It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 09:52 AM
link   
These guys are looking weirds. But I think that they want ONLY your money.

Link

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is the price of Freedom of Religion. No religion is excluded. Can you imagine next to the Star of David, or Cross a big old goat head or upside down pentagram?

That is the problem we face today, If we allow one religion to display their scenes or hang up there crosses or whatever it is they use in the public eye, we have to allow them all.

I know someone may come on and say, well just the good religions not the evil ones. Who defines what is good and what is an evil religion, who gets to make that decision?

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transcend28

That is the problem we face today, If we allow one religion to display their scenes or hang up there crosses or whatever it is they use in the public eye, we have to allow them all.

Please explain why this concept is a "problem".

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The problem is this continuous battle between religions.
Some people may be offended by the Star of David, others by the Cross..simply due to the fact they don't believe in what it stands for.

I saw in the news a place up in New York in which the Nativity scene was not allowed to be displayed in public and yet at the same time many Jewish symbols were abound. The argument was made that if the Jewish are allowed to display their belief, then so should we (Catholics)...(I'll try to find a link for this article)(Also if anyone has an article or story similar to this please share with the rest of us.)

So we have some people who want religion out of sight, some other people that want to show their belief wherever they want, and people who have no problem whether or not it is in the public eye or not (that would be me, as long as it in not in the form of a goat head or upside down pentagram, oh yes and not on my front lawn, or knocking at my door)

So it seems the solution that we have come up with is since you can't live in the presence of God peacefully, you'll have to live with the absence of God.

and it is a shame, for we look so much at the cover of religion, instead of the basic message to love and help one another that religion teaches us. (unless of course you follow the steps of the Devil himself.)

Do you believe in God Winston Smith?

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 12:52 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Here is the link I mentioned in my post.

Wilson

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Transcend28

So it seems the solution that we have come up with is since you can't live in the presence of God peacefully, you'll have to live with the absence of God.

Are your beliefs so fragile that you may encounter doubt if you're unable to be visually reminded from time to time?

I was of the understanding that the Christian God did not desire you to be concerned over the public display of your beliefs.

Why is the public portrayal of elements of your beliefs important to you?

Does this enhance your faith or improve your worship?

Do you feel less Christian when you are unable to see nativity scenes during this time of year?

What is the intended purpose of needing to see the public display of nativity scenes and other devices of Christianity?

My beliefs are, so far, unimportant for this discussion.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As I stated in my post I am neither for nor against the public display of religious themes.

" people who have no problem whether or not it is in the public eye or not (that would be me, as long as it in not in the form of a goat head or upside down pentagram, oh yes and not on my front lawn, or knocking at my door) "

The middle road as some say. I personally have no need to display my beliefs to the world. Based on my stance on this subject I believe I have already answered your questions.

I can't speak for others of course, and hope others will be able to address the questions you have posed.

Wilson

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Transcend28, may be that it's stupid, but in my little closed mind, Satan is the Big Bad Guy, and God is the Big Good Guy.

Bue we have choice. We can chose who we want to worship.

I chose God.

kim

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 05:15 AM
link   
anyone ever think that the whole idea of god/satan are the things inside us? most ppl need to feel that they are on "the good side" so that they feel safe. religion is one of the biggest conflicts creating war which is stupid. why should i kill you for worshipping satan or god? geez, were all the same species- why cant we just accept that were all different in our ideas?

"I know someone may come on and say, well just the good religions not the evil ones. Who defines what is good and what is an evil religion, who gets to make that decision?" QUOTE
transcend

this is why most christians do my head in- going around thinking theyre all great and that anyone else is doomed to suffer. they completely contradict themselves- but not all of them are like that. ive decided to stay on the safe side and just not label myself. its best to just have ideas so you dont turn into a sheep all following the exact same thing and keeping closed to new ideas.

kim

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:28 AM
link   
referring to the first statement though, they charge you so that you have to really be sure that you want to be a REAL satanist and not just some stupid,angst ridden kid who wants to kill the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kim

1) why should i kill you for worshipping satan or god? geez, were all the same species- why cant we just accept that were all different in our ideas?

2) its best to just have ideas so you dont turn into a sheep all following the exact same thing and keeping closed to new ideas.

1) Kim, where did I write that I want to kill peoples if they don't worship God of if they are worshiping Satan ???????????????

Anyway, I'll not have to do it. If you think that Satan love his followers, you do a terrible mistake. Satan hate everybody, even those who are on his side.

2) I'm not a sheep, and what do you mean by " new ideas " ?

kim

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:50 AM
link   
hey UP i was just being general,"you" being to basically anyone. peace, youre not a sheep.
doh, ill remember to be more clear next time

kim

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:53 AM
link   
about the new ideas.

someone may go along believing something until something else really bad, weird or even lifechanging happens so you start to question what you really believe. i was brought up as christian. ive awakened to a whole new range of ideas that i never knew before. learn,learn,learn! the more we know, the easier it is to find out who we really are

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thanks to be nice with your Belgian friend.

top topics

join