It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Neighbour Offended By Nudity ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
We had a knock at the door about an hour ago, it was the woman across the hall with her boyfriend wanting to come in for a visit. We said we were just kickin' back and we weren't dressed, we were camping out in the living room with a mattress, pillows, and lots of blankets, but no clothes.

"That's fine" she says.

"We're naked" I say.

"Doesn't matter" she says.

So they come in and hang out for a bit.
I get the boyfriend a beer, I offer her something to drink or eat, but no, she's fine. But she kept going on about maybe we should put some clothes on.

It's not like she hasn't seen us naked before and I've seen her running around nude as well, even her boyfriend didn't care about the skin showing. I think he was just itching to shuck off the jeans and relax in the buff, but she just seemed so offended.

It's my house, she knew we were naked before she entered, but she wanted us to cover up.
I think she might have insecurities about her man seeing other men naked, but he wasn't the one with the problem. It's not like you don't see this sort of thing on a regular basis at the gym, the pool, beach, or out on the deck in the summer.

Why would nudity be an issue for her on this one occasion ?

Strange......

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Even though they were aware you were naked it seems like basic hospitality to clothe your body before welcoming guests into your home. Call me old fashioned. lol

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey what's the address there? I'm not offended by it in the slightest!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
hey anxiety disorder, I think good on you! Your in your own place, why not.
I think its funny though, that you told them you were skinny lounging, and they still wanted to come in, just for her to get all weird about it after.
One question that comes to mind though.. how many of you, were there?...lol
see ya nuts...hehe

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuts!

One question that comes to mind though.. how many of you, were there?

Just the two of us plus the neighbor and her boyfriend.
We live in a building that women sunbath topless in the summer, and it's not like we haven't seen each other naked before, we're neighbours.

I've certainly spent my share of time on nude beaches, and modesty wasn't really an issue when we were growing up because my parent were hippies.
You had to ask dad to put pants on if you had a friend over after school.:shk:

I think she was worried that the boyfriend liked it too much, but she's not usually that uptight.

And no, nobody can have the address...........

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I personally think she shouldn't have had a problem with you and your girlfriend being naked. Afterall, you did tell her before her and her boyfriend came into your apartment. I think that if had started to bother her, instead of making a fuss about it, she could have excused herself and left your apartmrnt. That would have been the polite and proper thing to do, instead of making a big deal over it.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
First off, SHE wanted to come over... Why would she then insinuate that you should put on clothes in YOUR OWN HOME, when SHE invited herself over?

I'm sorry, but not only is that rude, but in my honest opinion, deserves the uncomfortable feeling of you being nude. HEY!! That rhymed!!!!

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I guess it just shows how boring and insecure I am that I feel really uncomfortable being naked even in my own bedroom, let alone parading around the house and inviting guests in!
Not that I should be embarrassed . . .

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think people just want to look you in the eyes when conversing.

Frankly, Even though I'm pretty open minded about things.
I'd still be a little uncomfortable.
My expectation, even thought I was forewarned, would be that you'd throw on a robe or something.

Like Kinglizard said, "call me oldfashioned"

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The only time I regretted wandering around nude was the one evening I got realllly hungry but the only thing in the appartment to cook was stir-fry

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Again though. The point shouldn't be that he wasn't wearing any clothes. It should be that this neighbor wanted to come over and visit, when she KNEW they were nude. To me anyway, it seems as though she has a secret desire to see someone naked. Whom that might be now, is anyone's guess.

I just think it's funny, because she could have come back later on, when they were done. However, she didn't.

Ahh well, in my humble opinion, feel free to let clothes fly whenever you want, so long as you're at your own house.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hey ad! I'm willing to bet after seeing you guys she felt kinda..well you know..but realizing you don't swing that way made her uncomfortable. Either that or maybe she felt some insecurity about her boyfriend!
Ya knows I luvs ya ad!

It's your house..do what you want. But if she tries it again..I would decline the visit, as it made her so uncomfortable before.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
My expectation, even thought I was forewarned, would be that you'd throw on a robe or something.

Like Kinglizard said, "call me oldfashioned"

Nah, if anything it's more like a "When in Rome" kind of situation, the guests should've stripped down too!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
The only time I regretted wandering around nude was the one evening I got realllly hungry but the only thing in the appartment to cook was stir-fry

LOL Agent_T..Nasty visuals there...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm confused as to how you guys have seen eachother naked before this incident. I live in an apartment building with 5 apartments on the floor. One is filled with 3 young ladies, never seen em naked. One is filled with an elderly couple. Never seen em naked. One is filled on a month by month basis by employees from some company or theater stars, never seen em naked. One is my family, seen em all naked, all too often and the last apartment is filled with a family of three. I have seen the wife naked (not bad either) but that was when her apartment was on fire and she came running to my pad straight from her bath in a panic to call the fire department.

All these people and not only have seen only one of them naked (besides my family), I almost never see my neighbors clothed either.

I need to move to a more open environment.

that said, I think it's odd that they invited themselves over and didn't take the hint when you told them it was naked time. I think it is a bit odd that you let them in and I find it odd that you didn't clothe up after letting them in. I'm not a prude but I'm also not a nudist. I do, however, get a bit uncomfortable when I'm talking to a guy and his eggs are showing. Call me crazy but the fuzzy warblers are not something I care to see whilst having tea and crumpets.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I do, however, get a bit uncomfortable when I'm talking to a guy and his eggs are showing. Call me crazy but the fuzzy warblers are not something I care to see whilst having tea and crumpets.

OMG that is hillarious!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OMG!!!.

Get a door plaque immediately inscribed with:
" Visitors by appointment only - No exceptions!"

The nerve of some people. Your neighbor is intrusive, nosy, busy body, self indulged, annoying, disrespectful, borderline something or other, freakish, under some kind of influence, out of it, a party crasher, privacy challenged and just plain a pain in the back side.

But since I don't know your neighbor, I can only think out loud by typing some text here in regard to how I see your situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Maybe he lives in San Francisco or Amsterdam or something?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I dunno, but the issue was hung out for discussion, and I thought with true divine providence, but failed to get a reply, so I instituted a channeling technique to the authorities of the universe and still no answer. I even tried to hook up with the spirits of wickedness and they to were all mum about it.

It was than, I realized, it was all up to me to think out and throw down an answer to this poor ladies dilemma. So I laid a scenario out before the readers to what I visualized as the issue.

I never thought of her local or the possibility of her residing in san fran or amsterdam. Than she later informed all she would not tell where she lived, so I had no choice but to generalize.

Best regards,

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
First off, what is it with us Canucks? I'm sure my neighbours have seen me without clothes on too, I don't get dressed unless I have to leave the house. I had nothing on when I grabbed my paper this morning, and I haven't progressed any further than that yet - but I have the blinds open (it's a beautiful day).

If someone drops by for a visit without calling first (I HATE unnanounced visitors) and you are nude, that's their problem. You warned her and she still wanted to come in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join