It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic People...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm sure this could be done by placing glue on everything, but it still seems rather strange that these people can apparently attrack metal.... Put anything magnetic on them and bam it sticks... What say you on this subject?

Magnet Family

All debunkers welcome...

Forgot to mention they attrack Glass too!

[edit on 24-2-2008 by HruthTurts]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They're not magnetic, they have their own gravity. o_O

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Saw something similar on Ripley's Believe It Or Not over 5 years ago now probably. They could do the same thing, and also run their hand over top of a radio to change the stations.

I think I heard a logical explaination at one point, but I can't remember what it was. My best guess is that they come from an area where the water is high in metals and minerals... although you'd think that would register as magnetic.

Really if metal isn't sticking to them due to magnetism, what other law of physics would lead metal objects to attract to a person? There must be glue on the objects, it's the only other way.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I suppose sometimes the Laws of Physics just have to break down, right?

In actuality, there's probably something at work here that Science hasn't recognized yet. Pretty cool stuff man.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HruthTurts

Well you know the mind can do any number of weird and freaky stuff.
Makes me wonder sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
I suppose sometimes the Laws of Physics just have to break down, right?

In actuality, there's probably something at work here that Science hasn't recognized yet. Pretty cool stuff man.

No. they don't just have to break down. It's like saying effortlessly you can levitate.

In actuality, you probably know abosolutely nothing about what science hasn't recognised yet. The reason is not that you aren't intelligent, but that you don't know that something HASN'T been discovered. Did you know, there's probably a colour no one has EVER seen.

HOW WOULD SOMEBODY KNOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT??

On topic - The family are most likely freaks or frauds.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinnj

It's like saying effortlessly you can levitate.

It's called free fall.

Happens alot in space I hear.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Pretty simple really the human mind can affect all kinds of things within the radius of the aura. humans seem to have a natural ability to manipulate energy mentally and i believe thats why so many other races see humans as a threat to keep contained

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They should have made the dad and son jump up and down to see if the stuff fell off!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If you swallow a magnet and put one way up in your nose than things tend to stick to your stomach and head. It's an old trick. I'm not saying I don't believe in atrackting things with your aura because I do but I'm just saying it doesn't have to be like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
Pretty simple really the human mind can affect all kinds of things within the radius of the aura. humans seem to have a natural ability to manipulate energy mentally and i believe thats why so many other races see humans as a threat to keep contained

No. Humans can't. The "aura" does not exist. We do NOT have a natural ability to manipulate energy using our minds, and aliens (if they exist, to which there is no evidence) would know this. Unless they're a bunch of new-age aliens spending all their money on "Detect your aura!" books and CDs.

No-one's claimed James Randi's $1m prize for being able to detect auras, so either the entire new-age aura-detecting folks are selfishly not taking the test to get the money (and give it to charity), or they're frauds.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
If you swallow a magnet and put one way up in your nose than things tend to stick to your stomach and head. It's an old trick. I'm not saying I don't believe in atrackting things with your aura because I do but I'm just saying it doesn't have to be like that.

Certainly worth looking into. its good to rule out logical explanations before turning to the less understood spiritual explanations

Originally posted by dave420
No. Humans can't. The "aura" does not exist. We do NOT have a natural ability to manipulate energy using our minds, and aliens (if they exist, to which there is no evidence) would know this. Unless they're a bunch of new-age aliens spending all their money on "Detect your aura!" books and CDs.

No-one's claimed James Randi's $1m prize for being able to detect auras, so either the entire new-age aura-detecting folks are selfishly not taking the test to get the money (and give it to charity), or they're frauds.

Poor dave, your either ignorant or your here to try to keep US ignorant. nobody has collected James Randi's reward because its a trap to capture foolish psychics and the only ones you hear about are the ones that turned out to be frauds. i shudder to think what happens to the real psychics. is it easier to believe something doesn't exist than admit you dont understand it? ego is mankind's biggest enemy you know

[edit on 27-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

Proof. Where's the proof of the aura and psychics in general? Randi's prize is famous, and it would be easy for any legitimate psychic to claim the money. But they don't, as ALL psychics seem to be frauds, whether they know it or not. Some are delusional, some are doing it on purpose.

