It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Creationists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Where did you all go? I havent heard a so much as a peep from those guys. does anyone know were they are or what they are up to? have they finally given up? i miss debating them... please let me know!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The Creationists are most likely posting there rather long tale over on the Origins & Creationism forum .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We're not gone, my friend. Some of us just get tired of re-hashing the same old arguments. There are some people who are open-minded and like to learn and then there are some that already have opinions formed. I wish both types the best of luck.
You know the Bible says to have an answer to everyone who ASKS, not to everyone who's bored and feels like passing the time in Christian bashing as a sport.
Rest assured. We're still here. At least until "they" start rounding us up.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We were taken to heaven.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OK...

what i meant mostly is why havent i heard anything in the news? no new developments or arguments?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
OK...

what i meant mostly is why havent i heard anything in the news? no new developments or arguments?

Because they haven't got any? They're still stuck several hundred years BC.

If you want news, those on the side of reason and good-education won out in the recent Florida school board palaver. Some anti-science floridians thought they were being clever by asking for 'the scientific theory of' to be placed before the word 'evolution' in the new science standards (which now mandates the teaching of evolution, yay).

However, no-one on the reason side was bothered, indeed it was a good idea. It now allows science teachers to discuss what is the nature of scientific theory, and to also show what is not a scientific theory (as we all know creationists have an issue with the differences between theory in common language and scientific theory, heh). Although, it still depends on the teacher to do a good job of teaching science, which is not always the case when theology gets in the way.

Other than that, the liars for jesus are still doing their thang (e.g. John West and even he of the divine banana - Ray comfort, being dishonest in the service of their creat-or).

[edit on 26-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

Sorry for the misunderstanding. You said you "missed debating them." Do you get the opportunity to debate a lot of people "in the news"? That's a debate I'd like to listen in on.

Melatonin, I'd love to stay and chat about all the lies I've told for Jesus this week but I have to go upgrade my dinosaur for a newer model and then I'm off to find out exactly what is a "creat-or". Maybe one of those "reasonable" or educated people can tell me?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Melatonin, I'd love to stay and chat about all the lies I've told for Jesus this week but I have to go upgrade my dinosaur for a newer model and then I'm off to find out exactly what is a "creat-or". Maybe one of those "reasonable" or educated people can tell me?

Heh, the creat-or is a play on Ray Comfort 'painting paint-or' thing he does.

As for liars for jesus, I don't know if you are. Are you dishonest in that you take the words of people out of context and twist them out of all recognition, then use them to score rhetorical points (i.e., quote-mine)? Do you continually spread incorrect assertions and quote-mines, even when it has clearly been pointed out that this is misleading and dishonest?

If so, I'll get you a L4J badge in the post.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Thanks for clearing that up about the creat-or. Saved me a google search. Of course, now I'm going to have to look up the meaning of "rhetorical points". Does that L4J come with a decoder ring and fan club membership?

Just messing wit cha, Melatonin. I do have a question, though. I just saw a 46 page thread that's been going on for 4 years about supernatural abilities in humans that not one atheist has challenged or asked for proof in all that time. Why are Christians singled out for that special attention? Honestly, why the bile?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up about the creat-or. Saved me a google search. Of course, now I'm going to have to look up the meaning of "rhetorical points". Does that L4J come with a decoder ring and fan club membership?

Just messing wit cha, Melatonin. I do have a question, though. I just saw a 46 page thread that's been going on for 4 years about supernatural abilities in humans that not one atheist has challenged or asked for proof in all that time. Why are Christians singled out for that special attention? Honestly, why the bile?

What really? Sperevoman; the destroyer of dreams AWAY! lol. correct me if im wrong but us "reasonable" folks get our proverbial panties in a wad when ignorance tries its hand as science. I couldnt care less what people discuss on their own time, but when it is forced on school children that i have a problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I just saw a 46 page thread that's been going on for 4 years about supernatural abilities in humans that not one atheist has challenged or asked for proof in all that time. Why are Christians singled out for that special attention? Honestly, why the bile?

Well, I can't answer the bile thing, because I only spit it on rare occasions - but I plead guilty to the rare crime. As for why I'm not over there, like most people, I'm interested in certain topics. I can only spread myself so far as my spare time is finite. It's the same reason why I don't discuss aliens, new world orders etc etc.

Plus, people talking about supernatural abilities aren't attacking the integrity of science education and science itself. When organised groups of ideologically motivated people want to force ESP 'theories' into biology classes, they might attract my attention.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman

What really? Sperevoman; the destroyer of dreams AWAY! lol. correct me if im wrong but us "reasonable" folks get our proverbial panties in a wad when ignorance tries its hand as science. I couldnt care less what people discuss on their own time, but when it is forced on school children that i have a problem.

Hi, There is a difference between debate, and arguing. Do you know it?
Science as it is now defined, is more like witchcraft. All knowledge is being restrained. and filtered by the elite codray; which are reorganizing the world into their private paradise. The slave "race" is being kept as dumbed down as possible. By drugs and public education. Evolution is one of their best delusions.
Keep up with some news here: www.evolutionnews.org...
No, it's not a strict creationist site. It is a site run by scientist that don't agree with radical Darwinism.

new topics

top topics

join