It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Riches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Holy crap, I rented this on DVD and could not believe how funny it was. I mean, I've always like Eddie Izzard, and the premise sounded good, but I did not expect there to be such great dark humor. Did anyone else catch the last episode of season 1?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I thought, surely there can't be another season, how could they still get away with what they do, and would it be just as good, but I'm just finishing up tonight's episode, second season. Still love it!
The youngest son's cross dressing--was that Eddie Izzard's idea??

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Haha, that's what I figured when I first saw the show, but evidently the youngest son was already written as a cross-dresser before Eddie was even cast.
www.imdb.com...
Funny how things work out, huh?

I also can't believe how amazing the writers are. They present myriad problems for the Malloys every episode, and somehow they still manage to survive. Cael has left the family, we learn that Di Di is drifting away from her Traveler roots, Dahlia has to lead a second life to protect her family from Dale, and Wayne ... well, his "easy $150 million deal" is way more complicated than he expected. Plus that guy Quinn who just got out of jail is obviously plotting something.

Do you think they'll ever get money from that deal? I feel like Wayne's in way over his head... even more than usual, haha.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the info about the son's part.

In this household, the bets are on that they won't get the money and that they will end up having to start a new, but phony, life again, thus making for another season with new plots.
Yes, Wayne is way over his head. He was recognized as a con and also as not being a lawyer. I liked his comeback about not passing the bar.

Quinn gives me the creeps. Intelligent, but a tough ex-convict. Not someone I would want to be around.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by desert]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, Quinn hasn't had much screen time yet, but whenever I see him he's unsettling. Did you see last night's ep? Looks like Quinn might confront Cael ... I do not see that going well.

There were two things I loved about last night's ep: *SPOILERS ahead if you didn't see it!*

1. Hugh will run for mayor. This could give Wayne a friend in a high place should anything bad happen.
2. Dale helping out to get the bloody towel. Sure, he's helping Wayne and Sam for selfish reasons, but as long as his interests are aligned with Wayne's they should make a good team.

This show needs to get renewed, because I love the way the story is building up. I'm telling all my friends to watch so this show gets good ratings.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nope, you didn't spoil it a bit. I'm getting ready to watch this week's episode.

Hugh and Wayne, Dale and Wayne...yes, beneficial partnerships for the future. But what could happen to bring out the best, or the worst, in these relationships...we shall see...

Although I find the camp as unsettling as Quinn, I like to see it, so I'm glad Cael is back there, and with a love interest.

Oh, I liked seeing the new rv. lol The old rv's and trailers were getting to me. I think my friends think that the Travlers camp must look like where we vacation. lol

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Although I find the camp as unsettling as Quinn, I like to see it, so I'm glad Cael is back there, and with a love interest.

Yeah, the Cael storyline is definitely intriguing to me. Judging from last night's episode,

*SPOILERS* (just in case)

Quinn is treating him well... but who wouldn't want a nice healthy hostage as leverage? At least that's why I think Quinn wants Cael around. It's not like Quinn wants a friend, he's been scheming since he got out of jail!

I can't wait to see what Quinn does in the season finale now, but I also want to see what Wayne will do. We learned in the episode that he burned down his own orphanage and stole another orphan's money... he definitely sounds like a man who will do whatever it takes, so he might surprise Quinn.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cael as a future hostage, exactly! And I was surprised about Dale and his friends/partners and their scheme, and Wayne's surprise about that.

Even the party surprised me, and the END of it!

And Dahlia, who has, as a habit/survival, told mountains of lies, lit into Wayne about his lying to her. The immediate family has a line that can't be crossed.

On to a third season after the finale! I hope. Here's what I would do if not

Surely, we can't be the only members of the subgroup of the intersection of People Who Watch the Riches and People Who Post on ATS! lol

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
And Dahlia, who has, as a habit/survival, told mountains of lies, lit into Wayne about his lying to her. The immediate family has a line that can't be crossed.

This season has really shown an evolution in the family, although "erosion" might be a more accurate term. Each person (with the exception of Sam) is going in a different direction. In the beginning there was the unspoken understanding that the family would always be true and be there for one another in times of need. Now that that doesn't seem to be there, what do they have left?

Surely, we can't be the only members of the subgroup of the intersection of People Who Watch the Riches and People Who Post on ATS! lol

I know, where are the Riches fans! If any lurkers want to check out this show, all the episodes are on Hulu. If you hurry, you can watch all of season 2 and then catch tonight's finale! Can't wait to see what Quinn does!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Can't wait for season 3!!! More good writing and acting.

Just goes to show how hard it is to live the American Dream, even in Eden Falls (even the name implying a "fall from Paradise"). lol

A little education goes a long way. lol Quinn, the archetype hero, is forced to leave, endure hard times in prison, finding enlightenment through education, and returns to enlighten his group, yet still ever the Traveler.

And Wayne is described as a pioneer, deliberately leaving the group, enduring good and bad along the path he is blazing for others of his group.

What another surprise, Sam finding a friendship allowing him to live with his truth, unlike Nina's life.

There were times I wasn't sure if I were watching the Sopranos or The Riches lol

Truth and lies mix in The Riches as in real life, like oil and vinegar in a salad dressing, blending at times but separating out eventually.

Can't wait for more!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Great post, I like your analysis.

I was also very intrigued by Quinn's words about the Malloys. It sounded like he actually believed them... but that doesn't mean he isn't going to try to get a piece of the action!

I can't wait to see what goes down in season 3. Plus we still need to know who has Dale scared I think.

top topics

join