It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Class May Be Subject To Food Rations, Warns UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Middle Class May Be Subject To Food Rations, Warns UN

www.blacklistednews.com

The UN is warning of a food shortage crisis and drawing up plans for food rations which will hit even middle-class suburban populations as inflation and economic uncertainty causes the prices of staple food commodities to skyrocket.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Uh oh everybody. Better start stockpiling while you have the chance. And if you can afford it!
Thiongs are getting more scary with each passing day. This is not a good sign.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Fear mongering? From UN through PP...
To be honest I haven't noticed any significant rise in food prices? Not 60% atleast...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Fear mongering? From UN through PP...
To be honest I haven't noticed any significant rise in food prices? Not 60% atleast...

You evidently don't live in the State of Georgia.

Grocery Bills are going through the roof around here. And I'm talking Kroger brands here too. As they are the cheapest.

The number of people shopping at local food discounters Aldi has also gone up exponentially.

Last week I heard an elderly woman going off at the checkout because it cost her so much more than she is used to on her fixed income.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I have...Over the past year to year and a half, I have watched the price of most dairy, and bread in my area skyrocket. Perhaps not 60%, but at least 30-40% on quite a number of items. I have altready had to cut back on quite a few things, and my grocery bills STILL seem to be high....Next up-WATER.

Good find Palehorse!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

This is why you need to grow your own food...

No grocery bills...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So it's unanimous... Flice doesn't actually shop for groceries... or if so doesn't look at the bill.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
flice lives in the UK. I believe the article is talking about the US.

Plus, if he buys his food from a subsidized grocery then it wouldn't matter. Food prices would stay the same...

Or a farmer's market...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Oh ok... well then that makes sense.

Yeah, here in the US even farmers market prices are going sky high... They are still cheaper than the grocery store, but are the first prices to go up.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd say my grocery expenditures are close to 50% more than what they were 3 years ago where I live. As mentioned above, I too have started to produce my own produce in an effort to both curb the cost, as well as my paranoia ( I won't pretend it doesn't freak me out) about the public food supply.

I've also gotten pretty fanatical bout water, and have implemented a rather intricate system for collecting rain water and snow. For some reason, I feel a lot better about food and water that I know hasn't been messed with... Call me crazy...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Food prices are going up here too. Having a mega drought from hell doesn't help it.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dang...I have to start paying attention to my grocery bill..lol. When your single and no kids the reciept ends up in the trash and the worries don't hit home like they should.

Now thank god I got my MRE stash..lol Maybe i'll invest in a few more cases.

Is this a way to interject fear...sure is...is it a reality...I don't think so...atleast not yet. Could it become reality...the downslope we are on as a country, and with the population of this planet exploding...oh boy...it could get interesting!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here too. Food prices are through the roof! Definitely going to garden this spring/summer. To hell with the grocers. For now, the farmer's market, IMO, is definitely the way to go.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Dang...I have to start paying attention to my grocery bill..lol. When your single and no kids the reciept ends up in the trash and the worries don't hit home like they should.

Now thank god I got my MRE stash..lol Maybe i'll invest in a few more cases.

Is this a way to interject fear...sure is...is it a reality...I don't think so...atleast not yet. Could it become reality...the downslope we are on as a country, and with the population of this planet exploding...oh boy...it could get interesting!!!

Given that they just recalled 143 million lbs of beef, and the other issues we've had with our food system, I think this is more than just injecting fear.

Those on fixed incomes (i.e. seniors) are noticing this in a huge way. I just hope we don't end up with people buying cat food again...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This was taken out of context. They don't mean US, they mean countries like Darfur, Indonesia, etc.:

She told the business daily that the WFP was "seeing a new face of hunger in which people are being priced out of the food market" with hunger now "affecting a wide range of countries", pointing to Indonesia, Yemen and Mexico in particular.
YAHOO

However I do believe eventually our food will become rationed much after because of the UN. Believe it or not the US contributes more money then any other country in the UN...and they are in debt the most...it is very ironic.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Given that they just recalled 143 million lbs of beef, and the other issues we've had with our food system, I think this is more than just injecting fear.

WOW...143 million lbs....ok..that leads me to wonder what experiment did they try and it went totally wrong..lol. Or what alien race came down and demaded some food or else!

As for the UN...Useless Notion....sorry but they aren't what I consider to be helpers of the less fortunate!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This ONE day after the Doomsday Vault
was inaugurated!

Maybe, they are going to make some money.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For folks whom grow gardens this wont be as much an issue.
50 years ago everyone had a garden and grew most of their own Veggies and some fruits. My Mother and GrandMother rarely spent any money on Foods other than Sugar,Coffee,Salt, etcc..
If more people had Veggie gardens this wouldnt be a huge issue.
Relying on buisinesses and shipping to bring in food you can Homegrown for cheeper is just a ridiculous notion in my mind. But conveinence is King or so the Ad's tell us.
Better start those gardens indoor and out IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
your right...but what about the 14 million people in NYC who dont even have a yard. Or the 11 million in LA, 9 million in Atlanta, etc....the city folk are screwed....lol...

I was raised on a farm, so I agree...a garden and some elbow grease and you can have enough to live off of. But this isn't 50 years ago....the population is going through the roof...and land mass is getting less and less...as I said before..Not good

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Also, what about terminator seed technology and the patents that Monsanto OWNS?
Terminator seeds have the ability to render conventional crops sterile.

Yesterday the U.N. and E,U. organizations along with Bill Gates and Monsanto Officially presented the Doomsday Vault to hold seeds 'in case' of an emergency. In the Arctic. ???

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Clearskies]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join