It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Might Be Moving Stars to Communicate With Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, it is a pretty crazy idea. But, the recent findings of people such as Dr. Baker and Dr. Torr/Dr. Li show that it may be just a little more feasible. Add to this Dr. Poher's recent work....it becomes just that much more feasible.

www.universetoday.com...

You've got to love the audacity of this idea. In a recent article at Discover Magazine, virtual reality pioneer Jaron Lanier (you know, the guy with the dreadlocks) proposes that we get working on repositioning nearby stars to form geometric patterns - or at least start looking for places that it's already been done by aliens.

Move stars around into patterns? That's pretty crazy stuff. Sure, but there isn't any physical reason why it isn't possible; it happens all the time when galaxies collide. Of course, a spray of stars hurled into intergalactic space at random is different from a great big peace sign.

In order to actually move a star requires a gravitational tractor, and engineers are already planning this kind of a mission for a threat closer to home: asteroids. By flying a spacecraft near an asteroid, and fighting against the gravity pulling it down, you can actually pull the asteroid off course. Over a long period of time, you can move the asteroid enough in its orbit to prevent it from striking the Earth.

So scale that idea up. Send out a fleet of these spacecraft to tinker with the orbits of Kuiper Belt objects. These objects could rain into the inner Solar System and prod the Sun's motion through the galaxy. Over a long period of time (a really really long period of time), you could impart enough of a velocity change to drive your star anywhere you wanted it to go.

With this technique, and a few million years to time to kill, you could line up stars into a formation that shows an intelligence was behind it. The more stars you put into formation, the better your message will be.

Just thought i would share an idea from the fringe that made it into publication (Discovery magazine).

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes, they can no different then a bigger planet having a pull on a smaller planet that comes into its gravity. That gravity could be an unseen space.

I will star this thread an tag it.

The one with a stronger polarization would affect the others.

Pushing or pulling like an unseen bulldozer or roping certain planets into areas.

Then after the solar system has been 'systematically balanced' you could start intercropping the planet with an atmosphere. And genetically manipulate a body through light to be designed for that enviroment.

Light is a communicator for things to grow. That light would supply the needs for that genetic structure to adapt on a cellular level.

Scientists are now catching it, I told you all that The Ancient Ones are moving our star systems closer together.

Family needs to be amongst family to grow strong. With an increase in light comes an unseen population in our frequency band.

While we are projecting Earth out into a (new time space), others are pulling us in theres.

Back into the 'ETERNAL MIND OF SPACE'.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just a question:

Why exactly would the aliens want to move stars to communicate with us? Last time I checked radio signals traveled at the speed of light so why not send radio signals out into space, they would have a headstart of a few million years (because it takes a long time to move those stars) and would therefore reach us humans, or other beeings, much, much, MUCH faster

Remeber, once they've changed the position of the stars, the light that enables us to see them, still needs to travel a huge distance before we actually see the change.

Personally I don't think it would be possible to move stars, because first you'd need a fleet of spaceships with a mass far greater than that of the star and even if you had all of those spaceships you wouldn't be able to come close engough to the star, because you would burn up.

hope that made sense......it's late..

[edit on 25-2-2008 by redshirt0202]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They just know deep in their (hearts) that we arent buying the

Crop Circles, so this may be their next move.

Do we know what they are "drawing" with stars?

I'll just die if i look outside and see a likeness of Bush or Cheney

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Fairly ineffective tactic IMO.

1) The geometric patterns will only be obvious in two directions... 180 degrees opposed to each other.

2) Stars already form thousands of geometric patterns in the sky.

I recall a another thread about detecting extra-solar civilizations through optical observation that proposed a rather unique method. Can't quite remember what it was.

I'll search.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's an interesting Idea - the article mentioned 16 stars in a formation that nature would never devise. That's a lot more permanent than radio waves (also a lot harder to achieve, but that's the point I suppose).

The new arrangement would be hard to resolve at huge distances, you would be hard pressed to distinguish 16 individual stars. What you would have is a beacon that could be viewed from any angle.

