It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunneling under Stonehenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040217/wl_uk_afp/britain_culture_040217145831

Wow. That's all I can really say. Sounds kind of disrespectful for something that the world knows little or nothing about, and this is all due to traffic congestition. I'm sure they can kind an alternate route, but I suppose it's just cheaper this way.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I guess I personally am not too shocked about this. Is it Stonehenge which is so special or is it the ground underneath? I'm not being a smart ass nor do I know the answer I am just asking. I think as long as they do not disturb the structures, is there really any harm here?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
And you never know...that could be what StoneHenge is, a big marker that means "dig here". Who knows what they will find below.
But I agree that they need to take extraordinary precautions so they do not damage it.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would much rather they go under it than tear it down as we americans would likely have done.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They are #ing retards. What do they wanna knock down one of the oldest monuments in the world??? What the # is wrong with them
, and digging under the stone hendge would ruin the view and i t would look so #ed up!!!!!!! Theyre #in stupid

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"Stonehenge, Britain's most famous ancient stone circle."
there are others?

uno, its a drag that it has to be here, but at least theyre picking the best option. i dont approve of it, but if its gotta be done its gotta be done. i hope they dont ruin stonehenge tho. a constant rumbling of cars cud do major damage, as cud the increased exhaust in the area. this thing is major, and to lose it wud be terrible, especially for them.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you ask me, Olaf the Holy did too poor a job with destroying that ancient Druidic Ba'al temple. The less our children knows about those satans, the better.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
anybody called 'the holy' cant be all bad

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
anybody called 'the holy' cant be all bad

If you had read what I said, you would notice that Olaf was the hero in my story. How he in the age of twelve, was among the Vikings who tried to destroy the Druidic temple in Stonehenge where Ba'al worshippers sacrificed children for their gods, the Hosts of Heaven. The Druids and the Ba'als were the satans I refered to in my story.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Tear the place down and salt the ground. That's my stance in that case. Old or not. Besides it isn't nearly as old as they want it. Probably even AD.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think they should just keep building around. It is one of brittians famous tourist attractions.
just leave it.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It would be quite interesting if they found something significant underneith the structure, like the fabeled power crystals of Atlantis. Of course they're digging too deep and would never find something that should be closer to the stones.
Could you imagine the situation if the stones fall due to the blasting under the area. Maybe some sort of confrontation of the spirit world is angered by its colapse.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I heard a theory that it's a hazardous waste dump, and the stones are warnings to "stay away". Kind of like an ancient nuclear waste dump

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I heard a theory that it's a hazardous waste dump, and the stones are warnings to "stay away". Kind of like an ancient nuclear waste dump

If I were making a waste dump I would allign the stones into a skull with crossbones shape not one which corresponds with the sun.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The information StoneHedge gives isn't in the ground but in the allignment of the stones... No real reason to believe beneath it is something more special then the allignment to the stars.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
Tear the place down and salt the ground. That's my stance in that case.

I've heard many theories saying that the place have been used, in the past, for malefic/satanic purposes and evil ritual stuff, etc etc... But you seem damn sure about that, don't you have any link to some information I could read about that? I've always been interested by that place.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The site has been built, and rebuilt, and used for many different purposes for eons... If they dig, it'll have to be very deep....if they don't want to disturb previous eras of the monument...

Not to mention the bodies... There are quite a few interred bodies (found, and supposed) there. Yes, there is evidence, both physical and literary, that at times, it was used for ritual sacrifice of both humans and animals...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'd love to read up on that if someone got something, I always been interested in StoneHenge and other ancient monument.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
One of the learning channels had a great special on it... It was all about the various incarnations over time of the site...from wooden poles and small stones, up to the monoliths currently there.....

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
The information StoneHedge gives isn't in the ground but in the allignment of the stones... No real reason to believe beneath it is something more special then the allignment to the stars.

yeah. the thought just hit me that, as a useful thing, stonehenge is useless. the earth has moved considerably since it was built, so it isnt pointing to anythign anymore. and we cud jsut map the rocks, and use computer sims.
as a historical object, its invaluable. for that to be destroyed wud be a terrible terrible tragedy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join