It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. can attack Russia in 2012-2015 - Russian military analyst

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

U.S. can attack Russia in 2012-2015 - Russian military analyst

www.interfax.ru

MOSCOW. Feb 23 (Interfax-AVN) - After 2012-2015, the U.S. will be able to annihilate Russian strategic nuclear forces by a non-nuclear preemptive strike, said Konstantin Sivkov, the first vice president of the Russian Academy of Geopolitical Problems.

"I declare that the likelihood of a military threat is great as never before now," Sivkov told Interfax on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Western military experts have recently started to talk about the possibility of attacking Russia and annexing its territory, Sivkov said. "Russia is supposed to be dismembered into three parts, with the Western part going to the European Union, the central part and Siberia to the U.S., and the eastern to China. This is a rough scenario," he said.

I think this guy is wrong. I am pretty sure USAF could get air supremacy and USN could destroy the RN at a massive cost but it would be really tough for the US army to gain control. What about the Russian top line missile systems?

www.interfax.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Perhaps this is why Russia feels anxious now to escalate tensions and eventually lead everyone to war.

The US is doing it's part to provoke everyone. Don't get me wrong.

But maybe Russia feels like they have to do something NOW - take some land NOW - take control of some weapons systems, take out some US forces NOW - in order to basically give themselves a buffer zone; buy themselves some time and put off the seemingly inevitable failure of their military forces. Give themselves some time to rebuild and rearm after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Could we see a war in between now and 2015 either started by Russia or provoked by Russia? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maybe this Kosovo situation will lead to that? It's as good a time as ever. The US attacking Iran isn't a good enough reason for them, even though they have interests in the area. Kosovo is a far better excuse. Maybe they'll bring the political pressure down on Serbia to fight for it's land, provoking NATO, then Russia comes to the rescue.

All speculation at this point.

I don't understand the annexation though. Why would we give land to China?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Western observers have recently been saying the same thing, essentially.
That a window of opportunity is closing after which Russia and China will be unable to resist US diktats.

Moreover it is pretty clear that the US and some elements within the EU have been pursuing a policy of encircling Russia and eroding it's regional influence.

The flareup in Kosovo is only the start of what I see as an attempt to ignite a new Cold War, in order to keep politically connected contractors' profits high, and regain waning political power domestically.

[edit on 2/25/08 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I didn't think of what a new arms race would do for arms contractors. Thank you for pointing that out.

So I guess the alternative to my original doomsday scenario is the US and EU encircling Russia, like you said, provoking Russia to begin a massive arms buildup, which will then allow the US to increase it's military budget, at the taxpayers expense, lining the pockets of the filthy rich defense corporations.

Then again, a long war with Russia would mean massive production of military equipment, plus a national emergency declaration, martial law, detention camps, suspension of the Constitution, take over of the economy, take over of the Internet, and depopulation (assuming this is a goal - all signs say yes).

Either way, it's bad and it's, unfortunately, all too real.

Kosovo seems perfect for Russia though.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Russia is Inbred and fallen,
Skinheads and Old Wemon,
Prostitutes and heroin dealers,
Bad cops and nuke happy wanco'.

If there was a GOD, We would make him live there..
Those who live inside its boarders, are terrorists!!!
for alowing this to hapen.
They should die swiftly, to save lives..
"Put on the glasses" you'll see they're death..
We give them money, but are they grateful? No, they're spiteful, and
they're hateful.

Randy Newman - Political Science

[Note:] Aint I' a stinker?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SKULL AND BONES

I'm not sure inbreds, skinheads, God, heroin dealers, homosexual prostitutes or YouTube videos that are no longer available have anything to do with Russia's armed forces capabilities dwindling towards a strategic disadvantage in 2012.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
United States is not going to invaded Russia. Maybe surround them with EU. member. But won't invaded them.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That article is right on target. The US leadership under the old people that were there during the cold war think they never really beaten Russia. Now Russia is out of their reach and again building up... this is not good for the west.

The only thing that stop NATO from turning them to the stone age is their nuclear arsenal... which is now countered by the missile shield. Yes in early stages, but in 2015, it will have hundreds of interceptors, much more than needed to stop the second strike capability of the Russian after a first strike by NATO on Russia.

Also China in all this would sure like Russian territory and ressources.

John Titor was talking about that, a first strike by the russians against the EU, China and the US....JT is coming more real everyday. If the generals really believe this analysis, well it could happen.

The US would not really invade them... more like send them to the stone age then invade the population with the help of an European Army and the Chinese Army.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

click the youtube link then.. jesus..
--------------------------------------------

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There is no chance that the US will invade Russia. And there is even less of a chance (I guess that means a negative chance) of being friendly with China to destroy Russia.

Though the Kosovo and Serbia problem can definitely escalate. One world war started in that region, who knows if another one will.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think this has more to do with how the american establishment is pushing so hard for a generation of STARWARS ABM systems, which would essentially ensure that America could nuke Russia willy-nilly while they shot down the russian nukes from the relative safety of europe.

