It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Deaths of 9 Skiers Still Unresolved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Found an interesting story.

www.sptimes.ru...

Nine experienced cross-country skiers hurriedly left their tent on a Urals slope in the middle of the night, casting aside skis, food and their warm coats.

Clad in their sleepwear, the young people dashed headlong down a snowy slope toward a thick forest, where they stood no chance of surviving bitter temperatures of around minus 30 degrees Celsius.

Baffled investigators said the group died as a result of “a compelling unknown force” — and then abruptly closed the case and filed it as top secret.

Even more bizarre:

It took two months to locate the remaining skiers. Their bodies were found buried under four meters of snow in a forest ravine, 75 meters away from the pine tree. The four — Nicolas Thibeaux-Brignollel, 24, Ludmila Dubinina, 21, Alexander Zolotaryov, 37, and Alexander Kolevatov, 25 — appeared to have suffered traumatic deaths. Thibeaux-Brignollel’s skull had been crushed, and Dubunina and Zolotarev had numerous broken ribs. Dubinina also had no tongue.

The bodies, however, showed no external wounds.

What do you think, aliens or military?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Talk about a cold case!

Sounds like a military cover-up, but the radiation is rather an odd note.

Interesting story, Snap, thanks for bringing to our attention.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is an extremely interesting case

Sounds like it was hushed up really quickly, which would indicate that there is something unusual about it

Hopefully some more information is revealed in the future

Flagged this

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Creepy! That is really bizarre, especially the bit about a missing tongue, that's harder to pin a fall or something on than the other kinds of injuries. I definitely want to hear more about this one, flagged.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While a fall might explain the injuries to a degree, the missing tongue is usually a sign that an animal may have been responsible for at least that, if not the injuries themselves. And it would have had to have been an animal big enough that it would have scared the living s**t out of all of them to have tried running away dressed as they were. But what would contaminate the area with radiation? Could be aliens or something from another dimension that we just can't fathom.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
the link seems to be dead, is there another source ? Thanks !

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Weird, that link was working just yesterday! I'm not the OP but this story caught my eye. I found a few more links

Mysterious Deaths of Skiers

Wiki Article

Dyatlov Pass Mystery

Michelle

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Thank you very much for posting the links !!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the additional links. There is a lot more information than what was in the newspaper article.

Wally Conley:
While a fall might explain the injuries to a degree, the missing tongue is usually a sign that an animal may have been responsible for at least that, if not the injuries themselves. And it would have had to have been an animal big enough that it would have scared the living s**t out of all of them to have tried running away dressed as they were.

But would an animal eat only the tongue without leaving any other marks on the person? Especially an animal large enough to scare these people like this? I would imagine the lips and cheeks would show signs of being eaten. The eyes are also a popular target.
There was no mention of any other signs in the investigation reports and one of the police officers said that they had absolutely no idea what could have caused these deaths. He said he believes the UFO theory himself.

If it was a large animal like a bear then I imagine a group of nine people would stand their ground (using ski poles maybe?) instead of facing certain death in the -30 degree weather. Faced with those odds a bear would probably run away. I have never heard of a bear attacking a group of people, it is always one or two people on their own. Again, there would be claw and tooth marks that would have been easy to identify.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It'd just be interesting to find out what could induce so much panic in people to cause them to just abandon the campsite and run away as far as they could. These weren't random people that decided to go skiing in the mountains, they were experienced and familiar with what they were doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A fractured skull and two with flailed chests (multiple broken ribs, common in auto accidents) suggest some kind of massive concussion. The tan and radiation readings further suggest it was probably nuclear in nature. The blast so overwhelming the dazed skiers wandered helter skelter away without shoes or parkas. What a way to go.
The no tongued one is anomolous. Whatever happened was quick and brutal.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

join