It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instantaneous Interstellar Communications And Gravity Shielding For Spacecraft!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Wouldn't it be wild if they discovered human DNA, in every conceivable mutation, is quantum entangled with every atom in the universe?

This is one of the gems of the Big Bang theory, every atom is entangled, but their changes of state are communicated at c, otherwise cause and effect (C&E) would be simultaneous.

C&E and instantaneous events exist at the subatomic level of the atom, but cease beyond that range. Outside the subatomic and atomic level a classical communication channel is required.

For fun, lets say you are piloting a photon starship that uses antimatter for its propulsive power. It's too hard to manufacture on board, but you can take a small quantity with you. At 5000 light years out you run out of gas. So now you are waiting for the gravitational beam in the Aristarchus crater antimatter facility on the Moon to send information that will change the state of your remaining entangled matter into antimatter. Relative to Earth you had better be zipping a tiny fraction below light speed, because it will still take 5000 light years as seen by an observer on Earth to reach your ship. But to you a few days wait is nothing.

Oh yeah, and your QT account had better have good credit, hopefully you put a dollar in it before leaving so the interest can cover the charges for manufacture and transmission.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why is there a need to limit things to the speed of light?

There are forces grander than that, such as a black hole being so strong, light cannot escape it. Therefore, the speed of light is only a limiting factor that man has put on themselves, not a true limit as it is believed to be.

Not that I believe in instant anything ... things must travel, but I don't believe there is a speed at which this communication cannot exceed, it would appear instant even if it is not.

Centuries ago, people would have found it an impossible idea to break the speed of sound, now humans travel over 25x the speed of sound in the Space Shuttle. Traveling faster than light just appears to be impossible to us now based on our ideas, models, and understandings of all things that are far more complex than even the most brilliant minds can fathom at this time.

To think we have truly assessed the limits of reality with such an immature grasp on our own solar system, our own bodies ... is quite ridiculous.

Being able to accept the possibility of a great leap in understanding and technology is needed for us to advance. We can't allow ourselves to stagnate. We have come further in the last 150 years than we had in millenia ... let us keep up the pace with open minds and thinking outside 'limits'.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Mike!
Youre the man dude!
nice find!

this is some serious shiz. too bad its going to take forever to reach civilians. At least the Military will have some cool toys
eventually

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
Why is there a need to limit things to the speed of light?

If you review my posts, you will notice I made exception for transrelativistic warp.

Therefore, the speed of light is only a limiting factor that man has put on themselves, not a true limit as it is believed to be.

Did man put gravity upon himself? Yet it limits us, and requires tools to overcome. The same is true for the speed of light, it cannot be escaped within any reference frame. If it was variable, say up to infinity, the universe would unravel instantly. The speed of light describes the nature of spacetime, thereby allowing both space and time to coexist.

To travel faster than light, one must not travel in the commonly understood sense, through space, but rather shift the universe itself by modifying spacetime.

To think we have truly assessed the limits of reality with such an immature grasp on our own solar system, our own bodies ... is quite ridiculous.

It is equally ridiculous to trash a law that accounts for your very existence, as well as the whole of what we deem reality. Understanding of the warp equations build upon GR. And nohow do I or most other scientists that use the speed of light rule c claim to have all the answers.

Being able to accept the possibility of a great leap in understanding and technology is needed for us to advance.

Indeed we are on the same page as far as the need to advance beyond our limits, however one must keep in mind the need to build upon a solid foundation of theory and empirical results with enough humility to accept the times we are wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Think about the implications of free energy. It would totally collaspe the world economy if introduced overnight, and the powers that be would not be making any money from it which is truly their biggest concern. It may be sometime untill free energy is introduced, and I assure you it won't be free.

I think you are off base with this coment. Free energy for transportation of food and materials would relax the pressures of meeting budgets. I think the economy would flourish, leaving more time and money to improve our life and the earth as a whole.

The way things stand now, we are tearing it apart.

Why do we need to hang on to burning gas? It is killing us.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Sory, the post ended up down two

[edit on 25-2-2008 by win 52]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Why do we need to hang on to burning gas? It is killing us.

Prove it.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Awesome Mike! Starred and flagged.

But a scary thought... What if we garnish the attention of some ET that would rather harm us then help us?

FK

I have good news for you. They know of our plight and our needs...ET I mean. You need not be afraid. They have your best interest in mind, and are waiting for you to ask for help.

At some point you will have to make a decision one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico

Prove it.

What a waste. Why are we seeing carbon taxes on foscil fuels. There is all the proof you need.

Do you need petrol to be $10.00 a gallon at the pump? Will you get the message then? Probably not!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

...What if we garnish the attention of some ET that would rather harm us then help us?

They know of our plight and our needs...ET I mean. You need not be afraid. They have your best interest in mind, and are waiting for you to ask for help.

You are both right. It becomes a task to tell the good form the bad.

At some point you will have to make a decision one way or the other.

We as a race, as a species of humans, must eventually accept the universality of humanity.

I am very encouraged to see such insight here, it is all so rare in these times.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

There is no message to be gotten. I seriously doubt you can prove that global warming is caused by humans.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Nice Mike, it's happening.

