It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
msci.150m.com...

a hypothesis i made up a little while ago depicting the fall of society due to man's dependency on the machine.
i could use some expert opinion on this, so critique is encouraged.

its too beg to fit here, so it will have to remain there, besides that means less formatting for me.

please ignore the ads, it is a free web host after all. just refresh until the really annoying ones go away.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If all machines broke down I think I would be okay. but there would be alotmore deaths thats for sure.

and i think that is exactly what nature intended.
if people don't start dieing faster we will have a totally worse apocalypse on our hands.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I know what you mean.

I always thought this. If the lights ever go out for more than a week... thats it..... chaos.

Without power you are no one, you have no money, no food.

We are dependant on the system for everything. Without it we have nothing.

It will never be the end of the world but God had a point with the great flood long ago. Sometimes you just have to start all over.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
think about it.

diabetics would not survive.
people Dependant on surgery would die.
if you had an accident in some place out of the way you would die.

I am not saying that these things are good things, just that it would make earth habitable for much longer, and the holes in the ozone would close up.

one can only hope for 2012 to come a bit faster.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Isn't this what drove the Unabomber 'crazy'?

Apparently, he was inside the government for a while, and became aware that technology was being used to enslave humanity. That when the plug was pulled, we were going to go extinct because we had been backed into a corner of dependance on technology etc.

Apparently, this is what caused him to blow people up with mail-bombs
At least, this is what we're told, and this is why Kazinsky is now considered a nut. Nobody ever got to hear the message he was trying to spread with his books etc.

In any case: Yes. When the plug is pulled, 'we' are doomed. People are done for. We are in utter denial about this, of course... but that's to be expected.

The average person has no clue how to survive without electricity. This is a good thing to those who wish to control us. Or whipe us out.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
good perspective here .....but most likely not gonna happen..

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i hope you are right, primarily as i dont want the species to be wiped out (or at least mostly, some will survive always) however i also agree that we need a fresh start, something to set us right. we were doing fine until the population boom of the middle ages which is where the trouble started.

the scenario that i put forward is a worst case scenario, however i think that if any such event happened there will be consequences very similar to what i said.

in any case, we wont be totally extinct. some will learn to survive again and we will start afresh. so when i look at it it seems like a good thing in a way, im not counting the many deaths that will occur as 'good' rather the entire situation.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zionide
good perspective here .....but most likely not gonna happen..

Most likely not going to happen?

It most likely will. The fact that we as a civilization have kept our technology and elecricity-powered lives going for so long is a testament. All it takes is a few natural disasters to change all of that.

I'm afraid this 'probably won't happen' attitude that we all cling to is just outright denial. We are relying on systems that could completely fail if electromagnetic bursts hit the planet (as they do).

Even worse, scientists are admitting that the ElectroMagnetic field of the earth IS flipping... this is something that has been thrown in with the 2012 theory and people say it's not going to happen. But it is.

They're observing the magnetic poles changing as we speak. When they flip, everything that relies on technology WILL be broken. The north and south magnetic poles are what keep every electric device in the world oriented. Scary thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well said, though personally, i doubt that any of it is directly associated with "2012".
at least i hope not, i wouldnt mind finishing school first -_-

in the near future yes, honestly i think it is only a matter of time before this happens. we have reached our peak, both metaphorically and actually (peak oil for example). we need some really innovative creation that uses no fossil fuels to power entire cities before we rule out this, even then some crazy magnetic phenomena could just wipe every electronic thing out in an instant anyway.

in the end, we just doomed. our fate has been sealed, it is just a matter of time before we all figure it out. personally im surprised we lasted this long. however since everything is electronic these days, the chances of something like this, be it magnetic on origin, destroying our societies is vastly increased.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think(hope) that it will be like mad max. once the crippling blow is dealt and the world civilizations collapse it will be survival of the fittest. or... survival of the biggest gay motorcycle gang.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

i can see this happen in australia, maybe in other western countries with the same climatic conditions, however would such behaviour be the same in lets say northern Europe. there is less open space between civilisation there for biker gangs to operate. such "gangs" are just a steriotype though, as there would be no fuel to power the bikes, or if the appoclipse is electro-magnetic in nature, there wont be any bikes in the first place. however, there will be bandit gangs dotted about. perhapse these will scavenge off the cities and towns for a while. for a few years maybe yes, but after that they will either be forced out of the cities as they become less and less habitable due to diesease or infestation by animals for instance. the structures will become less intact also, causeing large scale death drap zones. so they will take ot the open country, as the mad max gangs did, exept they will prey on those lucky enough to be able to be self sufficient.

they too, being the bandits will have to attemt at least to settle in some way or another. its the only way they will survive at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
bumpin the thread.

some minor editing done to this article.

gonna post some more of similar subject soon, as soon as i can find time to do so.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
I think(hope) that it will be like mad max. once the crippling blow is dealt and the world civilizations collapse it will be survival of the fittest. or... survival of the biggest gay motorcycle gang.

Dream on
It might be somthing like that in the beginning. Like for 5 years. But when the food and petrol storages run out you will be put to a new test. A new bread of people will run you over. The real smart once

top topics

join