It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing visual snow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Okay can some one explain if I need to be concerned? In the past year I have developed Blue field entoptic phenomenon along with seeing visual snow 24/7. I also see big drarkly shaded blobs of energy all the time. These balls are human size and go straight through the walls at times. And at other times just stay in one spot. I have noticed when I have lucid nighmares I wake up to find these dark shaded blobs on top of me & I get coverd in goose bumps because of how cold these things are. At this point I here a high frequency in both ears. Can anyone explain if this is a spiritual encounter or do I need some medication to dope me out.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Weather you "need" medication to dope you out is up to you.
A doctor will most likely tell you to try out some medications or try to condition your mind into not seeing these things.
If it is causing you a serious problem, and its not something you think you could learn from, then dope yourself out.
But, it sounds like you just want some confirmation that you are not insane, and I can tell you if you decide to dope yourself out and listen to other peoples definitions of sanity, it may not stop the situation from happening, and then you would have to figure out how much of what you think or see is delusion due to the drugs or the original situation?

About nightmares, its kind of like a bad trip, but if you dont have any conception of evil or good and see the beauty in the yin and yang of both, then things like "demons" and "angels" or squares and triangles tearing you apart or destroying all of physical reality, is just as beautiful as eating ice cream, having a baby, or meditating in the forest and being killed in a forest fire.
ok im done, im ranting and i think a lot of people probably think i need medication by now so...

Im just saying, the nightmares are a great learning opportunity. what makes them nightmares? what am I afraid of? why? and why is that? and why is that?

[edit on 25-2-2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan267

You really should see an MD to get checked for a physical cause, blood chemistry or brain tumor and such.

Once your physical is OK. You will feel better about yourself.

If you are sane, no visual field phenomenon will make you crazy.
And if you are crazy, no amount of drugs will make you sane.

The big self check is to determine if others who know you well, believe you are rational. If the answer is yes, then it is either a unique opportunity, or just a visual glitch. Leave the visual stuff out of the determination of your rationality.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I checked out that blue field thing on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

It can be caused by Diabetes. That's nothing to ignore!

You get yourself to an MD ASAP.

Also people can seem absolutely bonkers with untreated diabetes, and have it clear up instantly with the blood sugar levels regulated.

I knew a guy like that in college, totally messed up, and vulgar beyone belief until he got a blood test and started taking insulin. Then he was the nicest guy you could know.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan267

Well, Nathan 267...I've 'suffered' from visual snow since I can remember (since about three...I think?) and can tell you that drugs will solve nothing for you unless the visual snow is a side-effect of a possible clot/issue in your brain. I highly doubt that a doctor would allow something of that nature to occur. I have run across several people online and in the 'real world' that have experienced late onset of visual snow, and can tell you from experience it's pretty common, though completely baffles the ole' medical experts.

Recently, I finally made it to a Neuro-Opthamologist, at the SLU Medical Center in Missouri. Dr. Sophia Chung and other docs in her field are the few people that take an interest in visual snow, as well as take time with people like us, to explain exactly what you don't want to hear: there is no known medical cause for visual snow. Most Neurologists will throw the words "constant migraine aura" or some other sentence at you that makes no sense. Honestly, if it were migraine aura, migraine drugs would help, wouldn't they?

Either way, some people have had minimal success using anti-epileptic drugs such as lamictal, and other non-narcotic drugs like baclofen or tramadol. But it's a barely noticeable difference and hardly good for your liver, or your sanity to try to drown out something that can be dealt with without the use of drugs.

Maybe we constantly hallucinate as some people have speculated, but according to MRI's, CT's and every other test they could come up with, these doctors found no other abnormalities with my physical OR electrical being. The biggest comfort you can find is in the knowledge that you aren't alone. MANY people have experienced late onset of this, and you are the one's that make people like me look less and less crazy all the time. Crazy does not just happen in this day and age without several signs throughout adolescence or the appearance of syphillis or some other brain matter eating disease. Having had this my entire life, and being surrounded by docs that just thought I was making stuff up for attention made me keep my lips sealed for a long time. Luckily, things change, and the medical community is taking more interest all the time.

We are normal people who see abnormal things. There is nothing wrong with us. The things that we see can't be touched and it can't be proven--yet. Isn't that a loose definition of paranormal? Since the docs don't seem to have much to offer, me personally, I take solace in places where instead of being doubted, people throw out suggestions and really try to help. For me, research, experience, and hope are the best drugs.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingStatic

I developed this exact same visual symptom (along with numerous others) as of May 2009. I woke up from ACL reconstructive surgery - general anesthetic - and my world had change drastically.
The sky was now a constant mess of zig-zaggin squiggles and spots and blips.
I can't look at a textured pattern without it waving or bouncing all static-like.
In any large classroom, the typical whitewashed walls superimpose heads and other objects in severe afterimages and anything or anybody that moves across them induces tracers or ghosting.
And ofcourse, lights or anything white produces rays that react to how open or closed my eyes are, which is rather annoying.
Visual snow comes with alot of irritating baggage

# me...
And through my online research, I've linked it all the way back to one time E use in 2008.
Somewhat delayed - my 2008 to May 2009 was perfectly normal.

edit on 24-9-2010 by makinho21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join