It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunneling under Stonehenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Any time the old world meets the new. is not good. Just leave
it as is. The need for a faster way to there and here, Yech. Destrroy the Worlds monuments for our purposes and see what happens, just pave the the world over and forget about your history. Keep reading the papers and listening to the media. Soon you you won't know what happened two years ago. Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
its a place where elves made and ate flat based bread (pizza as we call it) elves are way high tech and live under us......they abandoned it after humans became very barbaric....they made stonehenge a launchpad for theyre pod (egg shaped ships) to be propelled from under the ground to the surface by magma flares.....

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I drive past Stonehenge quite often on my way to visit relatives. The traffic is absolutely abysmal during the summer and this tunnel is long overdue.
I believe that a tunnel would actually make the site a lot better. At the moment, all the roads around the monument are clogged with dirty, noisy traffic. Tour buses, cars, lorries and the occasional tractor don't exactly add up to a serene visit to one of the UK's most ancient and visited monuments.

Although there are many ancient burial sites in the area, I doubt that any tunneling will hit one. Nearly all of the sites have been marked out and are easy to spot as the ancient Britons who lived in the area used the mound system of burial. There are no burial mounds in the way of the route.

Also remember that this is not the first tunnel in the area. The pedestrian tunnel from the car-parks which leads under the road to Stonehenge itself opened a decade or so back without any problems.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They should leave it be. Stonehenge is still a great mystery and may yet have a surprise or two for us. I do not think it is useless. So it may not do anything it is still a great symbol if the mystery of our past. It is what got me, and many others I�m sure, to start asking questions and become interested in learning history.

If they are bound and determined to build this tunnel I just hope that they are extremely careful not to damage it.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Archeologists have dug around stonehenge before but it would be interesting to see what they might find from digging so deep. However as interesting it might be i agree that it should just be left alone instead of risking ruining it to improve traffic flow. On PBS they had a great series called "Secrets of the Dead". One of the stories featured was a grave they dug up at stonehenge and trying to piece together what happened. Check out the link if you're interested.

www.pbs.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join