It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the **** has happend to OBJECTIVITY!?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know.
This world has taken new steps in a whole new retarded direction.
What has happened to people's ability for OBJECTIVITY!?!?!?!?!?!?!

All you ever hear anymore is factionalization of EVERYTHING!!!

Of course the media gets it worse than all FROM ALL SIDES!!!
Yes its a given that the media can be manipulated by those that own it and those that regulate their activities that is a given. But they report anything ANYTHING AT ALL and they are immediately blasted by someone that rants and raves about how they are the tool of SOMEONE else. SO which is it? Are they the tools of the evil liberals or the evil neo-cons???????? They can't be both yet both sides bitch endlessly about the media.

Even the word skeptic has been tarnished by this silly bull crap. Skeptic doesn't mean what it's dictionary term says anymore. It's a derogatory word slapped on someone who doesn't agree with this or faction.
And its worthwile to note.
A true skeptic even holds even what science has to say suspect.
Not some retard empowered by science to debunk everything they don't agree with.

And where the hell does anyone get off assuming that just because you disagree with them you didn't do any research?????
Or that your stupid???
Or that your just sheeple who believes everything your told????

And another thing, if a movement is supposedly looking for the truth how come every single argument that comes up against them do they apply that bull crap line of "I did my research and you didn't" or "your just stupid."
Allow me to let you in on something if you were looking for the "truth" you'd accept every possible interpretation and not disallow anyone saying otherwise.
It's childish "It's my way or its not true.".

But come on!!!! I see more rallying cries and forced ignorance on this board thats stated cause is to deny ignorance. THEN ANYWHERE ELSE!

I see so called "evidence" intercepted only one way and no words edgewise allowed. Otherwise your a evil "debunker" or debauched "skeptic".

IT'S ALL FACTIONALISM!!! It's a us against them that is inherently the antithesis to ever actually getting to the bottom of ANYTHING!
Especially when a faction that tells me an Aircraft Maintenance Tech is by proxy a high velocity impact physicist and hitting the ground is similar to hitting a wall.
Or that physics are against any building collapsing.
Or that mankind's limited by his mind but yet some how he will find "ultimate understanding" and yet not be able to explain why they have such a optimistic view.
Most likely I made no sense but hey it is my rant.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Breathe! just breathe! It's ok, people don't like it when they are told they are wrong. They don't like it when you explain to them objectively with supporting evidence that their flaked out little theory doesn't hold water.

Springer has said it best in his signature line "Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Stay middle of the road. Don't take anything by face value look into it yourself and make up your own mind. Thats why you have your own mind to begin with.

I agree that there is way too much of that sort of nonsense going on around the world and here on ATS but thats the world we live in unfortunately. People are choosing sides left and right and there are fewer and fewer people in the middle left to sort out the bull dung.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Just annoys me because it is our children that will be screwed over in the end.
They will have to pick up the pieces from this retardation.
And deal with the fall out when all this factionalisation hits critical mass.

Used to bug me before. I ignored it. I could take whatever the world throws at me.
But now I have a child and it just REALLY ticks me off this is the world we are leaving to those we say we love. All this us and them BS.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

But now I have a child and it just REALLY ticks me off this is the world we are leaving to those we say we love. All this us and them BS.

Heh yeah,, having kids has a way of getting one to see the world in a whole new way and I'm afraid we have a tendency to want to shield them from every aspect of it. I won't say "take a breath or chill pill" I think understand what you're saying and often I too, ask, "Where is the outrage!?!?" I see you've been to my jref debunker thread. Perhaps when you have the time you might see the new posts there and get a better perspective since your last visit.

You know I think your thread posts usually make drop dead

Common Sense wraith,

and that includes

this one.

- Con

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh and another thing. (not at you con just something else that really sets me off)

WTF is up with these people that think the only way to truly fight something is to polarize against it?? To the point its the same old bull crap just a different message????????!!!??????

Hate to inform alot of people but nothing is ever as cut and dry as "everything they do/say is wrong so I must become the antithesis of them".

Guess what kiddies. That's throwing objectivity right out the window too. With extreme vengeance.

JAK

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A quote I do not like ~ 'You're either with us or against us...'

and another which I do ~ 'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'

Jak

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Very good quotes man.

Couldn't agree more. I think the problem alot of people let their pride rule them and refuse to admit that they are limited and could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I know what you are saying..

I must however admit to not always being the most objective person in the world. (I hope I instilled some in my daughters)

For me it comes and goes in waves depending on how may day went or my evening is going. I really strive to see "the other side" of any issue, but alas I am, at times, unsuccessful.

I think much is just human nature.

Semper

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

We are all human man.
All that I really care is that people friggin try.
And I wouldn't know because I never had problem with you but you seem to be a pretty stand up guy.
There are more than a few on here though that make my gums ache.

Which brings me to another point.
WTF is with people who thinking winning the argument at ALL COSTS even by diverting it makes them smarter and proves their point (if they even have one) better than anyone else?

top topics

join