It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like to eat fat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Beef fat, pork fat, fish fat........mmmmmm so good! IMO it's better than the meat itself.

But as I've gotten older, I try to cut it all off and just eat one small piece. Doesn't mean I still can't want to eat all of it.

Let's talk about eating fat!

Edit: Here's a good amount of tasty fat for ya.

Duck fat so good you'll get up and slap yo momma!

Peace

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't typically eat just chunks of fat, but most meats need a good meat to fat ratio. Cooking with fat is a must.

Saturday, I ate french fries fried in duck fat. Unbelievably good.

Foods that are low in fat are uninspired. Beef tenderloin equals boring. Rib eye or New York strip equal more flavor. Bacon cheeseburgers fried in the bacon fat rule the burger world. Slow smoked pork shoulder or beef brisket are sublime because of the fat. Chopped liver made with schmaltz is the ultimate deli spread. Braised short ribs or chuck roast are good why? Because of fat.

Chicken and turkey thighs and legs are fatty and delicious. Chicken and turkey breasts are dry.

Serrano or Parma ham? Good fat. Good fat.

Tortillas made with lard are real. Low flat tortillas are equivalent to rolling the filling in paper.

Foie Gras? World's greatest fat.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Foie Gras? World's greatest fat.

I could eat this much foie gras in one sitting:

Single serving of fat

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I can hear my arteries slamming shut from just reading this thread, but yeah, you gotta love the fat.

This morning we had bacon and eggs, toast with butter on it.
Lunch was a beefy borcht with 14% fat sour cream on top and biscuits made with bacon fat and cheddar.

Supper tonight will be pork tenderloin, rice, corn and green beans.
Supper may sound low fat and healthy, but no. I'll cook the pork in fat, put butter on the rice and veggies.

It's not easy to eat healthy when it's the fat that makes the food taste so good.:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I like to eat.

One of my fav Chinese dishes is fatty pork. Big strips of pork that must have about a 50 - 75% fat content, slow cooked in a clay pot with preseved veggies and "stuff".

I'll hunt about for recipe and some pics... It's the mutts nutts, the fat gets all like sweet and OMG I'm dribbling at the thought of it...

MonKey

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Oh man, I bet that fat just melts in your mouth. We need pictures of the fat A.S.A.P..

Here's some more good fat, chicken fried bacon.......dipped in cream gravy of course.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i think i just threw up in my mouth a little hahaha

seriously though when i was a meat eater i used to chew the fat off steaks. only steaks though i couldnt deal with chicken fat or any other kind. but yeah the parts i chewed were just so flavorful! so i can see why people do it. i iused to love the skin of chicken when it was fried i wouldnt swallow it though just chew hahaha

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My hubby almost drooled at the chicken fried bacon clip!
Have to admit, that's where the flavor is in a piece of meat and my crowd put away fried fatback and fried chops tonight. Tasteeee!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I hardly eat meat anymore - it's not a lifestyle choice or anything, it's just I fancy it less as I've got older.

Having said that, I used to LOVE pork bellies - pretty much half meat, half fat.
Seasoned with garlic, ginger, soy and mixed herbs then crispy cooked in the oven.

Hey, Dr Love - I bet you look more like marlon brando than robert deniro after all that fat

[edit on 27/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gemmeee my prime rib, rare and don't trim it Hey those pork rinds are pretty good too.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Hey, Dr Love - I bet you look more like marlon brando than robert deniro after all that fat

Marlon Brando circa Jor-El with a little more of a gut.

Peace

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yup, eating fat is far tastier than veggies. Deep fry the skins from off the chicken, for example, and that makes a crunchy appetizer.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Any time I prepare duck breast I save the rendered fat and make a vinegrette from it and also to coat the croutons before I toast them in a saute pan. Kinda neutralizes the whole 'salad is healthy' concept, but it tastes damn good.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I love fat. Love it love it loooveit!

However, I am on a diet, not strictly neccesary but more for health reasons. Have upped the herbs and spices to cover the lack of fat. It sure don't stop the cravings, though.

Can't stand meat without some kind of fatty loveliness clinging to it like a great big fatty layer of greatly flavoursome goodness.
Cooked aged ribeye steaks just before the onset of my present regime, and sprinkled herb de provence on the fat before cooking. It was beautifully marbled and pan fried to perfection. Fairly glistening with herby, lardy goodness.
Sat on my plate just beging to be eaten, so I obliged. It is now a pleasant memory, not to be seen in my kitchen for many a year (please shoot me now).
Should have taken a photo, just to remind me that there is a world beyond salad.

My wife, who is sitting next to me, watched the chicken fried bacon clip. She doesn't like fat at the best of times, in fact she despises it (unless it is presented in its female form; Chocolate) and damn nearly puked when she saw that plate sized steak and the foi gras. I nearly had an accident in my trousers.

She is has generous womanly proportions, mainly through the ingestion of said lady bars, and pointed out that if cooked, she'd taste fabulous because of her padding.

Will report back if discovered to be true.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
yuck. i cant stand fat, never could. looks nasty, feels nasty, tastes nasty, etc.

its like a gummy, sticky, oily wax. yuck!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I love fat. I love to eat a plate of fat and wash it down with a glass of hot fat. Delicious!!

And then for pudding, I would have fat cake. Sort of like cheese cake, but you use lard instead of cheese.....

Edit to add: Dr. Love.....when did you beocme a moderator? You went over to the other side man.....that's cold!

Just kidding! I still love ya!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

new topics

top topics

join