You can keep kicking and screaming about that, but it's the truth. Until psychic abilities are proven, it's at best a hypothesis.

Banging on about "auras" and aliens when neither are proven to exist shows a massive ignorance about how scientific progress is made, and a complete lack of respect for the scientific method (which has got you that computer you're looking at, and pretty much everything else around you).

I thought we were adults here, but apparently some of us are engaging in massive flights of fantasy that are more at home in the mind of an 8-year-old.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey all.

I got a bad feeling about this.... this has happened b4 and then this guy was born .

Beware of these metal manipulator sorts .

-O

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
just get a magnetic transplant. or make yourself a magnet glove and you'll be the next magneto.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinnj

I refer you to the underlined definitions ohh grouchy one.

lev·i·tate /ˈlɛvɪˌteɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lev-i-teyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -tat·ed, -tat·ing.
–verb (used without object)
1. to rise or float in the air, esp. as a result of a supernatural power that overcomes gravity.
–verb (used with object)
2. to cause to rise or float in the air.
[Origin: 1665–75; levit(y) + -ate1, modeled on gravitate]

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
lev·i·tate (lěv'ĭ-tāt') Pronunciation Key
intr. & tr.v. lev·i·tat·ed, lev·i·tat·ing, lev·i·tates
To rise or cause to rise into the air and float in apparent defiance of gravity.

[From Latin levis, light (on the model of gravitate); see levity.]

lev'i·ta'tion n., lev'i·ta'tion·al adj., lev'i·ta'tor n.
levitate
1673, "to rise by virtue of lightness," from L. levitas "lightness," patterned in Eng. on gravitate. Sense of "raise (a person) into the air" is mainly from spiritualism (1870s).

levitate

verb
1. cause to rise in the air and float, as if in defiance of gravity; "The magician levitated the woman"
2. be suspended in the air, as if in defiance of gravity; "The guru claimed that he could levitate"

Source:Levitate @ dictionary.com

So who needs to calm down?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by HuntaXX

Proof. Where's the proof of the aura and psychics in general? Randi's prize is famous, and it would be easy for any legitimate psychic to claim the money. But they don't, as ALL psychics seem to be frauds, whether they know it or not. Some are delusional, some are doing it on purpose.

You can keep kicking and screaming about that, but it's the truth. Until psychic abilities are proven, it's at best a hypothesis.

Banging on about "auras" and aliens when neither are proven to exist shows a massive ignorance about how scientific progress is made, and a complete lack of respect for the scientific method (which has got you that computer you're looking at, and pretty much everything else around you).

I thought we were adults here, but apparently some of us are engaging in massive flights of fantasy that are more at home in the mind of an 8-year-old.

The government wouldn't spend billions of dollars researching delusional people. and asking for physical proof of something entirely unphysical AND something being kept covered up because knowledge is power is pointless

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Static electricity?
unstable electrons?
over exposed to electric frequencies from their house?
"hey look im magic i can raise my hairs when i stand close to the TV when i turn it off"
not too special

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Really if metal isn't sticking to them due to magnetism, what other law of physics would lead metal objects to attract to a person? There must be glue on the objects, it's the only other way.

No, it is not glue or something. If it can't be explained, doesn't mean the family is cheating. It just the scientists don't know yet, they don;t know everything right?

I have seen several different videos about this before. There was one brought to scientists and doctors, but they could not give any answer. On one video the magneto grandfather was teaching his grandson attracting metal, and it seems the kid was picking up.

They don't just attract metal, but glasses too.
So this is not magneto actually, they are STICKOs.

They don't really attracting metal, if they are they will have problem cleaning their feet from iron dust.
. They just could stick metal and glasses on their bodies. The sweat?

new topics

top topics

join