It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Color bar progress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hello to the staff

I need to ask something about the colorful bar at the bottom of ats, bts and pts points. How does it work and why there are some inconsistencies between users. For example; I see my points, my applauses and the number of my post which give me a certain long green line. Another user with way less number of posts, applauses and participation in general has a longer bar. And this is a fact that I've seen in a countless number of users. Not to make it a big deal out of it, I'm just curious how it works.

Thank you in advance.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Telos]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yes, i've asked the same question, i just haven't really asked. i'm as curious as you are buddy...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Taken from here:

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, here's what I have:

The red component of the color (the first byte in the hex color code) is determined by applauses. The value is the number of applauses you have + 50, with an apparent minimum value of 52 (values in decimal).

The blue component (the last byte in the hex color code) is easy, 0 for non-staff 128 for staff (decimal).

Now the green component (middle byte) has been giving me trouble. It's definitely related to number of posts (like the length) and seems to range from 50 - 250, increasing with number of posts up to 10,000 (again like the length). The exact way the figure is calculated though escapes me, it looks like it's either a sliding scale or just predefined ranges without an equation behind it, I'm not sure.

As far as people who don't have bars, I think it's just that the system hasn't calculated them yet for some reasons, although there's a possibility that too many applauses or posts could "break" it, but I'm not sure about that.

OK....there you go.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Even I that has been here for a while still can not understand the littler bars at all, I have a very primitive understanding of them but still eludes me.

I used to like the hot pink before they turn into green and blue.

top topics

join