It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology? Will it be another great American religious tragedy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Remember Jim Jones and "The Peoples Temple"? Remember "The Moonies"? Remember David Koresh and "The Davidian Branch"? Well I don't know how you all feel, but from what I've been reading Scientology looks like it's right up there with the rest of these Radical religions that wind up isolating and systematically murdering hundreds of ppl. Right now there are isolated cases of suspicious suicides and accidental deaths, but with this compound in Colorado how long will it be before we have another Jone's town? For any of you who don't know what I'm talking about here's a youtube clip. youtube.com... that's part 5 but the rest of it is there if you want to watch. I was a young person when Jones Town happened but I remember the images shown on the news of those ppl laying dead at Rev. Jones feet. Whole families holding each other while they died. I'll never forget! Over 900 ppl died at the hands of that mad man, and almost 300 of those, who died that day, where children. We Americans sat by and watched this with shaking heads, we sympathized with their loss, but we did nothing to stop this from happening again, and it did, it's happened over and over. How many will have to die this time? And what can we do to stop it?

join