It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Hillary's Last Chance at President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Is this Hillary Clinton's final shot at glory? If she does not win her party's nomination and the election for POTUS, will she give up her quest? Will she be content to continue as a Senator instead of the top spot?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I believe Hillary would possibly run for POTUS in 2012 if McCain wins this year against Obama. If Obama wins both the nomination and the presidency she more than likely will remain a Senator, not that being a respected Senator in the state of NY is anything to be ashamed of.

I suppose she could run again in 2016 after an Obama two-term presidency, but I just don't think this will happen for two reasons: One, she will be near 70 years old (yes, I know McCain is 71, but facing sexism and age-ism is just a bit much!
). Two, the presidency seems to go to the other party after each two term reign and I don't see her risking losing again.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good points..the results of the next election will determine her political future. I didn't realize she was so old, either.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm thinkin' that her Presidential ambitions are done. I'm curious as well to see how long she remains Senator from New York. Bein' as she's not r'ally from thar (fake southern accents don't really translate over on the internet).

Though if McCain and Reagan weren't too old, neither would she be. I don't think she should, but age isn't the reason.

top topics

join