It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

The Bible was "changed" that's a perception. It's safe. It's even recorded.

"Not for the good of mankind" according to who or what and where on what level?

Don't fall into the trap of fear. That only leads to blindness. There's nothing going on that God isn't in control of. Believing in such negitive consepts is one of two things, fear playing with your mind to keep you from seeing clearly, or one's self bending the story line to make it fit a self imposed mold of some type.

If the bible was handed to mankind perfectly and with easy to follow instruction there would still be pointless agrument and debate going on about it. It's the underlying story of "domanance". Self Willed beings saying "this is how it is" in shark contrast to the "Truth" that being the "Will of God".

Step one: The Universes Creator Original source and center "God" is all knowing and all powerful, and you are NOTHING but his child, and in acceptance of that, and in realization that God is in full control of all things, in that way you become something.

TRUST in Our Father.

You sound as though you're letting the foolishness, (desired self will projection of reality through religion and argumentation), negitively effect your being through fear of manipulation.

Fear is the negitive that everyone who wants to be clean needs try remove. Fear is the lie. Faith is the truth.

Let Go.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yes i agree that the bible is safe, and that it has been changed is a perception. But you also have to look at the fact that the only way that the bible can be interprated is by the person who is reading it. So in my understanding the bible will always say something different simply because everyone will take the what the bible says different. and the way that i see it and what i believe is that god is nothing but a idea. as long as people know, worship, ect him then he will always exist in our world. But what would happen if everyone just stoped thinking of him, what would happen. would we continue living...or would he prove his existance in one form or another. i mean i have sertain believes and they are on sertain basis.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

let go of what. I do not follow my path according to the bible, so i have nothing to let go of. I follow myself. For the people reading the bible, their should have been a more detailed book about god. The current bible is not precise, and only in the ball park. It may have been created with more answers, but thanks to the many that have changed it, we will never know. Fear is not blinding me, although you are quick to judge me, that is hardly the case. I believe in the god within. I do trust the Original Creator. what i do not trust is religions that are their to have a hold on humans as a whole. That are their to divide to us, that have created much wars, over WHAT!?!?!? that this GOD is better then that GOD. We are all brothers and sisters, and it makes me sad to see how much blood was drawn over such things.

Believing in such negitive consepts is one of two things, fear playing with your mind to keep you from seeing clearly, or one's self bending the story line to make it fit a self imposed mold of some type.

yet you believe the worlds population will decrease by 75%. i guess i could say the same thing as you. I do not want to be argumentative, i just want to point out your Contradiction.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I must firstly state i have read through most of the entirety of this thread. I must say that i am exerting a good deal of genuine distress, over the apparent complacency of "2012's," "Inevitable Consequences." I am of a group tasked with the large scale maintenance of equilibrium. This stated, the notion of 2012 has both my group and i greatly concerned. Our purpose, heritage, and duties lye in the preservation of stability and, if a fragile, peace. The entire concept of 2012 is viewed as a great existential threat to our cause, and literally centuries of sacrifices. I can say from my ancestry that we view this "event," as that of a imposed arbitrary cataclysm. In all knowledge we view the "Apocalypse Event," as a significant and important one, however in a severely different context than that of the rest of the world. That aside, i must express my great skepticism in the concept of a "destined global event." However unlikely, however illogical, i too must conclude that such an event(s) are highly probable, if not definitive. I state this because not of a historic predisposition, celestial event, or supernatural encounter, but of a purely "worldly" cause. So many people, groups, cults, religions (etc...) have adopted this concept of "The End of the World," in 2012, i would have no doubt that individuals, groups, faiths (etc...) will do everything in their power to ENSURE that something befitting of 2012 occurs. Whether this is politically, economically, spiritually, or conspiracy driven, i cannot say; but is in all likelihood to be caused by one or more of these groups. I find this troubling at best, and disturbing at worst; the own planned destruction of all that which the world holds so dear for simple carnal, and archaic beliefs.

My second concern is the exponential cornucopia of lackadaisical and complacent dichotomies regarding this event. The "Oh well, it's going to happen no matter what, what can you do?" Is simply... Well, unacceptable; if "The End" truly cometh, do us all a favor and end your "suffering" at you own hand, and not at the expense of those whom wish to fight, regardless of the battles futility.

The Shards live by a saying, we initiated centuries ago:
"We would rather die on our feet facing the fire, than live on our knees."

