It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Economy a Weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I like many other Americans believe that the US economy is currently in a recession.

However, what if that is the US govt plan all along?

What if the US govt intentionally is pushing the US economic recession theme to the whole world, with the intention of using the mis-information as a weapon against other countries.

What if the US govt has such power over our stock markets, that they are purposefully manipulating our economy, (ex: timing the public banker loan crisis) just to 'ficticiously' sink our economy.

I mean what would that provide for the US? If the US economy was artifically sunk, it would mean that it would bounce back hard, sucking up all the wealth of the investors who bet against it. It could also help to also ties with countries who rely on the US dollar. The list goes on, and on....

What other uses could you see for using a false US economic crash as a weapon?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is an interesting point, one that could have many more implications than we might think. I have wondered if the government is putting us into debt strategically in order to "defend" ourselves from an invasion by another country. Why would they do this? Right now we are in a weak position if we were to be attacked by another country, considering how we have so many troops deployed overseas.

A country that takes over another through war automatically assumes responsibility for the conquered countries debt, and with the amount of debt we currently have, it would be a very poor decision for another country to invade us now.

This is just one possible situation, and I don't consider it to be very likely, however that doesn't mean we should ignore unlikely possibilities. I don't understand the economy nearly enough to say whether a recession would really be beneficial enough to be induced intentionally, but we should take all possibilities into consideration.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You know I have also wondered if maybe the GOP has the ability to use the US economy as a weapon during election time.

Because a faltering economy general leans people towards a conservative economic stance. Something which they feel might help them during this up coming election.

My prediction is that the US economy magically repairs itself after the up coming 2008 election.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That's an interesting theory you got there, kind of wait for the wolves to circle ever closer then at the right moment pull out all manner of automatic weapons and rip em to shreds!

But I do really think America has been living on borrowed time for a long time now, more and more commodities are no longer being sold exclusively in dollars, China just marches on and grows in whatever way it likes regardless of it's own people - which is an advantage (for want of a better word) that western governments simply don't have.

I fear the US has been living beyond her means, like a student debt it's fun to run up, but you end up paying for it later. Unfortunately the US may feel backed into a corner and can always resort to unimaginable force - guess it boils down to weather they want to live within their means, or change the rules.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% now_then. The economy is much too complex in my opinion to be controlled by the governement. There are too many factors that make up the economy. We will see even more of a recession once oil is bought with euros instead of dollars. The U.S. is fighting to keep oil from being bought with euros.

join