It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Photo from Vermont

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Coast has a couple pics of an unidentified flying object shot in Vermont in January.
What do you think? The object doesn't seem to be very clear. But you can kinda tell that it was shot on a whim and not set up.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To me it looks like a very carefully composed photograph. Pros take photos like this, but nobody else.

The typical amateur photographer will place the object of interest in the center of the frame.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sorry, forgot the a link.

Coast 2 Coast

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
it looks fake to me... the ground and everything are sucha good quality while the "ufo" is blurry... granted, it could be moving, but i dunno. i say fake.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Not very good pics, but I don't doubt their authenticity. There was a large tree on the left so I'm sure she didn't want the tree in the frame. Heck, she may have not even had time to shoot properly or perhaps she was too jittery from being a witness to the event.

Fat lot of good these pictures will do in any case.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Looks interesting, and if you read the explanation she/he states that she/he grabed a disposable camera quickly and tock two shoots then the craft was gone. Maybe it was moving and/or spinning a little since it looks blury? Plus to my understanding disposable cameras don't do to good of a job on far off objects.
Well, all I can say is it could be real, or fake....

www.nawa.org...
www.homecomingadoptions.com...
www.tda.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Nice pic, but unfortunately a pic like this can just put on top of the other countless ufo pictures.
Today we need pictures of a very CONVINCING nature to
be taken seriously by anyone. Pictures like these just dont cut it anymore and never really have for some time.
Although the more convincing a photo appears to be, the less convincing it turns out to be. As the saying goes
"Its too good to be true".

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That is a cool pic, but for the size of the object it doesn't have much detail to it. It just looks like a smudge on the photo when compared to the detail of the rest of the pic.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Even if the photo is a genuine anomaly it doesn't have much value unless it can contribute to a larger data pattern and corroborate other sightings. But there's always the possibility that it will, so I guess we should encourage people to submit whatever they have as long as they are sincere about it. There's something about the UFO subject that brings out the worst in people though, attention-seeking jokers, people who feel their belief system is under attack, Dudley Do-Right characters who suspect the subject is part of a Bolshevik plot to undermine our society, etc. *Sigh*

The person who took these photos should make an effort to supply more information. Which of the two photos were taken first? Is the object moving left to right or vice versa? We need to know the exact location and what direction the object traveled. The photographer should submit a full report to www.ufocenter.com

If they don't supply all the information then you have to assume the sighting wasn't that impressive or unusual.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Daylight photos of UFO are usually silver, and night time bright white. Blurring of the UFO as compared to the background is a sign that I think strenghtns the case of it being real as these ship radiate ultraviolet light that when photographed causes a blurred image. This photo should be silver and it doesnt pass my test.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
To me, this does not look like it was shot on a whim, yet carefully set up and composed. I mean, as far as composition goes, that could have been a photograph someone would take for a photography class in college or something. I am not sure about the UFO either, way too blurry to be able to tell. There is nothing in the photo that lends itself to the fact that that object is a flying saucer or even a UFO.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Also, on the web page, are the photos supposed to be different photos ? That is, taken at different times? It looks like it because the angle seems to be different. But, the so called UFO seems to be in the same spot in the sky. So either we have a stationary black object in the sky which is very blurry or it was intentioanlly blurred using photoshop methods. I dont know I still say fake.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
also i would consider the basic story too, collecting a young child from kindergarten!! ok possible if she lives like grizzly adams in the wilderness, i woulda thought living with kids and having to travel to school she woulda lived in a more urban area,, i dunno,its possible ,

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This doesn't feel right...and the story doesn't seem to add up.. The first pic through the windshield? Well, pretty damned clear windshield... Then the second after getting out of the car? Only a slightly different angle, and the object is in the same place?

Nope, not buying it...seems like she took some pics of the scenery, then upon developing noticed the insect zipping by on the pics, and came up with the UFO story...(especially as there are little other observational details to go on....)

Still, even if it was genuine...like some said....simply file it with the rest of the grainy, blurry UFO pics....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Judging by the shadows of the treeline alone, the sun should be shining direclty on the object, the blur could be normal, i opened the picture in photoshop and the pixels dont differ from the rest of the photo, there doesnt seem to be any tampering, and ive been using photoshop for 10 years, but i'm no expert when it comes to examining photos for authenticity.
So, assuming that the object is completely black, I'll choose to believe this is real.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
will I am not buying it sorry

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
haha, i changed my mind, i followed the link after i posted. Im thinking that if they did take the first picture(or second, whichever) from inside their car through the windshield, why would they pull over on the left side of the road?
If i had been driving down that road, i would have pulled off to the right side(the one i would be driving on). The story seems a lil fishy.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

BlueCollar: haha, i changed my mind, i followed the link after i posted. Im thinking that if they did take the first picture(or second, whichever) from inside their car through the windshield, why would they pull over on the left side of the road?

If you saw a UFO would you carefull park your car, gently take out the keys and slowly and cautiously open the door, close it gently and peer into the sky?? If it looks legit I would stop the car in the middle of the road, hop out and quickly try and get a better view. Also, NOBODY seems to have mentioned this yet: Can anyone see a round white ball on the far top right hand side of that photo posted in the first post?? Could it be an extre-terrestrial associated ball of light which is commonly seen hovering around newly formed crop circles??

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrahydro
i woulda thought living with kids and having to travel to school she woulda lived in a more urban area,, i dunno,its possible ,

erm.... Sorry??

Thats it! This for any CAnadian or Alaskan kids/Washington State etc! You no longer need to go to school!! Great, eh! IN fact, you dont have to do anything anymore, your areas are too remote, just stay at home and watch TV.

If any of you actually want an education then you must move to a more urban area, sorry but dems da rules!

Apologies for my sarcasm Tetrahydro but hopefully you will see why it was deserved.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
could it be an extre-terrestrial associated ball of light which is commonly seen hovering around newly formed crop circles??

Nah. But it could be and is a planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join