It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan hails Obama as 'hope of entire world'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Farrakhan hails Obama as 'hope of entire world'

www.msnbc.msn.com

"This young man is the hope of the entire world that America will change and be made better," he said. "This young man is capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow. If you look at Barack Obama's audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.abcnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Supporters More Like a Cult Than Political Campaign

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Though I don't really feel Obama is any better or worse than any other leading candidate, the messianic flavor of some of his supporters really strike a nerve in me.

The selection of USA leaders based on emotion rather than logic has always seemed to me a dangerous precedent.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The idolization of this man is absolutely ridiculous. I ask his supporters why they support him, and they always say the same thing, "There is just something that makes me trust him", "He seems to be real", "He'll change the establishment".

I wonder just how many even know how he'll deal with the increasingly hostile geopolitical arena, the crumbling economy, illegal immigration?

I wonder how many of them even know of the hostile geopolitical arena, the crumbling economy and illegal immigration?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
disgusting display of racism by farrakhan- notice he excludes whites from his wee rant.

Also, I rather suspect all the "reds" and "browns", and not even all the "blacks" in the US are treating him as a racial messiah.

As for the "entire world", well, whites are part of that world, but he excludes us, and does he think one billion chinese and one billions Indians give two #s about a president being black?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
msnbc love obama and shove him in to all peoples faces. The american people are weird.

I wonder if there is a difference between Jim Jones and Obama, and are we just watching another cia cult get going.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

And you know what... that sounds just like supporters of jesus or allah would have been like back then (in case they actually lived).
However, while I don't believe this man to be an idol like those two toons, I do believe that an election of him could help change the mindset on who can lead a country.
I would atleast boost the European faith in the American people.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I could care less what Farrakhan thinks.

He is not on my list of valued opinions, this man is programed to see color and to let it be the deciding factor in his decision making.

Honestly who cares what he says anyway?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe

The selection of USA leaders based on emotion rather than logic has always seemed to me a dangerous precedent.

Actually it's the other way around for me. My emotional reaction to Bush was that he was a moron. My Emotional reaction to Hillary is the same.

My emotional reaction to Obama is based on the fact that he has taken zero money from lobbyists, and it feels real good to me to see the traditional party puppeteers trying to squash him.

So I'm voting on my gut, always have, always will.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
disgusting display of racism by farrakhan- notice he excludes whites from his wee rant.

Also, I rather suspect all the "reds" and "browns", and not even all the "blacks" in the US are treating him as a racial messiah.

As for the "entire world", well, whites are part of that world, but he excludes us, and does he think one billion chinese and one billions Indians give two #s about a president being black?

Why shouldn't he exclude whites? Farakhan has no concern for the oppressors of the last 500 years. He's concerned for those who have been victimized over the last 500 years.

But then again, your perspective is one that is classic "White".

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
msnbc love obama and shove him in to all peoples faces. The american people are weird.

I wonder if there is a difference between Jim Jones and Obama, and are we just watching another cia cult get going.

You must be a sad little man.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
QUAZGA- Do not insult others oppinions regardless of the ignorance or arrogance you feel is Present.

GET BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE

[edit on 25-2-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
QUAZGA- Do not insult others oppinions regardless of the ignorance or arrogance you feel is Present.

GET BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE

[edit on 25-2-2008 by rjmelter]

Who did I insult?

And I do believe the topic is about a Minister who is often seen in a very racist light speaking about the wonders of a presidential candidate.

This is *so* totally on topic.

But once again, who did I insult?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

You insulted ^^^ This person.

So are you defending this... Farrakhan?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

You insulted ^^^ This person.

So are you defending this... Farrakhan?

How is that an insult? Given his high level of cynicism it follows logically that he must be sad. And even if you disagree, how is saying someone must be sad anywhere near an insult? Patronizing perhaps.. but an insult?

Once again, you really should understand the words you are using before typing them.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
More team mentality by some of the biggest players on the field. This election is now no longer about real "politics" but personal ones, as they've been hoping to acheive for awhile now. It's no longer about healthcare, economy, the war, but who presents themselves better, who looks the sharpest, who has the most wit. The blinders have been put on and as this petty bickering, especially between Obama and Clinton achieve absolutely nothing, they themselves are making critical headway into American households. These people are really getting fired up... For nothing.. Absolutely nothing. But we know who we're going to vote for if we're a woman, male, white, black. With the petty quibbling, all of America are reshaping their values around these two people saying the exact same thing; nothing. Empty politics. Just as they're supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The past couple of elections have been nothing more than a Barnum & Baileys 3 Ring Circus act. NONE of these candidates give two sh**s about this country or its people-NOT ONE OF THEM. They all serve the same vested interests-more wealth and power grabs off the backs of the american tax-payers. Expect more of the same old, no matter WHO gets elected. Our system is entirely corrupted and broken.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
The past couple of elections have been nothing more than a Barnum & Baileys 3 Ring Circus act. NONE of these candidates give two sh**s about this country or its people-NOT ONE OF THEM. They all serve the same vested interests-more wealth and power grabs off the backs of the american tax-payers. Expect more of the same old, no matter WHO gets elected. Our system is entirely corrupted and broken.

Please exaplin to me how Obama who has taken no money from lobbyists is in anyway in the pocket of big business.

Do you not see how fierece both of the candidates who are in the pockets of big business are fighting him?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Those fawning over Barack Obama has embraced a type of magical thinking, one that isn't uncommon in elections, that mere act of electing him president will solve all the country's problems. That is not how it works in any political system, especially in a democratic republic such as the US. The entire system is built on compromise of one sort or another. Fans of Obama are setting themselves up for disappointment.

That being said, though that type of thinking lends itself to almost every election, rare is it we see it on this level. People faint at his rallies, they clap when he sneezes. And though he has made his policies clear, most of his supporters would be hard pressed to tell you what they are. They are just in awe of his charisma.

It reminds me of a quote from Herbert Spencer:

"Hero-worship is strongest where there is least regard for human freedom."

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Please exaplin to me how Obama who has taken no money from lobbyists is in anyway in the pocket of big business.

Has Obama taken money from unions? Who are some of his contributors?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Has Obama taken money from unions? Who are some of his contributors?

Obama is making a ton of money off of people like me. His main source is people who are consistently giving him $50 to $100 every week.

It is the Obama fever which allows for this. Obviously if people were not idolizing him, they would not give.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join