It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cadborosaurus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It sounded silly to me at first that this creature could even be real, however I heard that carcasses of this creature have been found on multiple occasions and photographed.. I decided to check the photos out for myself. This is what I found...

Links to the photos of possible cadbosoraus carcasses:

www.cryptozoology.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.s8int.com...

From Wikipedia..:
"Cadborosaurus willsi", nicknamed "Caddy", is the name given to a sea serpent reported to be living on the Pacific Coast of North America. Its name is derived from Cadboro Bay in Victoria, British Columbia, and the Greek root word "sauros" meaning lizard or reptile. The animal is similar in form and behavior to various popularly named lake monsters such as "Ogopogo" of deep interior lakes of British Columbia and to the Loch Ness Monster of Scotland.

There have been more than 300 claimed sightings during the past 200 years, including San Francisco Bay, California and Deep Cove in Saanich Inlet, British Columbia.

Cadborosaurus willsi is said to resemble a serpent with vertical coils or humps in tandem behind the horse-like head and long neck, with a pair of small elevating front flippers, and a pair of large webbed hind flippers fused to form a large fan-like tail region that provides powerful forward propulsion. It has been proposed that through a process of locomotory body transformation, the long slender body can be doubled up into rigid vertical humps that effectively reduce the contact area of the snakelike body surface with the water and enable the animal to attain speeds of more than 40 km/h at the surface.

There are intersting photos of a carcass within a sperm whale stomach which is supposedly a juvenile cadborosaurus. Called the "Naden Harbor" photos, some claim they are the more solid photos proving that at least something like the cadbosoraus exists.

Tonite I ran across an interesting website here. It includes about a dozen photos of a carcass of an unknown "creature" found by russian soldiers that looks an awful lot like descriptions of cadborosaurus:
www.englishrussia.com...

Excerpt from the above link:
creature was found by Russian soldiers on Sakhalin shoreline. Sakhalin area is situated near to Japan, it’s the most eastern part of Russia, almost 5000 miles to East from Moscow (Russia is huge). People don’t know who is it. According to the bones and teeth - it is not a fish. According to its skeleton - it’s not a crocodile or alligator. It has a skin with hair or fur. It has been said that it was taken by Russian special services for in-depth studies, and we are lucky that people who encountered it first made those photos before it was brought away.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If it was found in the belly of a sperm whale, then isn't that absolute proof of their existance? Or a hoax? There seems to have been too many sightings for this to be a hoax, but I could also say that about Nessie Or Ogo.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
If it was found in the belly of a sperm whale, then isn't that absolute proof of their existance?

No.

Its proof that a decayed carcass was found in the belly of a sperm whale, no more.

Even if one could test/dissect it to find out that it isnt any known animal, it would still not be absolute proof of anything other than an unknown animal.

Plus, the Russian photos and the others are clearly not the same animal: the Russian one has clearly defined skeletal structure, the others are just twisted blobs.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

www.englishrussia.com...

Excerpt from the above link:
creature was found by Russian soldiers on Sakhalin shoreline. Sakhalin area is situated near to Japan, it’s the most eastern part of Russia, almost 5000 miles to East from Moscow (Russia is huge). People don’t know who is it. According to the bones and teeth - it is not a fish. According to its skeleton - it’s not a crocodile or alligator. It has a skin with hair or fur. It has been said that it was taken by Russian special services for in-depth studies, and we are lucky that people who encountered it first made those photos before it was brought away.

-ChriS

I think this skeleton turned out to be a species of whale.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
One of the expanations I've been reading (for the russian carcas) is that it was simply a beluga whale carcass. This is one depiction that clearly shows at least somewhat of a similarity in the teeth structure and skull.

www.theboneman.com...

I forgot to share this in my last post, but I ran across a canadian website that sais that cadborosaurus is recognized by science? See the link below.. It's anything but an official scientific confirmation lol.

www.21stcenturyradio.com...

From what I've been reading on other crypto sites these same two scientists have been trying to get caddy officially classified as a real creature for over 30 years.

source:
gryphonproductions.com...

Some Naden Harbor photos:

I've been researching the most interesting cadborosaurus sites and found that this group has live webcams up at 4 different locations.
members.shaw.ca...
The website also has a wealth of informatin including most of the reported sightings and drawings of those creatures.

This is a photo from 1999 of a supposed cadborosaurus in deep cove B.C. Canada.
members.shaw.ca...

They also pointed out some of the more interesting features of the naden harbor photos, including the flippers and the strange head (or what's left of it).
members.shaw.ca...

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Definitely a Beluga whale my friends! This comes up about every 3 moths or so here.

Sorry, keep digging though....

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sorry for what?
I simply posted what I found. The researchers believe that the naden harbor photos are the more convincing photographs. Researchers recently on coast 2 coast were just talking about this.

On the caddy scan website they include alot of the sightings. Check out these links:

caddy sightings...1999-back
members.shaw.ca...

caddy sightings...2000-present
members.shaw.ca...

They include alot of the reported sightings and include drawings of this creature with the corresponding sighting (made by the witness obviously). Supposedly there were 5 different sightings in 1999 alone. Evidence of caddy or just big waves that look like humps in the water? Some of the sightings are obviously more interesting than others.

One thing that I thought was interesting about the witness drawings of caddy was the similar looking drawings, especially those from 2000 to present. This could be significant as to the true existence of the creature, but it could also be significant as to an explanation as to how all these people saw similar things.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

It's real all right. Had a close encounter myself a few years back on Vancouver Island. Had the sighting written about in the BC Cryptozoological members newsletter. Daylight sighting, about 40 feet away. Lasted about 5 minutes..

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I remember when I first heard the name of that creature on the radio, I thought they said Cadburysaurus. The first thought that came to my mind was something to do with those Creme-Filled Chocolate Eggs. Yeah I know, sounds really loopy, but what can I say?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmmm makes you ponder alot doesn't it? How long would it take to pass through the sperm whale though? But its a good find and just shows us that a creature can look like anything i guess

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I thought I would make this post to prove a simple point.

A massive squid was caught my fishermen off in the waters near antarctica about a year or two ago (a new species dubbed the "collossal squid"). The Giant squid does not grow to sizes that large. Some fishermen in the sea of cortez used to talk about an animal called the kraken. An animal that was fearsome and capable of pulling men off the decks just like in the sea stories of old (believed to be largely exaggerations of actual events).

But on monsterquest recently, they sent down a humboldt squid with a camera attached to it's body. they fed down cable as the squid dove down. What they recorded was really astonishing..

This one shows a little better how they figured out it's length. It is the largest squid of any species ever recorded.:
youtube.com...

This goes to show how little we really know about the world around us, and it lends some truth to some of the stories of seamonsters in and around the sea of cortez. This is a huge squid, likely a species at least similar to the one caught off the antarctic coast by fishermen since giant squid do not get this large.

Also not in the video that the marine biologists cannot discern the species due to the lack of detail. The size itself proves that it is a massive new species we've known nothing about before.

-ChriS

[edit on 29-2-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 29-2-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Its a real shame no one is actually taking a decent fund to go explore in there alot more than for monster quest. I wonder how many of those big squids or more likely 'krakens' are down there...

new topics

top topics

join