It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My child reads my mind...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Gently remind her not to invade peoples thoughts when their energy field is not open to them doing it. She will do fine in the near future when all of the false masks are lifted and people can then be completely honest. It is natural just like breathing, does she have a large head and blond hair?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
does she have a large head and blond hair?

Sorry that made me snicker. Blond hair does not run in our genes, but yes she has a large head you could say.. and big eyes. Why?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well she will be very brilliant, yet sensitive. Can you get her into say for instance a Montessori school? It is very important that she be allowed to be artistic and musical as well to help her develop all of her intellectual levels. Oh and is she Left Handed?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by antar]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you want to help her.. a really good way to do that without drawing special attention to her gifts is meditation. There is nothing wrong with starting meditation at a young age. as a matter of fact it will help her develop more control over what she does with her gifts without even focusing on it.

Originally posted by antar
Gently remind her not to invade peoples thoughts when their energy field is not open to them doing it.

btw.. please dont tell her not INVADE other peoples thoughts.. the term invade is negative and violent and is another one of those things that could make her fear her gifts. the thing about children is they are innocent. She does not do it consciously with intent.. so it is not a great cause for concern. People with her gifts usually also have a great understanding of what is right and she will naturally watch herself to make sure she does not use her abilities in a way that would violate other people privacy on her own when she is older.

It is a real find gentle line to tread nurturing without drawing attention to it.. but it can be done. good luck to you.
btw the journal is an excellent idea.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, use what ever words you find natural, yet people become uncomfortable when they think someone is reading their transparency. It does create a problem, just as you would teach her not to walk in on someone in a bathroom stall and stare, so too when the time is appropriate let her know that in this world we have personal boundaries, but you have much time before you have that conversation.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I would say that with a child of this advanced state one or both parents have been chosen and they most certainly meditate. It is not a separate reality in the real worlds just as breathing.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
She is right handed, yet very artistic for her age. I am left handed but i don't remember being very artistic at a young age, However I did end up going to school for design later in life...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
When she starts becoming more self aware and aware of others it become easier to ensure that she will not see this as a negative thing. If you point out things that you do special, that mummy does special, that the sportsmen on tv do special.

She can begin to look at it as her little thing.

One problem with that though is how to let her know it is not something she should openly share with others. "I CAN READ YOUR MIND" is not something she should be yelling to her teachers.

I agree 500% and that is funny "I CAN READ MINDS" LOLOLOLOLOLO. Sorry I'm not making fun of anyone I'm just sauing this person makes a good point.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
when you mentioned your daughter pointing at the picture and it immediatley falling off the wall I was reminded of when I was about 5. I was playing with my toys in my room my mom came in and told me to put on my shoes because we were going to the store then she left the room. My shoes were on a shelf on the other side of the room and quite frankly I didnt want to go get them. I wanted them to come to me. needless to say they scooted off the shelf and fell to the ground all by them selves. Or what I thought was all by them selves. hmmmm

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If she's really gifted, go grab James Randi's $1m prize and put it in a trust for her. Maybe it's me who's telepathic, but I'm quite sure you won't win it...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Perhaps you could help her develop this ability by playing 'guessing' games with her, this would be simple fun to her, without making her more 'self-conscious' about what she might or might not be able to do......( My Grandad used to do this a lot....guess how many coins, peas, marbles, etc that he held in his hand, what number he was thinking of etc......you can see if she is able to 'know' what you do not, or if she's more accurate when 'reading' your thoughts.)

I would not really discourage her, it might prove a very useful ability someday......Let me share a bit from my childhood as an example.

I grew up in the '50's, in a very small, quiet, nice town, very little traffic.... almost no TV, nothing to really put 'weird' ideas into a little kid's head.....but sometimes they were there....?

One lovely spring day, a friend and I were playing 'tea party' or some such (we were 4/5 yrs old) on the curb, in front of my house. ( again, a very quiet residential street, no traffic) My Grandmother who stayed with me during the week, while both my parents worked out of town, was hanging out wash in the back yard....just out of our sight.

A pickup stopped in the street, and a man leaned out of the passenger window, reaching to within a couple of feet of where we sat. He grinned widely and asked me, "Little girl, is your daddy home?" ( An instant feeling of disgust and distrust came over me.....and out of nowhere, and in spite of what I'd been taught about being polite and truthful when speaking to adults, I began to lie like a rug!!)

Even as my little friend began to respond with a truthful, 'no', I jumped to my feet and loudly proclaimed, " Yes he IS home, and I'll go get him right NOW!!".......I grabbed my protesting pal by the shirt, and began to drag him toward the back yard! ( I was almost as surprised by this as he was !!)

I repeated my 'lie' even louder, to drown out my friend's protests, even embellished it with some 'reason' Daddy had stayed home that day.....I knew I had to convince that man that I could produce my father....at least till I could get my Grandmother's attention.

The driver took off with a spurt of gravel, and the truck was bouncing over the railroad crossing down the street, by the time I had reached the back yard and my Grandmother. ( She had heard the commotion and got a good look at the truck, and described it later to my Dad, who of course did NOT know the men or the truck!!)

This instance is one of several that have occurred over the years.....many have been humorous ( like the time I announced that I had to go pick up some fish from the boss), and some I got in trouble for ( the time I told Gram that I knew I was going to fall in a mud-hole with my new coat on!).....

What is it exactly? Precognition, mind reading, a long lost natural 'prehistoric' ability for self preservation, or a guardian angel whispering in my ear?? I can't say for sure....but I'm pretty sure that at least on one occasion it has literally save my neck....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join