It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to authentic Kabbalah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For those who are open minded, are welcome to watch the following link:
www.perceivingreality.com...

It is free for anyone, from anywhere, regardless of gender, age, religion or knowledge.

It measures progress by feeling, not numbers or certain measurements. However, before you can feel, you need to develop a 6th sense of sensing what is outside the 5 senses. If our ear drums were to be removed, the world of sound would never be perceived by us, regardless of how others try and prove it to us.

Nobody can force you to believe simply by repetition or something like that. You either get it, or you don't, and it's all good.

I hope I posted this in the right forum. Again, it has nothing to do with Religion.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by quintar

It is free for anyone, from anywhere, regardless of gender, age, religion or knowledge.

then it's not authentic kabbalah.
authentic kabbalah is restricted to jewish males over a certain age. that's how the "authentic" form has always been

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If you follow the offered links you can find out more... In there, is a compiled description of lineage. Based to it, you can then decide if it is authentic Kabbalah or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Myths About Kabbalah
Kabbalah is commonly associated with red strings, meditation, magic and many other things. This page aims to clear up commonly associated myths about Kabbalah
Myths About Kabbalah
10 Myths About Kabbalah

Myth #1: Kabbalah is a religion.
Fact: Kabbalah is a science - the physics of the overall reality. It is a wisdom that reveals the comprehensive reality that is normally hidden from our senses.

Myth #2: Kabbalah is connected to red strings and holy water.
Fact: There is no connection. Red strings, holy water and other products are a lucrative commercial invention created in the past two decades.

Myth #3: Kabbalah is reserved for a minority of persons and only men over 40 years of age are allowed to learn it.
Fact: During the exile Kabbalah was only studied by a few select individuals. However, since the time of the Ari (the 16th century), it is available to all.

Myth #4: Kabbalah deals with magic.
Fact: Kabbalah does not deal with magic or any other sorcery; rather, it deals with a pragmatic investigation of reality.

Myth #5: Kabbalah is a sect.
Fact: Kabbalah is a wisdom and a science open to every person without any restrictions.

Myth #6: Kabbalah is related to “New Age” and is a trend - a passing phenomenon.
Fact: Kabbalah is humanity’s oldest wisdom. Its beginnings were approximately 5,000 years ago.

Myth #7: Kabbalah is related to tarot cards, astrology and numerology.
Fact: Tarot cards, astrology and numerology are mystical practices which were mistakenly associated with Kabbalah during the past one hundred years.

Myth #8: There are amulets in Kabbalah.
Fact: In our world, there are no physical objects that bear any spiritual contents. Amulets can only help a person as a psychological support.

Myth #9: Kabbalah involves meditation.
Fact: Kabbalah does not involve meditation. Meditation is another element that was connected to the word “Kabbalah” amid its confusion in the last few centuries by non-Kabbalists.

Myth #10: One needs to have studied the Torah and Talmud prior to approaching Kabbalah.
Fact: Without Kabbalah, one cannot understand the spiritual meaning of these texts, and is stuck with thinking that they refer to physical events and actions.

Source

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Translation: Kabbalah is rubbish.

Come on, folks! It's the 21st century! Start acting like it!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Translation: Kabbalah is rubbish.

Come on, folks! It's the 21st century! Start acting like it!

Out of curiosity, can you tell us how we should start acting? What is proper behavior for the 21st century? I suppose it is celebrity worship or something similar.

BTW, I clicked the link and watched the video. He has some interesting things to say. It is funny because I have one of his audiobooks on my ipod. I just randomly grabbed it off of the internet (it is free... not illegal) one day and once in a while one of the tracks come on my playlist. Well, one of them came on just a few hours before reading this post which is kind of odd since I haven't listened to anything from that audiobook in months.

www.kabbalah.info...

Anyways, he is easy to listen to and relays the concepts in a very easy to understand manner. I plan on researching this more. Thanks for the post.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Science has demonstrated it has the answers. It's been that way for hundreds of years, but as this will be the first century to have the internet for its entire duration, you'd hope that people would put away their mystic bullpoop and start thinking logically.

Celebrity worship, by the way, makes as much sense as any other kind of worship. Don't delude yourself they're any different!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Celebrity worship, by the way, makes as much sense as any other kind of worship. Don't delude yourself they're any different!

Even if those two different things may have similarities, that doesn't mean they are the same. By your logic, we could argue that believing in religious dogma's or in scientific publications are by all means same thing. Forgive me if I'm suggesting that this would be your opinion, but let me explain: What scientific research have you done by yourself? None, some, lot? Well, it doesn't matter much, since no matter what, you rely on researches and publications done by other scientists. Then, what would the difference be between two, where other believes what scientists say, and the other believes what priests say? Aren't they both believing someone else than themselves and empirical first hand experience?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

authentic kabbalah is restricted to jewish males over a certain age. that's how the "authentic" form has always been

Restricted to Jews? what a joke........... restricted to my head!!!!!!!!! perhaps..........

Jews copied it from India and you called it authentic to Jews males over certain age?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've been looking for a nonbull Kabbalah overview. Thanks for posting it seems intresting at least.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

May I ask you: what is your opinion of F. Bardon's work?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

May I ask you: what is your opinion of F. Bardon's work?

I wasnt asked, but my answer would be: Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

then it's not authentic kabbalah.

It was - once upon a time.
A very, very long time ago.

Even the most esoteric knowledge ends up seeping through to the outside world sometime.

And, after all, even the most respected writers on the Kabbalah warn that there is an "oral" tradition that is not accessible to just anyone at any given time.

The good news is... after you've progressed through the "lower" (my expression) stages of the Kabbalah - and only then - you will likely be able to access the rest for yourself.

You see, rabbis may know - or think they know - your sex/gender, but God blatantly disregards it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I can see why you are "depressed", Dave...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow, that was quick!

And thank you - your opinion is very much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Although I venture to say I already understand Kabbalah. God knows I have my own ways of percieving reality. Can something like Kabbalah actually be taught?

Out of everything "Taught" in the world today, I find from my perspective teachings don't transfer because the box also has biased and self serving filters. One man's mind can only be as "open" as that man's mind is. Another man might claim to be "open minded" but that "being" of "open minded" is an illusion created within the mind of that second man. It might be that the second man isn't open minded at all, but the second man wishes to percieve himself to be open minded. Can therefore the first truly enlighten and openminded man teach that which the second man wishes to believe he already percieves?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

God knows I have my own ways of percieving reality. Can something like Kabbalah actually be taught?

It can. After all, it's not requiring anything that you don't already have; it's just giving you "directions".

Think of it as a "satellite image" of the greater reality, a road map, a set of signposts to a specific place where you want to go: you will have to do the walking by yourself, but at least you won't be wandering around aimlessly before you find out (or not) that the topography of the country you're walking through is very different from what you thought it was.

And yes: God knows you have your own ways of perceiving reality.

I think it's been all taken into account.

N.B. The "you" used in this post is merely a rhetorical device, of course. It addresses all, everyone, anyone.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
anyone else has any Free no join Kabbalah stuff, be it texted webpages, youTube videos, Podcast/MP3, I'd be glad to check it out!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
anyone else has any Free no join Kabbalah stuff, be it texted webpages, youTube videos, Podcast/MP3, I'd be glad to check it out!

go to www.gnosticradio.org...

Ill let the content speak for itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join