It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indrids Daily Thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok everyday I am sitting around and I think of something new to talk about that I find interesting and thats when I post here. Today I was thinking about how if I did one little thing it would effect different things in the future. I know there is a theory about this but I heard about it along time ago. I started to think like small events that take place have huge effects on the future. Like I was making up scenarios in my head uhhh like lemme see .......... Ok a friend I know is on his way to work and he stops at the grocery store that I am at also. He only has a few minutes before he gets to work so he is in a hurry and he already has been late enough and cant be late anymore. He is very stressed out from work and other things. I say hello to him and talk to him for a minute but he doesnt wanna be rude and just say "Hey sorry I cant talk I gotta go." So we talk for a minute and then we say our goodbyes. He gets to work but he is a few minutes late so his boss fires him and he is very upset. He then the next day comes in and shoots his boss. So you see if I would have never said hello to him and talked to him for a while he wouldnt have been late and therfore wouldnt have been fired and shot his boss unless someone else could talk to him other than me. So doesnt every little thing we do have an effect on our future? Please reply Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good story, but those events barely occur, seriously, who is going to shoot his boss for firing him?

If he is so unstable, he would have done something more worse, and be in a mental ward or prision.

For example, I read this in Timeline, you travel back in time to a baseball series with the knowledge that someone is going to win. Say you kill a player on the winning team, the world won't end there, probably another player will take his place and the team will still win.

That is assuming that, you get a chance to shoot him, there are millions of fans in the stadium and a lot of guards, so the chances of that happening is really really low.

And that is assuming that you back in time, which is closer to impossible than anything else, and why would you want to waste your life by killing someone you probabably don't even know about?

Small things matter, but they matter only on a small level.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i agree with what surfup said... things like that only matter on a small level. of course, if something "small" like that happens and through some series of events causing nuclear holocaust then i would assume then it wouldn't be so small... like say...

jim, the presiden't driver has a heart attack and dies. a temp, called jethro, gets called in to take his place. jethro is a bad driver, but no one else could be found in a short amount of time. a giant horse fly flies into the window of the presidential vehicle, causing jethro to swerve into a tree. everyone dies, except the president's pet parakeet, jane. jane flies around the world, and into the intake of the lear jet tom hanks was flying in, causing it to crash and burn. tom was unfortunately traveling through russia, and the lear jet crashed into the kremlin, killing their president and several high officials. the plane, having been identified as american, causes an uproar in russia which leads to retalliation, thinking it was an attack. this attack causes us to attack. then the world is in nuclear winter.... all because that bastard jim had a frickin heart attack. note to self: tell jim to eat better and excercise more

sorry, that was fun and i got carried away a bit...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

jim, the presiden't driver has a heart attack and dies. a temp, called jethro, gets called in to take his place. jethro is a bad driver, but no one else could be found in a short amount of time. a giant horse fly flies into the window of the presidential vehicle, causing jethro to swerve into a tree. everyone dies, except the president's pet parakeet, jane. jane flies around the world, and into the intake of the lear jet tom hanks was flying in, causing it to crash and burn. tom was unfortunately traveling through russia, and the lear jet crashed into the kremlin, killing their president and several high officials. the plane, having been identified as american, causes an uproar in russia which leads to retalliation, thinking it was an attack. this attack causes us to attack. then the world is in nuclear winter.... all because that bastard jim had a frickin heart attack. note to self: tell jim to eat better and excercise more

That was fun reading, but if I could only understand what it really means, it would be more fun.

Either you have a very active imagination or you need to get out of the house a lotmore.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
active immagination and sheer boredom, but mostly procrastination of my english paper due tomorrow... i did it in order to show how a said "small thing" could possibly, randomly escalate into a "big thing"

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
chaos theory. and causality. the two are nicely intertwined.thast what its called, classic example is a butterfly here causes a torndao in japan.
and, uno, u cant really deny it, because eveything affects everything. hitchhikers guid used that to destroy a person's soul, u cud derive the entire universe from a piece of faerie cake and ud see how insignificant u are (long story)
the point is, everything does change everything else. technically, if it is within its future cone, it can alter what happens. thast on the microscopic level. on the macroscopic, same thing, jsut more of it is mental, how we react.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
active immagination and sheer boredom, but mostly procrastination of my english paper due tomorrow... i did it in order to show how a said "small thing" could possibly, randomly escalate into a "big thing"

Nice plan, get fellow ATS members to do your homework for English class. I will remember.

