It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the nasty rumors stop??????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It is not the rumors I am worried about, it's the facts. In the past few election cycles the "powers that be," have introduced candidates and placed facts in your face that should make us reject the candidates. Instead these rigged polls show them "popular," but people go along. Presumably that set of little "facts," can resurface at any time this candidate then office holder snags the puppet strings, namely "acts in the public interest." The sorry state of politics shows the weak candidates running the show on behalf of their wealthy supporters not matter how idiotic their ideas of running a country happen to be.

If a rumor sticks even if false, I can guarantee from experience, that candidate or office holder was acting in the public interest. Maybe the insult is getting rid of MTBE, mercury pollution, or something else by which industrial finance showers the least penny from its clutches while making a healthy planet.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by John Nada
"many, many Vietnam vets" where did you get this from Seekerof? I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything, but so far I can only find one and there isn't much info on him...

I got off the internet...where else John Nada. Your fingers work? You are aware that the internet is a vast space of information? Try harder maybe?
Do I need to back up everything I say or post John Nada? I mean, I do pretty much all the time anyhow. "Many, many" stands for exactly what I meant....
Whats the point of hinging on two words anyhow? You aren't one of those that hangs on words are you? You know, like the two words "immenent threat" when Bush, in fact, never said it? Is it that you don't agree with what I said? If not, prove otherwise. Till you do, "many, many" stands and can only be denied, just as its currently being done.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Seekerof]

That was very nasty in tone after I asked you an honest question, I guess I hit a nerve there.

I don't have to try harder, I KNOW you can't back any of it up because I went through about 10 pages on Google and didn't find anything.

What's this about me hinging on two words? Very touchy aren't we? Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that you told Colonel that Kerry's Vietnam service was under scrutiny, and that "many, many" veterans were saying he got out early. For such serious allegations, and with the tone suggesting you were trying to make Colonel look stupid, you'd think you'd be able to back that up wouldn't you?

All I found was that one site. Every other site that mentions it are discussion groups that lead straight back to that one site. Any other site that even remotely has "Veterans against John Kerry" are just angry at the hypocrosy he showed by using his Vietnam tour against Bush, yet also joined Jane Fonda's Camp afterwards.

The original site only has one veteran that makes such claims, and information about that man is scarce...
You're right Seekerof, you do normally back things up and the fact that you didn't here show's that you had no real confidence in it and you are beginning to clutch at straws.

I'm am surprised that you of all people has bought into such propoganda crap without investigating it first...

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
And who was it that lied under oath about sex in the oral office, I wonder??? Hummmm, could it be satan!?! No it was a democrat!

Although you're right many Presidents haven't been able to keep their pants on. When it comes down to it, one lied about getting a blowjob (in my eyes big deal???), and another lied that cost thousands of people their lives. Which do you prefer?

I completely understand your reasoning but I think it's such a silly thing to compare as it ain't the same thing at all.

I don't support the Democrats by the way, they're all the same in my eyes.

I agree with you completely. I was just making a point that democrats do actually lie from time to time...just as republicans...just as you....and just as I.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
And who was it that lied under oath about sex in the oral office, I wonder??? Hummmm, could it be satan!?! No it was a democrat!

On this, I have to comment. Bill Clinton's daliance with Monica Lewinski was the least of his crimes/sins. The only reason that situation made waves and made it to impeachment was because he lied under oath and that was prosecutable.

If you want to know how deeply intwined Clinton really is with the 'Octopus,' read "Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA." Terry Reid, Air Force Vietnam vet and former covert operative (who worked for Bush the first) gives his true account of what actually went down between Bush and Clinton, Iran-Contra and Mena, Arkansas. I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to understand the depth of criminal wrong-doing at the highest levels. You will never view 'democrats' and 'republicans' in the same light again. It shatters this whole argument, pointing to the simple fact that there are powerful men who are hopelessly ruled by greed and the desire for power. Clinton was a whore for power and exposure. So, he worked for Bush the first to get what he wanted. It could be argued that Clinton committed treason. So forget about Monica Lewinski! It's only meant to divert people from looking in the right direction. I also have to say, if Clinton was traitor, then so too was Bush the first.

It's so f-ing sad.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

That was very nasty in tone after I asked you an honest question, I guess I hit a nerve there.

I don't have to try harder, I KNOW you can't back any of it up because I went through about 10 pages on Google and didn't find anything.

What's this about me hinging on two words? Very touchy aren't we? Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that you told Colonel that Kerry's Vietnam service was under scrutiny, and that "many, many" veterans were saying he got out early. For such serious allegations, and with the tone suggesting you were trying to make Colonel look stupid, you'd think you'd be able to back that up wouldn't you?

All I found was that one site. Every other site that mentions it are discussion groups that lead straight back to that one site. Any other site that even remotely has "Veterans against John Kerry" are just angry at the hypocrosy he showed by using his Vietnam tour against Bush, yet also joined Jane Fonda's Camp afterwards.

The original site only has one veteran that makes such claims, and information about that man is scarce...
You're right Seekerof, you do normally back things up and the fact that you didn't here show's that you had no real confidence in it and you are beginning to clutch at straws.

I'm am surprised that you of all people has bought into such propoganda crap without investigating it first...

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by John Nada]

What did I say? They will say anything, exxagerate, and lie to prove their point. That's how repugnants are. Just watch them in action.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

What did I say? They will say anything, exxagerate, and lie to prove their point. That's how repugnants are. Just watch them in action.

Both democrats and republicans lie. You make it sound like only republicans lie. You are still making generalizations about a group of people which is wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza

Originally posted by Colonel

Both democrats and republicans lie. You make it sound like only republicans lie. You are still making generalizations about a group of people which is wrong.

ilovepizza--Let it go or you are going to give yourself an ulser. Some people are just stuck in their ideas and don't hear anything that they don't agree with. You made some valid points, but don't keep pushing against a thick wall.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join