It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world...is THIS?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I just found this photograph of something very dead. It doesnt have any caption, except that its found in China..(Got it here)..
Looks like some sort of ape...Very creepy!
If somebody knows what type of animal this was, please let me know! (And post the url)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
alot of people on here are starting to use that site for evidence.

i for one am starting to doubt that site honestly. they have posted pics that are obvious fakes and some that were even made for video games. some of the stuff up there may very well be real. but there is enough trash mixed in to keep me away from that site..

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yer there seems to be alot of rubbish on that site. If it was to be authentic, Giant Gibbons?? Got me researching and came across the Java Man? interesting read and links with the giant gibbons

www.omniology.com...
www.talkorigins.org...

If these remains were discovered in 1996 from my research, then why is there no more information about them or any more findings or tests been carried out..

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is what is known as a "Gaff".

SLPEXE

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
This is what is known as a "Gaff".

SLPEXE

I agree. It looks like a sideshow gaff in the same realm as the Fiji Mermaid.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's junk... unfortunately. Cool that people are looking so hard to find unususal items, though.
See, this is what happens now that Weekly World News has gone out of business....reminds me, gee, I miss Bat Boy...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well I think it's interesting. It may very well be junk, or not, but why discount it as such before more information is provided. Not something I would spend a lot of time researching, but I would file it away in the back of my mind for future reference.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Clearly it is the missing link and will finally lend the THEORY of evolution it's first shred of crediblity. NOT!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As is typical with most products from China, this is most likely junk. All of that aside, it could easily be the skeleton of a known ape.

For example, here is the skeleton of an Articulated Orangutan:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, if these were new finds like that of a new species, I'm sure they'd be investigated and on a more reputable site. I mean, there's a picture of the "crocodile man" on the site for goodness' sake. It looks like taxidermy to me.

Or maybe just the skeleton of a known primate like TheAgentNineteen said.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
These look like a whole load of creatures ran into each other. I just wonder if it could survive with hulking big arms being dragged behind it.
Its a shame but you never know what nature can produce even if they have massive arms nearly the size of there bodies.

Wig

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The reason the site has so much junk on it is because all the photos are user submissions with probably very little editorial control.

The thing does look like a gibbon skeleton, in part, the arms don't appear long enough, and there is only one fibula/tibula. It could be a construction from many bones. But the lack of any real information from official sources sheds doubt over whether there is any mystery at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If this were real how would it stay clear from predators?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't like how the thing is sitting. The bones don't even look clean yet and they're already posing?

For an animal to die like that would have had to be in some sort of pompeii scenario.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by althea041724

I miss bat boy too.
I hope he's alright.

top topics

join