Next project, superluminal propulsion. The speed of light is just the refresh rate on the screen of our awareness anyway.

With insight into gravity we definitely will immediately will get an upgrade in our description of the universe. The scientific import will have us questioning many things of our established knowledge base. Cascade implications might solve a host of problems in science, and create a few more.

As far as practical impact for any discoveries, it will take years. Initially it will be more a topic of discussion and scientific, philosophic, political arguments on what to do with these new tools.

It will take years to design and make any available applications to public use. Study of the science might find safety issues we need compensate, and design and manufacturing of products will have to wait for that.

This might effect markets world wide as confidence for conventional technology falls. Patents, proprietary law and other issues will buffer any rapid deployment into manufacturing also. No flying car for that trip to Hawaii for a while.

Power, fuels, communications, will all initially be hit. Stockpiles of new cars, aircraft trucks, cellphones, internet networks, Shipping including trains, sea, air and any old technology product will become almost worthless by implication. Jobs will be displaced. People and corporations will be financially ruined as consumers wait for the new technology products and stop buying. Space travel, military uses and any number of things we have not thought of will have implications, good or bad.

Be ready for change when these are shown to the world and proven to be real.

Just the discovery of a single new limitless energy source could disrupt the house of cards the world economy is built on. BUT A WHOLE SLEW?

Remember, some out there are already thinking of ways to stop such competition, cover it up or discredit the discoverers. Sad truth is the people who we have our metered financial plugs in their corporate generators don't want the bills to stop being paid.

Tough for them.

Bring it on. I'm off to Mars for vacation.

ZG

[edit on 2/25/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

I think we should get back on topic. I ventured off because of a post by undo, and the thread is getting derailed.

Lets hear more about the professor and his work.

I would like to because I have some of his papers in my files.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

You've got me all wrong. I wasn't out to derail anything but bad logic cannot stand. If I see bad logic, I'm going to attack it, even if I have to go off on a temporary tangent to do so.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by undo
Wouldn't it be wild if they discovered human DNA, in every conceivable mutation, is quantum entangled with every atom in the universe?

This is one of the gems of the Big Bang theory, every atom is entangled, but their changes of state are communicated at c, otherwise cause and effect (C&E) would be simultaneous.

C&E and instantaneous events exist at the subatomic level of the atom, but cease beyond that range. Outside the subatomic and atomic level a classical communication channel is required.

For fun, lets say you are piloting a photon starship that uses antimatter for its propulsive power. It's too hard to manufacture on board, but you can take a small quantity with you. At 5000 light years out you run out of gas. So now you are waiting for the gravitational beam in the Aristarchus crater antimatter facility on the Moon to send information that will change the state of your remaining entangled matter into antimatter. Relative to Earth you had better be zipping a tiny fraction below light speed, because it will still take 5000 light years as seen by an observer on Earth to reach your ship. But to you a few days wait is nothing.

Oh yeah, and your QT account had better have good credit, hopefully you put a dollar in it before leaving so the interest can cover the charges for manufacture and transmission.

Here's the info I read on it:

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon that Einstein famously dubbed "spooky action at a distance." In short, an entangled pair of photons have quantum properties that are linked to each other. If one photon's spin is up, the other must be down. So if you generate an entangled pair of photons and then separate them by any distance—from a few nanometers to thousands of light-years—you can collapse the wave function of one by detecting its spin direction and you'll know instantaneously the spin of its entangled partner. In such a scenario, the information about the spin of the entangled particle travels faster than light, which is a problem for quantum mechanics and is why Einstein didn't like entanglement.

Quantum Entanglement on a Chip
arstechnica.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

yes, humans are causing global warming:

correlation?

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by Matyas

You've got me all wrong.

Well, suit yourself, I just don't want to make certain I am not setting a bad example. There are plenty of other threads and forums dedicated to this topic. I doubt if the argument can be settled here.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Of course, but who's doing the watching? I know of no way to prove it in a real world framework.

Both observers are collapsing the function simultaneously. Point is, even if it is instantaneous, for all practical purposes the information must travel at c, or the photon would be in both states at once.

Therefore QT is limited to c.

I can show you more later on...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Next project, superluminal propulsion. The speed of light is just the refresh rate on the screen of our awareness anyway.

With insight into gravity we definitely will immediately will get an upgrade in our description of the universe. The scientific import will have us questioning many things of our established knowledge base. Cascade implications might solve a host of problems in science, and create a few more.

As far as practical impact for any discoveries, it will take years.

ZG

Hey ZG!

I've this lurking feeling that this has already been operationalized by the military-industrial complex - Black projects. They're probably far into it, but where the civilian applications for such technologies are concerned it sure is going to take a while due to the reasons you had mentioned.

Vested interests will never allow such technology to see the light of day unless something world shattering happens!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by undo

Of course, but who's doing the watching? I know of no way to prove it in a real world framework.

Both observers are collapsing the function simultaneously. Point is, even if it is instantaneous, for all practical purposes the information must travel at c, or the photon would be in both states at once.

Therefore QT is limited to c.

I can show you more later on...

I understand. Sorry for bringing it up.

The idea of anti-grav propulsion is a given, considering that observation from that person I know (not sure I told you about it but it was definitely not normal propulsion).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join