It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my sense of Deja-vu is returning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
all i see on PTS now is
Xpert asking Questions mostly
with me being most active and nyk
and a few other regulare members coming and going

is this Deja-vu again?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well I should point out that so far the powers that be have kept there word this time around. The election has been re started rather then started a fresh maybe this and the time that has elapsed accounts for the lack of interest .

Maybe a Q&A podcast with the candidates would generate member interest . I suggest a format where the candidates agree on a list of questions that I could ask and they could each take turns in giving an answer. If you and/or Nyk like this idea then send me a U2U.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

i dont blame chissler and budski as they are doing their best
but in general its kind of empty

only 3 canidates that are active

and not that much from members

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Fair enough I don't have any other ideas that could breath life into this place.
If you like my podcast idea make sure you let me know.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

i already made one pod cast and dont really want to make another knowing only a select few will listen or respond,

last year it started like this

first no response for 24 hours then that went to 3 days and so on untill it was gone completly

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just to set your minds at rest, there have been quite a few declarations.

The debates and platforms are ongoing, and there are plans in place to reach a wider audience.

Anything that you have concerns or questions about, you can always u2u me and I'll do my best to get it sorted.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
bodrul, I understand where your level of skepticism is coming from.. but you really need to give us a chance. I realize that the debates were not authored yesterday, but looking at the time stamp of your opening post.. you didn't give us much of a chance.

We are working, you will see progress, and the debates will be up and running this week.

The choice is yours, but I'd suggest trying to have some fun here.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

as i said before i can see you and Bud doing your best here
and thats something.

i am just disapointed at the members of ATS and their lack of intrest.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"This is like deja vu all over again."
-- Yogi Berra

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I'm sorry I really don't get this abovepolitics campaign stuff.

Don't you think perhaps the candidates should have a "real" party first. The members should join and support one particular party, then you run for the nomination of the party, then the general election.

If you're elected, then what? What's in it for the voters? Will the voters get to change abovetopsecret or the US?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Don't you think perhaps the candidates should have a "real" party first. The members should join and support one particular party, then you run for the nomination of the party, then the general election.

That isnt a bad idea but I think the idea is to focus more on the issues rather then pure partisanship .

If you're elected, then what? What's in it for the voters? Will the voters get to change abovetopsecret or the US?

The winner of the election gets a forum devoted to 08 US election. Only the winner will be able to post new threads in the forum in question. Voters get a say on who wins the prize.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
That isnt a bad idea but I think the idea is to focus more on the issues rather then pure partisanship.

I understand that perfectly (believe you me I do) but a candidate still needs a party support.

I'll give you this real example.
In Indonesia, people vote directly, one man (or woman) one vote. They really directly pick the president without using delegates or much partisanship, since Indonesia has a lot of parties. The one with most votes win, this as far as I know.

But the candidate has a party, it has policies, and when campaign season begin, the party member campaign along with the candidate - rallying the people. The candidate doesn't just do it alone.

The current president actually won because his character (at least how he portrays himself) and issues, not because of his party (his party is brand new). Yet he has a party, he has supporters.

The winner of the election gets a forum devoted to 08 US election. Only the winner will be able to post new threads in the forum in question. Voters get a say on who wins the prize.

Care to elaborate more on this, an example perhaps? Let's just assume you're the president, what will you post in the forum and what's in it for me?

The what's in it part is very important, if you want to generate interests.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Jazzyguy your best course of action would be to U2U Chissler or budski. I don't represent the people who run the show. Well the president would have a good amount of direction of the quality of AP topics and dicussion. This is very important when you consider that quiet often on AP I take refuge in a couple of quality threads and threads by authors I respect.

top topics

join