You may wish for the "World to End," along with what apparently is a life not worth living, so be it. But i ask that you do not attempt to preclude the entire fate of humanity to that of your own. I do not claim to hold the truth, although my kin may disagree; we do hold answers, and i can unequivocally answer, that this is not it!

I am sure that my words will bleed with poison, and cynicism, however this is expected, and therefore will fall upon deaf ears. However those few who revel in the light of peace and civilization, and are willing to endure the "pain of life" in such of times, in hopes of creating a better world than before, know this fact! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We may not be legion vast, but the tiniest of numbers can tip the scales of destiny and future, it can tip the darkness into the light.

To all those whom seek thy end, indulge yourselves, lay down as the world rolls over you, and do not concern yourselves, we shall shed not a tear over your departure, for we will be locked in the heat of battle for all the light, hope, and goodness left in the world, even while it lay in ashes. WE are the PHOENIX, we may be broken, we may be nearly defeated, but our dying breath will resurrect us from the ashes, and rise stronger and brighter than before.

- "I would rather die in darkness, than to have never known the light."

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying incarnated, i really do. It just seems religions were not made by the original creator. I believe that religions were all started by group entities to Influence us in the flesh.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It is safe to assume that the religions of the world are substrates of the original creators intent. Although i refer to reincarnation in the figurative sense, rather than that of the literal.

However, none of this is is the message that i imply, i wish to emphasis that, this in fact has virtually no commonality with which that i am discussing.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
I understand what you are saying incarnated, i really do. It just seems religions were not made by the original creator. I believe that religions were all started by group entities to Influence us in the flesh.

Define it!

Religion: (a word symbol with meaning associated): Religion is a group activity of believing in a spiritual matter according to the group.

It is just a word. Just because foolish people have created "religions" several ways sideways backward backwoods and breaking the back of the world, doesn't not mean that there is not one particular "spiritual belief" that is right.

a yoga hippy guru lets all meditate and project ourselves as long as it is in group form according to a set of numbers is a religion.

If GOD came down and said "LOOK it's this way, now do it or be wiped away". and all those that didn't want to be wiped away did it because it was clear what to do, it would still be a religion.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
I see what you are saying, but it still does not contain the original Scripture that Jesus and his Disciples actually wrote. You know what i mean.

Jesus and his disciples didn't write a word of it, as far as I know. The New Testaments that we have were written three hundred years after the Christ's assassination. The Old Testament, naturally, predates all of that by a wide margin. Specifics, such as the "virgin birth", are almost certainly dramatic inclusions and not necessarily empirically true at all.

Which shouldn't matter, to Christian, Muslem or Jew; to Islamist, fundamentalist, Seikh or Hindustani; to any of the millions I've left unlisted or named incorrectly in this paragraph. As in all mystical/mythical religious and moral tales (seek out, if you wish, the original tale of Sleeping Beauty or Snow White), the "Good News" that the Christians spread was designed and adjusted for palletability, anyway, absorbing pagan and heathen ideas and ideals as well, though the underlying truths were, essentially, "be good to each other and don't hurt yourself".

If that were the only message we were left with, and people only acted responsibly and ethically on that edict alone, this world would enjoy peace, harmony and happiness until God finally came down told us what it was all about in the first place - which, just to keep on the topic, is probably going to happen in 2012... .

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually hidatsa the new Testament was solely written by Jesus' disciples. The Apostle Paul wrote the epistles (Romans, 1&2 Corinthians etc). They were interpreted and complied later on yes.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hidatsa

The Nag Hammadi Library, sets of scrolls unearth, has sets suposidily written by other deciples and also a set of suposid transcripts of Jesus speaking.

www.gnosis.org...

Originally posted by deesw
Actually hidatsa the new Testament was solely written by Jesus' disciples. The Apostle Paul wrote the epistles (Romans, 1&2 Corinthians etc). They were interpreted and complied later on yes.

Actually you're off. It was trasnscibed by several of the disciples and then written down by other followers and then edited by a couple of disciples and spun to include mythology and to assume compleation of percieved profetic understandings of the comming of the chosen one.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually incarnated I think you are way off. The books that were included in the New Testament were all but two written by Apostles the other two were Jesus' brothers. It widely accepted that Paul wrote Hebrews, but is still debated.