I hate the idea that they asked the U.K to put one of those things here, i hate it a lot.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Western military experts have recently started to talk about the possibility of attacking Russia and annexing its territory, Sivkov said. "Russia is supposed to be dismembered into three parts, with the Western part going to the European Union, the central part and Siberia to the U.S., and the eastern to China. This is a rough scenario," he said.

What experts mentioned?

I love it when something like this happens. An excuse to get Russians pumped up by saying Americans tend to get their territory. The only territory we got from Russia was back in the 19th when Russia sold us Alaska.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I just watched a good movie bout serbian war criminals.

" The Hunting Party " it was called.. Was US and UN really that lax about capturing war criminals that they knew were in certain towns an viliages in serbia?

And if they were, would that have any meaning in todays supposid situation now?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Did you get in trouble at daycare today? Your generalizations are ridiculous. If you want to tell everyone about the problems you've got with old women, at least learn to spell the word. The same things you accuse Russia of, can be said about, well, just about any major U.S. city.

Skinheads? Nope, the U.S. has never had any of those...
Old Women? The U.S. would NEVER tolerate these...
Prostitutes? No sex for money in the good ol' US either.
Heroin dealers? Never.
Bad cops? In the US, bad cops are just a myth, just look here at ATS. Every bad cop thread has been thoroughly debunked.
Nuke happy wanco? What's a wanco? Anyway, nobody in the US administration has ever been even remotely interested in imposing their will militarily...

Rash generalization and childish name calling seem to be a recurring theme throughout your posts. Maybe next time you could actually put some rational thought into your contributions to this website.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The only territory we got from Russia was back in the 19th when Russia sold us Alaska.

...and thank them very much for that

Amazing what passes as news these days. It took the Russians no time at all to covet that 15 minutes of fame. Say something outrageous about the West and get into the Government Controlled news report.

I hope he is right and they are that weak. I don't speak Russian and I hate Vodka. Give me some Kentucky Bourbon any day. Although a little Vodka in a morning Bloody Mary is not bad.

Putin is having his cronies really lay it on deep lately. I'm looking for my chest waders just in case. If this is the old Russiaspeak, he meant to say we now think we can destroy the US so lets bait them into doing something stupid to impress the neighbors; oh, about 2012 or so.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You have got to be kidding, right?

I can't come up with a clever second line.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Amazing what passes as news these days. It took the Russians no time at all to covet that 15 minutes of fame. Say something outrageous about the West and get into the Government Controlled news report.

I hope he is right and they are that weak. I don't speak Russian and I hate Vodka. Give me some Kentucky Bourbon any day. Although a little Vodka in a morning Bloody Mary is not bad.

Putin is having his cronies really lay it on deep lately. I'm looking for my chest waders just in case. If this is the old Russiaspeak, he meant to say we now think we can destroy the US so lets bait them into doing something stupid to impress the neighbors; oh, about 2012 or so.

I think you have a narrow view of the things.
Russia is not the one surounding the US , it's the other way around.
Tharshing the geneva convension, starting an ilegal war in iraq based on fiction, helping kosovo declare independence iligaly and then suporting kosovo's independence that is ilegal by international law., placing interceptor misslels near russia's back yard.
In this conditions you have to wonder who the good guy is, and who is intimidating who.I think this time it's the other way around.I just don't trust the pupet living in the white house.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Too narrow to equate Iraq with this article on US and Russian relations. Russia could care less about Iraq. Putin is pushing to return to the old ways in such an overt manner that a blind person could see it.

Why are you opposed to a people wanting freedom? Why are you for those who do not want them to have freedom? That mess that has been unraveling there was caused by the old Russia in the first place. I believe Russia's cronies are still at the root of the problems there stirring the fire to keep it hot.

Bush is almost over. There will be a new President for everyone to hate shortly. Don't worry. The new President will give just as much opportunity to provide the needed hatred of authority. They all do. Putin however, will probably be around working to restore the bad old days for some time.

I trust and know a few of the Russian People. They have good hearts and sharp minds. We have many Russia visitors in Alaska and they are well thought of. Its Russia's leaders I don't trust and doubt anyone with any sense trusts them either.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Its Russia's leaders I don't trust and doubt anyone with any sense trusts them either.

Anyone who who trusts "leaders" in general ought to have their head checked anyway IMHO.

But I am not buying the "Putin is the new enemy" stuff, and I'm certainly not buying this "New Cold War" BS...

Putin's an authoritarian for sure, then again look where Russia was when he took over, and look where it is now. Did he suppress the oligarchs? Sure, and more power to him, if he had simply shot them I wouldn't cry a single tear - looting a country is bad, mmmmkay?

Has he been rough on dissidents - yep. Then again if the West wasn't trying to foment a new "Orange revolution", there would have been no need. But apparently it's our noblesse oblige to stick our noses into the internal affairs of other countries...

Has he been "disobedient" to US diktats - sure.
Good for him, the US is in no way entitled to dictate to the rest of the planet.

Has he been resisting US/NATO efforts to encircle Russia with hostile regimes and NATO bases? Sure - again I can't blame him.

Anything that thwarts our leaders' attempt to build an empire is fine with me.
I don't want this country to rule the world, power means nothing to me.

I want to live in a Republic that adheres to the principles on which it was founded.
Not a lame "empire in denial" trying to take over the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join