It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt goes on for missing 9 year old in the UK(FOUND ALIVE)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Hunt goes on for missing 9 year old in the UK

news.sky.com

The girl was last seen at the gates of West Moor Junior School in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, on Tuesday afternoon after returning from a swimming trip.

On Saturday officers searched a local pond at the back of Dewsbury Hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.product-reviews.net
icwales.icnetwork.co.uk

[edit on 14-3-2008 by asala]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

There is a growing concern now over the missing 9 year old girl Shannon Matthews, who has now been missing 6 days,

Police are becoming very concerned as no route they have gone down so far has any trace of the young girl,

She is thought to be a timid girl and afraid of the dark,

There has been talk that she wanted to go see her father but so far there has been no sign of her appearing,

Her father has made appeals for her to come home,

I decided to post this as hopefully if this little girls name can get out there as much as possible along with photos... Who knows where it may lead.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-2-2008 by asala]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Lets hope she is found, and hope that it doesant end up like the Madeline McCann case.

On the topic of Madeline McCann i heard that the police that are on the case are saying that if some concrete evidence/leads don't emerge soon, there going to call off the on the search for Madeline..

Lets hope there both found..

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is word that they are searching the flat of the mothers EX boyfriend,

Could be just procedure "leaving no stone unturned" but interesting to know if something lead them there or if that was just routine,

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So far still no sign of this young girl.. and as of yet no clues,

A worrying twist may be occouring ..yet the police are trying to play down this untill they know more,

But on the same day that Shannon went missing, another young girl reported that a man tried to get her in a car, he pulled up beside her opened the passanger door, and when she refused to get in he chased her up the road, she got away and alerted police,
Thiis happened in Wakefield.. which is not that far

Police have released an e fit of the man,

NEW LINK

[edit on 26-2-2008 by asala]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Still no sign of this poor little girl, it’s now 3 weeks,

A number of issues have been brought up though on this story as it seems not to be getting that much coverage,

Some says its due to the mother having 6 children, living on benefits ect,

I’m really sad to see this not getting covered, This CHILD is missing, there’s no evidence so far,

The family have pointed to the Step father, but he denies having anything to do with her disappearance,

Half the UKs dog body forces are out there looking for her,

The Sun Newspaper our now doubling there reward to £50.000 to anyone who can help lead them to Shannon Matthews,

news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I certainly hope this little girt is found and soon. I have four children and one is a 9 year old girl. I have a question and don't mean to sound insensitive, but what is so special about this girl? There has to be dozens if not more missing kids at any given time. I could be wrong.

I did a quick internet search and found this site:

www.missingkids.co.uk...

Why don't these kids get the same publicity?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think that most other children tend to go missing for other reasons, Run away, other family members, ect, Though im not sure,

But i guess the main reason is... that if she has come to harm at the hands of some killer then no child is safe out there,

So the sooner they find out what has happened to Shannon the better, or any other child for that matter,

Why some get the public attention and others dont who knows,

Also i guess theres some possible links to this story as 2 other children around the same age not to far from where shannon went missing reported that a man tryed to get them in a car,

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
After 24 days they have just found her Alive!

She was found in the Batley area of Dewsbury,

A 39 year old man has been arrested for possible Abduction,
He is thought to be a relative of the step father,

Police broke into the house and found the girl in the base of a bed, looks like she was possibley hiding,

Lets hope shes ok... But at least she is now home safe and well,

news.sky.com...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by asala]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am so delighted that she has been found alive, ( and hopefully well! ).
Aparently it is very rare for an abducted child to be found alive (in uk) after so long.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank God for that. She is alive and will be reunited with her family. We can only hope that her time missing was not as traumatic as we probably all fear and she and her family can move on with their lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
there seems to be a little bit more to this story. the girl has not been returned to her parents yet and is still in care. she was allowed to see her mother for two minutes but they weren't allowed to touch each other and the papers are speculating that the whole disappearance may have been a hoax.

something isn't right that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes there seems to be an odd twist happening,

Im not sure the mother has anything to do with it, but rather the step fathers family, As it was his uncle that had her,

Very odd indeed though, Even if she ran away, the adult should have handed her back no matter what when the police became heavy,

If there was something not right at home wih shannon then still would have been the best time to shed light on that,

I will be interested to see where this whole thing goes,

But 100% glllas that she appears not to have been harmed,

new topics

top topics

join