It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

www.dailymail.co.uk

Motorists will be targeted by a new generation of road cameras which work out how many people are in a car by measuring the amount of bodily fluid it contains.

The latest snooping device on the nation's roads aims to penalise lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes, and is part of a Government effort to combat congestion at busy times.

The cameras work by sending an infrared beam through the windscreen of vehicles which detects the unique make-up of blood and water content in human..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It appears as if an incredible ammount of money is being spent on trying to catch drivers who exploit the law regarding car sharing lanes.

With all this technology and all the resources used on targeting the general public, it is little wonder why alleged terrorists are still on the loose.
Of course the UK is the CCTV capital of the world so it really should surprise anyone.

In my opinion this is not about catching drivers that exploit the law but is more about control of the masses via technology such as in Owell's 1984. What is the real purpose of these 'blood' detection cameras?

NB:I hope this is in the right forum and hasn't already been posted.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Waste of money to bust people using maniqins to drive in the HOV lane. Just more control for a lame excuse. I dont know about you but I dont enjoy being xray camera Id for sucha petty crime.

whats next GPS track chips for shoplifters.

Or x ray cameras for j walking.

Oh I know Sniper towers to shoot drivers who dont wear there seatbelt.

Oh i know we need 500,000 Drone cameras to patrol the skies to stop litterbugs.

there dangerous to earth and must be stopped.

This is so lame ther enot even trying anymore. Such lame excuses LMAO

[edit on 24-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How can the camera differentiate between one morbidly obese cheater in the car-share lane and two anorexics going about their lawful business?

Or a couple of midgets?

What a silly waste of resources, almost as silly as the talking cameras.

How long before these cameras begin going up in flames?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Personally, I don't buy it. Sounds like some media got caught in an urban legend. Like when they used to say that police carried devices that detected illegal cable connections. It's technologically unsound. As was mentioned above, how can the camera assume how many people are in the car, based on boody fluid? Moreover, how can it even detect body fluid? What's the logic behind such a device? Does not sound realistic at all to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think the first comment of this article sums it up nicely:

Government and Councils need to be investing their efforts into public transport rather than wasting money on policing us yet more. I would happily use the buses or trains to get to work if there was an adequate service.

Buses that run 3 times a day, overcrowded trains, expensive taxis, trams that always seem to turn down the wrong street, and that's just in Melbourne.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cams

IMO, if this technology is being deployed, it is not for catching HOV lane violators. I think the OP said it best so far, and the question is:

What is the real purpose of these 'blood' detection cameras?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In my personal opinion
checking for how many passengers by blood content
is only a cover-up for it's real use.

to check blood levels of drivers for DWI
they'll check you for driving while intoxicated
else blood levels would not be needed just to
determine how many people are in a car.
There is a subversive nature to this camera which
will be revealed at a later date. Wait and see, we're
not hearing the whole story right now.