It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon For Kid Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Cartoon For Kid Bombers

www.people.co.uk

Muslim fanatics in Britain are using sick cartoons, videos and computer games to groom kids as potential SUICIDE BOMBERS.

The extemists pretend to befriend vulnerable youngsters before filling their minds with vile anti-West propaganda.

The People investigated their twisted tactics - likened to those used by paedophiles - in the week that Parviz Khan got life for plotting to kidnap a British Muslim soldier and behead him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Has anyone here come across any of these 'games'? They sound extremely tasteless! Reminds me of a German neo-Nazi game I came across called Concentration Camp Guard - I think you can guess how points were earned!!

www.people.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

From OP...
An MI5 source told The People: "It is easy to get children to watch films and cartoons and play computer games.
"The grooming is done slowly, with the ultimate aim of making utterly unacceptable acts seem normal. This is how paedophiles work."

I don't understand why you seem to be so horrified at this story...if you have an X-Box 360 or Playstation2 you can quit easily go out to a highstreet retailer and buy 'military-tactical-sim' games set in Iraq or other loosely defined mid-east countries that have the sole aim of killing insurgent/hostile military forces as objectives in the games...a definate case of pot calling kettle black here

Edit to add: 'The People Newspaper' is nothing more than a knee-jerking lowest-common-denominator of a tabloid newspaper, and as far from a credible as a source and as far from credible as you can get...its nothing more than utter bollocks sensationalist journalism

How Stuff Works - Virtual Military

Military officials and video game studios have partnered to create realistic, immersive virtual scenarios that help soldiers acclimate to various combat environments and situations. Nonmilitary gamers can even get a sample of some of these scenarios by playing popular commercial software games.

Simulation as part of the Future Combat Systems (FCS) initiative. Soldiers can practice small team tactics in a virtual urban environment. They use an Xbox console to run the game and take on the role of a team leader attempting to achieve specific objectives in various scenarios. Pandemic Studios later offered a modified version of the software as a commercial game, called "Full Spectrum Warrior."

Other games and simulations include "America's Army" and "Guard Force." The military recognizes that today's Armed Forces recruits have grown up in a culture where video games are common. Today, the military uses these games to help connect with recruits and give them a safe environment to practice techniques and skills. Some programs are web-based, allowing recruits to interact with experienced soldiers and learn about real-life techniques that can help keep them safe.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A quick google search shows that "The Suicide Bomber" is actually a "stupid" (creators own words) game showing the stupidity of suicide bombing.

Then again, a kid that age wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Those types of games are usually created by bored teenagers from developed countries which don't hold those views at all. There was one a few years ago, which was voted the worst video game in history, which glamorised US school shootings, for which the developer had to fight to justify why he created the game and what its purpose was.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is basically the same thing that militant christians, jews, animal rights activists and anti-abortionists do as well. Anyone, whether muslim, christian, jew, animal rights activist, anti-abortion fanatics, neo-nazi skinheads, etc, should just learn to live and let live. But sadly, as world history keeps reminding us, they won't. And the rest of us have to suffer for it because of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Completely agree with citizen smith here.

The ammount of mainstream video games and movies that dwell on warfare against terrorists and communist/nazi/islamic enemies is so enormous that when a news report like this comes out it just sounds like "That's unfair! We're the only ones that can do that!"

Give me a break! If "Home Alone" was done today the annoying little kid would probably be trying to keep islamic terrorists out of the house. And said terrorists would have funny voices and be dumb as a brick. So what?

Another thing (and what worries me more) is this tendency to label entertainment as a political tool. Always gives me the chills. Entertainment has always been used for propaganda - always. But for as long as there's diversity all is good. It's when there's someone deciding what message is healthy enough for the public that it all goes down the drain.

So what if there's a stupid game about suicide bombers? There are games out there where the purpose is driving cars over people. There are games out there where the purpose is to torture animals. There are games out there where the purpose is to slap Britney Spears. So what?

Just say no to Islamophobia. Don't let it be a reason for censourship.

Be it a video game, a tv-show or a movie I dread to think about the scripts that will be coming out if it ever becomes official that the purpose of entertainment is to direct and educate the public. You'll have the game "Pay your taxes and shut up" out there on the shelves in no time. You get extra points if you vote for the right candidate too.

top topics

join