It's not such an odd idea - humans spent enormous effort building pyramids. Scale it up and it seems almost natural for a species to do this. An timeless monument, possibly for a long gone race.

Could be a good start for a novel to rival Arthur C Clarke

Edn

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe they forgot that there such a thing as radio waves?

Interesting idea, but a complete waste of time. By the time we even planned this we will have probably been sending radio signals specifically for aliens to pick up for millions of years already.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

Ineffective, and the technique discussed in the article completely fails to account for momentum conservation. It's just wrong.

You'd have to have enough control over the star that you could get it to shine or expel its atmosphere asymmetrically. Indistinguishable from magic, I'd say.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by disownedsky]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While i cannot argue the validity of what you say, the same can be said for the writer of the article i cited.

We are still arguing over:

1. what a star really is (classical vs. electrical vs. one of the many other theories
2. what causes gravitational effect
3 is gravity a wave (it seems that recent findings give a resounding "YES")
4. does our sun represent the average star

i could really go on, but you get the point.

All our "knowledge" is actually "theory" or "guess".

The article is far fetched, but provokes some interesting thoughts in my mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
While i cannot argue the validity of what you say, the same can be said for the writer of the article i cited.

We are still arguing over:

1. what a star really is (classical vs. electrical vs. one of the many other theories
2. what causes gravitational effect
3 is gravity a wave (it seems that recent findings give a resounding "YES")
4. does our sun represent the average star

1.Carbon based molecule.
2.white light pulling on the masses matter, light pulling the mass over matter.
3.Light pulling away masses inertia.
4.It represents the senior citizens out there.

This is what I got for those.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
starting in January 2009, I began to notice that the stars looked brighter and there was more of them than there usually is. I then started noticing that the brighter stars were moving in a way that I had never seen. It was like they were swimming through the night sky like a jellyfish. Once I saw them moving,I became almost obsessed with watching them. I would lay out and watch them for hours every night. Then I realized that EVERY star is moving! It's just easier to track the brighter ones,but they are all moving the same weird way. I watched continously, trying to find a pattern in the directions they were moving in, but couldn't. I am a big believer in God and try to read some of the bible every day, so when I saw this, it immediately reminded me af Acts 2:19 when God is speaking of the time of judgement and He says"AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE"(New American Standard Bible). Also,the book of Enoch (which isn't in the bible,but should be) could explain what's going on as well. Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather. In Genseis 5:21-24 it says this about Enoch:'21Enoch lived sixty-five years, and became the father of Methuselah. 22Then Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he became the father of Methuselah, and he had other sons and daughters. 23So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.' In his book Enoch says that while he walked with God, he was shown and explained by the angels all the secrets of heaven and sheol (the abyss,hell). I can't go into the whole book of Enoch here, but if you are interested in reading it for yourself you can read it free at www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe. I personally believe that a person needs to read AND UNDERSTAND the book of Enoch before he/she can even begin to grasp how things work and God's plan for us.
We are going to focus on the stars here though. Now according to Enoch, stars come forth to earth through portals in heaven. Each individual star by itself, according to their number and their names, their courses and their positions, and their times and their months. Through each of these small portals pass the stars of heaven and run their course to the west on the path which is shown to them and God has appointed. And he calls on them by their name and they hearken unto Him. Each is weighed in a righteous balance according to their proportions of light. And Enoch asked the angel what this mystery was and the angel told him that the stars are the holy who dwelt upon the earth and believe in the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. It also says that He appoints a judge for each of them so none will hinder. So, basically they have a little bubble that they have to stay in and follow their appointed paths, but they can move all around in that bubble. Now, knowing that stars are the righteous that have been here on earth and worship the Lord day and night, another verse comes to mind that might make sense of things: Revelation 6:9-11 says: 9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow bondsmen and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. Could it be that the stars moving in the sky is a sign that the souls have awakened and are asking when it will be time? Just a few thoughts to ponder on. Sorry it was so long, but it's hard to speak of a complex subject as this one in only 4000 words. I hope at least someone gains some knowlege from this. Thank you for your time.

new topics

top topics

join