It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the nasty rumors stop??????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of there always being nasty rumors about presidential candidates. I think slander campaigns should be illegal. It is repulsive the way candidates campaign.

Colonel no i am not a repugnant so do not even think about calling me one. I am not saying going to say anything about the bush awol rumor because it is a rumor. I am not going to judge a person by rumors i hear about them. I do not like Bush, but it is not because of some of the nasty rumors going around about him.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ILP I cant agree more.

Rumors SUCK.

And should stop.

The candidates themself start all this stuff.

And then it gets picked up and put on all news paper.

I am not talking of only Bush.

There are rumors about most candidates that are just #ty rumors.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
In France, we know that Chirac is a robber, a liar and a con, but it's not rumors, it's truth...

There is also a rumor that say that he # with the defense ministry Michelle ALLIOT-MARIE and the environnement policy ministry Roselyne BACHELOT...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It's rare to find a decent politician nowadays. They are a complete waste of space. Do we really need the buggers ?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
There is also a rumor that say that he # with the defense ministry Michelle ALLIOT-MARIE and the environnement policy ministry Roselyne BACHELOT...

Well that's refreshing.
Normally, politicians just # the electorate.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All professional politicians are LIARS, WHORES, AND THIEVES!! And that's no rumor.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
All professional politicians are LIARS, WHORES, AND THIEVES!! And that's no rumor.

They all throw mud and scream at one another like children on the playground because they have nothing better to say. I have been in this game 29 years and I have yet to see a president that I like or even respect. Republicans, democrats...they are all the same pile of garbage with their own selfish agendas.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well i think the past few comments are correct, they are all really sad power hungry tyrants.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Colonel no i am not a repugnant so do not even think about calling me one. I am not saying going to say anything about the bush awol rumor because it is a rumor.

Its not a rumor.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Colonel no i am not a repugnant so do not even think about calling me one. I am not saying going to say anything about the bush awol rumor because it is a rumor.

Its not a rumor.

If you have the undeniable proof of it, I would advise you to go to the media.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Colonel how can you say it is not a rumor?????? Do you have actual evidence to support your claim?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There has already been an officer who has SAID trhat he doesn't remember ever seeing Bush.

Bush left no traces in his tour of duty
Years of searching for Guard cohorts produces no results

Montgomery, Ala. -- Inside the Alabama Air National Guard, the search is on for someone, anyone, who recalls encountering 1st Lt. George W. Bush in 1972.

At Fort George C. Wallace, the Montgomery headquarters of the Alabama National Guard, officials have responded to growing scrutiny of President Bush's military record by searching through old records for proof of his service in the 187th Tactical Reconnaissance Group. Old comrades from the 187th have been calling and e-mailing one another, always with the same basic question: Did you see him?

But so far, it appears their efforts have come to naught. Indeed, in interviews this week with the New York Times, 16 retired officers, pilots and senior enlisted men who served with the 187th in 1972 all said that they simply could not recall seeing Bush at Dannelly Air National Guard Base, the compound adjacent to Montgomery's airport that is home to the 187th.

Those interviewed either held key supervisory positions at the base or were members of the fraternity of pilots and navigators who often congregated in a lounge on the second floor of Dannelly's main hangar. They worked in different units of the 187th, including the maintenance squadron, the supply squadron, the headquarters staff, flight safety and the flight operations center.

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/02/13/MNGUQ509PN1.DTL

Proof enough?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So you believe it simply on someone's word whose personal agenda you are unknowledgable about? To each their own.

Now I am not saying that he did or didn't. I was not there to see it so I could never know for sure. It could be a conspiracy one way or the other. I just think that is queer that you would believe the first thing you hear that goes along with what you want to believe...that being that he is a "repugnant" and all.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well this is mainly down to the press and you can't win either way here. The press are given freedom of speech to hunt down any story they want, which is what everyone wants and it's great. Unfortunately, because of the competition between news sources they completely take advantage of this right to print anything they want so they sell more, completely neglecting moral judgement.

There's no way in hell though that we'd want to restrict the press, that would be even worse, so what can you do? Let the rumours roll on...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
The press are given freedom of speech to hunt down any story they want, which is what everyone wants and it's great.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not true. Remember the blackout of media coverage that the government imposed on the corpses of US soldiers returning from Iran? Makes you wonder about the stories that aren't leaked through.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So you believe it simply on someone's word whose personal agenda you are unknowledgable about? To each their own.

Now I am not saying that he did or didn't. I was not there to see it so I could never know for sure. It could be a conspiracy one way or the other. I just think that is queer that you would believe the first thing you hear that goes along with what you want to believe...that being that he is a "repugnant" and all.

If it looks walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck...its probably a duck. Bush went AWOL and he has no proof to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by John Nada
The press are given freedom of speech to hunt down any story they want, which is what everyone wants and it's great.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not true. Remember the blackout of media coverage that the government imposed on the corpses of US soldiers returning from Iran? Makes you wonder about the stories that aren't leaked through.

Don't worry you haven't burst my bubble, I couldn't agree with you more. There's the rights that the press DO have to print any story, then there's the rights their editors and owners give them who are friends with the government, but that's a whole other story...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Colonel no one knows if Bush went awol. There is nothing wrong with thinking he is guilty of going awol but you can not just say he 100% went awol when you have no proof. You are innocent until proven guilty. Bush has not been proven guilty.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Colonel no one knows if Bush went awol. There is nothing wrong with thinking he is guilty of going awol but you can not just say he 100% went awol when you have no proof. You are innocent until proven guilty. Bush has not been proven guilty.

This is completely simplistic. You're not gonna get a piece fo paper saying " G.W. Bush went AWOL" b/c his father was a Congressman and then became Director of the CIA at the time. Its not gonna happen. But, no one remembers him there and he can't offer any proof he was there.

So, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not being there does not mean AWOL. It means he wasn't there.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Gov. George W. Bush got a transfer while in the Texas Air National Guard to work on a U.S. Senate campaign for six months in Alabama and later left the Guard early to attend Harvard Business School, according to his records.

Traveling on his campaign plane to Ohio Tuesday, Bush said he had fulfilled his Guard duties at irregular intervals. He defended his overall record.

''I served my full obligation with the Texas National Guard. That's why I was honorably discharged,'' Bush said.

His early discharge was not uncommon for pilots or other crewmen who were to leave soon and had been trained on now-obsolete jets, as was Bush's case, said Albert Lloyd Jr., who was personnel director for the Texas Air National Guard from 1969 to 1995 and who reviewed Bush's military records at the request of his campaign.

Bush, the Republican presidential contender, served as a pilot in the Texas Air National Guard from May 1968 to October 1973, primarily flying the F-102 Delta Dagger, an aging fighter-interceptor, based at Ellington Air Force Base near Houston.

In May 1972, Bush asked for and received permission to continue his duties in Alabama while he worked as political director on the Senate campaign of Winton M. Blount, a friend of his father.

It was not the first time Bush had left the Guard for political duties. In November 1968, right after basic training, he worked as a low-level aide for Edward Gurney in his campaign for a Senate seat from Florida, according to a pair of recent biographies of Bush.

Lloyd said the Guard often granted the pilots and crews of obsolete jets the chance to leave active duty early.

''He was not singled out and given privileged treatment because there were other pilots that were treated the same way,'' Lloyd said.

Is this simply NOT possible? I think it could be, but then again I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join