It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Class May Be Subject To Food Rations, Warns UN

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I like to keep a year backlog on canned items and just rotate them out as we use them. This way I always have a years worth on hand. That goes for dried goods like pancake mix as well. Doin' a garden this year and finishing my new chicken coop as well. So I guess I'm lighting a candle!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

since jan 08, i have seen food prices rise substanstually. i do all the food shopping for my home, and i now have to go to a wal-mart grocery to buy foods in the same price range as in early 07. the wealthy have gotten their way, we are becoming a nation of the underclass...history repeats.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I like to keep a year backlog on canned items and just rotate them out as we use them. This way I always have a years worth on hand. That goes for dried goods like pancake mix as well. Doin' a garden this year and finishing my new chicken coop as well. So I guess I'm lighting a candle!

Ya I do not eat much can foods, so rotating them is not what I would normally do, but I would like to store up to two years worth of food maybe more. I would think a 30 year shelf life would be good for me. This also might be stored in a way that access would be hard. That way if the # hit the fan I would not need to risk my life to protect it. I think the ability to stash away supplies might be the best way to go. Something you do and just forget about unless it is truly needed. What you suggest I see as a much shorter term option, but I’m sure there are a huge number of people that have at best a few weeks of food at any one time.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

i do agree that we have to live within our means, but for a large majority of the middle class and lower class, they have seen their buying power with the incomes they bring in, to be dropping consistantly thru the years. while the wealthy have had enormous gains in their income due to government welfare and subsidies. it always amazed me that people like you, tend to blame the people with the least amount of power for their troubles. but the most wealthy and influenctual have no responsability in this matter. by your very statement that people should go and buy gold, currently at 975 dollars an ounce, to hedge against the future, leads me to believe that you know little about lower income houseloads and the tightrope they walk, just to have food, clothing, and shelter. black slaves in the old south had that. alot of people are too proud or embarressed to tell others how difficult it is to live from day to day. but to you, they just need to live within their means and buy gold.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hey xtrozero. check out this site. Just found it yesterday, some good info on survival skills, storing food, etc.
Rogue turtle

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by mybigunit
I already pay 35% its not going much higher for me.

Don't fool yourself. How does 60% sound? If Hillary or Obama get elected the tax rate, depending on your tax bracket, could go as high as 60% just as when Carter was President.

Let's not forget the additional paycheck deductions for Universal Healthcare. Hillary says there will be enforcement mechanisms so that you HAVE TO PAY even if you don't want the service. In other words, your health is no longer your own business whether you like it or not! You have no say in the matter; it is up to Big Sister or Big Brother.

Ladies and Gentlemen, don't be fooled by the allure. Do you honestly think the government will be able to improve healthcare by taking it over? They will be cost-cutting and you will be like ran through the system like cattle with one-size-fits-all diagnoses. In order to reduce costs, the Government will want to know various details about your life… do you smoke? How is your diet? Are you a safe driver? Are you at risk for congenital diseases x, y, and z? (They’ll need your DNA for that last one, by the way.)

This is scary stuff! Remember it is Obillary who wants this, not Juan McCain. So you can’t tell me there is no difference between the candidates.

McCain is 50%. Obillary is 0%.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join