Book : Author

Matthew : Matthew A.D. 50
Mark : Mark A.D. 68
Luke : Luke A.D.60
John : John A.D. 85 - 90
Acts : Luke A.D. 60
Romans : Paul A.D. 57-58
I & II Corinthians : Paul A.D. 56-57
Galations : Paul A.D. 49 or 52
Ephesians : Paul A.D. 60
Philippians : Paul A.D. 60
Colossians : Paul A.D. 60
I & II Thessalonians : Paul A.D. 51
I & II Timothy : Paul A.D. 64
Titus : Paul A.D. 65
Philemon : Paul A.D. 60
Hebrews : Unknown ( most likely Paul ) A.D. 68
James : James ( Jesus' Brother ) A.D. 45-50
I & II Peter : Peter A.D. 65 - 66
I, II, III John : John A.D. 90-95
Jude : Jude ( Jesus' Brother ) A.D. 68
The Revelation : John A.D. 95

Source: Holy Bible New Scofield Reference Edition by Oxford

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by deesw

I'm not way off. I was speaking directly about the testiments. The Disiples stories of "Jesus".

Paul did write the letters, but they were not suposed to be included in a public text. That was the stance of the church to spin the matter over to their goals. Paul was just like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Otay incarnated. We've made our points about the Bible.
If there really is something to this whole 2012 thing, then I need to go out and buy me a Harley and a ski boat and live it up. I think I could be like Rock Hound from Armageddon.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deesw

If that's what you want to do then go get your bike and boat NOW

The wick is getting short on this firecracker.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MouseOnMars
1. Where and what the heck is this so called "Mayan Calendar" anyways? Is it a stone tablet? Is it on a parchment or papyrus?

2. Assuming it actually exists, have you read it or intepreted it yourself? If so what are your findings and/or theories?

3. Again assuming the existance of this calendar, what evidence is there to show that anyting it predicted has actually taken place, on the exact date if it was at all specific, and just how open to interpretation is this thing?

The "Mayan Calendar" above all else is understood in theory. The parts and charactors were documented in stone throughout the culture, most reconizable on what is known a the sun stone. The Mayan Calendar has predicted many celectual events and can be intrupeted as predicting historic events as well. However more then anything the Mayan Calendar is a device for tracking time through space.

The most relivant thing the mayan calendar shows is the alignement with the center of the galaxy. The mayan mythology does predict events to unfold at that time.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Iv'e asked this before but lost the tread,what is the nose of earth?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It seems we are all arguing. I think everyone needs to take it down a notch, and view everything with an open mind. When you do that, take what resonates with in you. Take from it what feels right. Instead of challenging people and fighting, If you do Disagree, just talk and express how you feel, in a non vigilant way.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Darcon, your wasting your time, certain people here havent got and never will have open minds especially when they think they are angels, seen the future or anthying else. What we have here is a range of disjointed and unconnected myths, legends, theories and a book of fairy tales. Out of all that a certain person is trying to spin real facts about what the future holds fo all of us.

History is repleat with such individuals and organisations who tell us the World is ny and were all going to die. Well we know we are going to die, we know the Earth has gone and will continue to go through many changes in its life. There is a possibility that ET has or may visit this Planet that may advance or set back our progress but none of this is proven one way or the other.

No what we have is the time old religeous nonsense that if we dont mend our ways we will all persih or end up in hell, purgatory or and other crap these people can dream up in their fevered minds. What is almost certain is this, that previous civilisations have come and gone killed off very likely by natural disasters with fraghments of such events recorded to pass down to future generations as a warning of what can happen.

What we have is just natural or possibly manmade events but what is happening now is that every religeous nut job is now highjacking these myths and legends of natural events and trying to entwine them with their bible and giving them a religeuos supreme being face to fit their agenda. They are gods with clay feet, charlatans, quacks whatever name you want to give them, they know no more of what may happen to us than you or I yet they proclaim to know everything. With airtight minds such as these no rpogress can be made, they will lie and cheat and deceive as they have always done, whatever happens they will have excuses and reasons aplenty, they always cover their tracks to ensure that they and only they are in the know.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Darcon, your wasting your time, certain people here havent got and never will have open minds especially when they think they are angels, seen the future or anthying else. What we have here is a range of disjointed and unconnected myths, legends, theories and a book of fairy tales. Out of all that a certain person is trying to spin real facts about what the future holds fo all of us.

What fairytale book are you refering to magic mushroom?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

This, along with the possibility of an Obama/Hillary dream ticket, is one of the smartest things I've read all day.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join