I could see through the veil of reality- time and space. It's very strange, that and a lot of deja vu like feelings, synchronicities, and like you mentioned, the fact that all my friends and I have been obsessively interested in all of this stuff over the past few years and we're meeting more and more like-minded people.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabravo

Me too! I reckon' that we will be able to take the piss out of the 'end of the world is night' sayers for at least a decade... though hang on a second.. Im sure someone will just say "Oh we interpreted it wrong, it is actually going to happen in 2013." And then then will say 2014, then 2015, 2016, 2017 and so on.. all the way until the year when the world genuinely does end.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by artistoli

People have always been predicting the end. What else is new?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by artistoli

Any particular reason why you guys that take the unprovoked adversarial angle want to see nothing happen in 2012?

I mean, aren't the prospects, well some of them, of significant shifts in reality kind of interesting even if you really don't believe that they're going to occur?

Why do you fellas insist on making this a confrontation? If you've had 2012 believers force themselves on you, then I apologize. Otherwise, I don't understand the need for such hostility.

Most of us just want to a better more interesting world.

(And no, this is not an excuse to do nothing in waiting for 2012. We still must be the change we wish to see in the world. 2012 doesn't happen in a vacuum.)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by McKennalite

There's no angle. There is, however, no evidence.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's prophecy.

Nobody is asking that you make financial or political policy decisions based on the ideas and beliefs surrounding 2012.

What does that even mean, anyways? There's no evidence.

What do you want? Video footage? A Petri-dish with some 2012 bacteria in it? You want something in a peer-reviewed journal?

What kind of 'evidence' are you talking about?

I think all of the coinciding sources of esoteric literature, spiritual philosophy, and prophecy, channeled and religious, are a pretty interesting argument for triangulated evidence.

Help us understand what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Should prophesy be heeded, especially with evidence we have from Mayan elders that 2012 will *not* be the end of the world? I think we have no evidence at the present for the need of a run to the sporting goods store.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How old are some of you? Feels like a younger crowd in here.

Except Sri "Grizzly Adama" Oracle.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So on January 2nd, 2013, I'll probably get up at 5:30am and go to work... just like I always have. Nothing to see here - no offense to anyone who chooses to think that they are powerless to change the world and expects it from outside instead of making their own miracles.

link   
I have never said, nor do I put much investment into, the idea that 2012 represents the 'end of the world.'

I think that there is a compelling case to be made that 2012 could very well usher in a new age of understanding, a shift in the paradigm of mindfulness, or an evolution in consciousness.

I think there are interesting traingulations regarding the possibility of some rather drastic physical events occurring.

Admittedly, I am not heeding these in any concrete sense, because I have no ideas as to what will happen. I just subscribe to the belief that it is highly likely that something interesting is going to occur.

I won't be getting ready for the Mad Max scenario anytime soon. That isn't the point of this discussion.

link   
reply to post by Rapacious

Ad hominem attack. Joy. Great debating skills there.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

I wasnt attempting to debate. I was asking a question.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

OK...would you youth be positive or negative in the context of this thread? I eagerly await your response.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm 25. I have a Master's Degree. I'm working on a Doctorate.

As for the other poster that claims that those who vest an interest and belief in the possibilities of 2012 are also somehow incapable of imagining themselves as agents of social and cultural change in the world; what the hell are you talking about?

That kind of garbage statement is meant solely to inflame the discussion, which it has, in my case, certainly succeeded in doing. Many of us who have read significantly into these theories, prophecies and philosophies are also quite educated as to the state of the empirical world around us.

If you do wake up on January 2nd, 2013 and head to work for the day, I hope you don't treat your coworkers like garbage for believing and understanding things other than those that are fed to them on the television.

[Mod Edit: Personal insult removed. Please see terms and Conditions of Use section 2. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 26/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As a matter of fact I agree with you and can't wait for this big change. Nevertheless, there were individuals on the thread who were taking a survivalist slant to this.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Yeah, it takes all types in these discussions. Until the conditions in the world around me change as such to make me believe I need to get into survival mode, I won't be changing much.

I don't think prophecy has ever been accurate enough to make any temporarily present rash decisions (like moving into a cabin w/ guns and survival foods) a good idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This thread has been interresting to say the least...This will be my final post though. I can sum up my feelings this way. There will be change. Some of us have known since birth... some of us stumbled upon it and found it interresting and did more research... some of us have been drawn to it. You have 2 schools... Those that know and those that WILL know. Those that know now are enlightened to a certain degree because your perspective on life is different and you can see the big picture. Its a simple thing, you FEEL it to be true and have a deeper understanding. Hopefully this forum will spark in interest in some that are "unaware" and cause them to research. You KNOW the truth and subconciously you KNOW something is wrong , your EGO has prevented you from seeing it.

‘And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.’ — Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There's a lot of misunderstanding here, as there usually is, about 2012 and what it means. This is typical because those who don't understand it are consumed by the materialistic world around them. They can't see it yet. They're caught up in the world of corporations, power, and domination.

2012 is not a hoax, it's not a prophecy, and it's not another Y2K either. It's not a doomsday cult, it's not armageddon, it's not the end of the world. It will not be death and destruction. There is no evidence or proof, at least not in the material world. But one only has to open their eyes to see what's happening. And only we can destroy ourselves. But it doesn't have to happen that way.

2012 is a matter of creation, of evolution. It's about change, but not a change that when you wake up on the morning of 12/22/12 (not 01/02/13) everything will suddenly be different. This is a common misconception.

You must be aware of the global changes taking place. To be aware of it is to be conscious of it. Hence 2012 is about consciousness. But that starts within each of us. You must become attuned to yourself spiritually to know what's happening. We all have spirituality inside of us, you just have to seek it out and trust it. Be conscious of it.

We are creatures of cycles. Everything operates in cycles. On all scales this happens, and 2012 marks the ending of one and the beginning of another. But changes are starting to happen now and will continue to at an increasing rate.

The outcome of what's to be for humanity lies within us all. It must be found. That's the only way to get thru the tough times which may lie ahead.

Peace.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

McKenna: Thank you for answering my question.

Chromatico: I would say youth is negative.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join