It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military satellites 'may get stealthy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Military satellites 'may get stealthy'

news.bbc.co.uk

The US has denied Thursday's destruction of the disabled spy satellite USA 193 was a response to an anti-satellite test carried out by China last year.

The prospect of hostile operations against satellites already influences how military spacecraft are built and operated.

Satellites such as Skynet 5, operated by the UK Ministry of Defence, carry technologies designed to resist any interference - attempts to disable or take control of the spacecraft - and any efforts to eavesdrop on sensitive communications.

An advanced receive antenna allows the spacecraft to selectively listen to signals and filter out attempts to "jam" it.

But the latest actions are certain to influence how countries plan for protecting their intelligence capability in space.

Applying armour to spacecraft in order to protect them against a missile is a non-starter. No amount of shielding would be any use against a missile hitting the satellite at a closing velocity of 10km/s (22,000mph).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The recent knockdown of a US spy satellite, following the Chinese taking out one of their own previously, has shown that they are vulnerable to relatively cheap missile shots, negating their worth in any emergency adversarial conflict. They need to be made more stealthy or have nanoprotected satelites. It is sad that we would need satelittes to protect the satelittes. But this is a new era, take out ones satelittes, down with commerce, education, power grids, emergency response, communications, and the list goes on. We can not see what kind of disaster this could do to a society who relies on this equipment so much.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
[edit on 25-2-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well with these getting more stealthy and IBM building a super computer to run the net, I guess its only a matter of time before Terminator comes to town......

I mean it is pretty much the next step for their robotic army.... i bet everyone uses everyone satilites somehow....

Now they wanna kut off Satilite funneling... lol whatever may be there true goals rest asured that means more power to them an less to us....

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As i read more and more on here it almost seems hopeless doesnt it. Do we even have a chance of not being enslaved under the new digital age. Where we are watched and monitored at all times. Look at the reported that was arrested for downloading on the net a thing on womans rights in afganistan, he is sentenced to death for this crime. Who says what is right and what is wrong anymore. Hell these damn satelittes i am told can see through clouds now and read a postage stamp on the ground. We always worry about the worse case. Hell planet x will destroy us soon, or was it a nuke or the polar shift, or wait global warming. Damn i lost that thought now.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why worry, I think it will be Colonel Watson in the bathroom with a match an a urge to break wind......Anyway we go its gonna be a sight for sore eyes, anyway you think of it for this lifetime to be it would be a huge waste in nature, an If i know anything, its that nature doesnt waste anything.......

So either Chuck norris gives us the mind death touch, or Freddy Cruger Punishes us with a eternity of Nightmares, I know at the end of the life, Another window/exit will open up an I can Leap/Slide on outta here

But in the meantime, I can also raise my fist into the air and Scream, " Why cant we all just get along " But lowering my fists and placing them behind myback for being arrested becuz I was too Free I will understand that money and power thoe appearing awesome and grand are nothing more then a steping stone to a Window of opportunity for someone or a group of someones.

Let them stealth there sats, still doesnt mean our special digitized humans of the night wont crack into them an suck them dry..... the freedomfighters of tomorrow are digital soilders of today.....

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They have stealthed their ships, their planes, why not satelittes. Next they will stealth the tax man, never see him comin. Now theres the real men in black.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
At the stealthy tax man....... your doing yer dishes an you reach over to put away the dish an he takes it from you an puts it in his briefcase......
" hello mam its AUDIT TIME! "

lol that should be a cartoon, adventures of the Jim, the tax collector..... he rides a skulled out lowrider chopper but dresses in a light navy blue suit lol

top topics

join