Anyone here read Gatsby?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Small things matter, but they matter only on a small level.

Rubbish....

If i were to go back in time to just say...as theatom bomb has beencreated...Murder the people around the atom bomb, just leaving me alone with the first created atomic weapon....And just explode it on site,killing me, and everyone in the immediate proximity of the nuclear explosion. Where was the atom bomb made? Was it in a populated area? Or in a big research lab where thousands of people were working? Anyways...If i explode this nuke asap, most if not all the research done would be blown to #,along with ALOT of fine minds/people, America wouldn't have dropped 2 nukes on Japan, and the war wouldn't have ended there....The war would have kept going...America probably woul dhave lost 1 million+ men invading Japan as Japan was goingto arm every man,woman, child with a gunand try to create such a loss of life to the Americans that they would have not gone on with the war...., etc.

This is all affecting millions of people....

Imagine Someone heading back in time with B-2 stealth bomber, that's carrying as many nukes as it can carry, flying around to the Romans in thier peak period of world domination, and then just dropping a nuke on Rome, and some other of those Big cities. You'd kill alot of poeple and alot of future generations.

And What if i was living in Hitlerstimes, and just decided to up and kill him coz i thought he was a prick and didn't like him one bit? And then go and visit Stalin and kill him too. Both before they were in power.

Maybe i'd have dinner with Einstein and he'd choke on a chicken bone while we were eating Honey and Soy chicken wings and drumettes?

Maybe i wouldoneday throw an apple at newton that someone had coughed on and it had the plague on it and Newton died before he had time to think about that stupid apple falling down off a tree.???

Just 1 thing can change many future things.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
actually, my paper is comparing and contrasting two stories talking about fate... though i'm not using anything from ATS. besides, i think it's against the rules to take anything off ATS witout permission or prior consent... it's just coincidence... duh duh dun... haha

if you want to read some absolute crap though, u2u me... i'll send it back. i just finished.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think this belongs in BTS Chit Chat. Your thoughts interesting and valid, but this is for Science and Technology. Mods?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Just 1 thing can change many future things.

Ofcourse, but only in theory, what are the chances for you to go and drop a bomb on Rome, considering that time travel hasn't been invented yet?

What you are talking about is in paper, in paper lot of things can happen, what I'm talking about in real life, only some things can happen in real life.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I think this belongs in BTS Chit Chat. Your thoughts interesting and valid, but this is for Science and Technology. Mods?

Not really, the subject of this thread is in Science, but however the name of the thread and motive for this topic is in chit chat.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr

i think we get around that by saying that, oh, things affecting things, physical science and physics, and time travel all entail science.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I just want some feedback from very intelligent people. Now I am not saying the people of BTS are less intelligent but I find I get my answers here better at ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
I just want some feedback from very intelligent people. Now I am not saying the people of BTS are less intelligent but I find I get my answers here better at ATS.

BTS, are for people who aren't looking for informative posts, but fun ones. I thin this thread goes in informative posts.

Btw, Indrid...could you send me your essay?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

BTS, are for people who aren't looking for informative posts, but fun ones. I thin this thread goes in informative posts.

Btw, Indrid...could you send me your essay?

Sorry I am not doing a essay that would be cmdrkeenkid.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So doesnt every little thing we do have an effect on our future? Please reply Thanks
Every little thing that we do does have its effect on our environment. In terms of our actions, saying hi to someone does effect the future. This is the same phenomena as the "butterfly effect", where a butterfly flapping its wings in new york can affect the weather in Japan.

A person's thought will affect the future as well, because it is just like sending out a wave into the universal consciousness.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
i think we get around that by saying that, oh, things affecting things, physical science and physics, and time travel all entail science.

i agree... i just wrote my crap in order to explain how something "small" could turn into something "big"

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Every little thing that we do does have its effect on our environment. In terms of our actions, saying hi to someone does effect the future. This is the same phenomena as the "butterfly effect", where a butterfly flapping its wings in new york can affect the weather in Japan.

A person's thought will affect the future as well, because it is just like sending out a wave into the universal consciousness.

Again...small things matter only on a small level, because in reality butterfly flapping its wings in New York doesn't affect the weather in Japan.

Ever heard of Occam's Razor, according to that, Butterfly effect has very little chance of success.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ever heard of Occam's Razor, according to that, Butterfly effect has very little chance of success.

yeah, but isnt that the things that says the simplest choice is what will be chosen, ie with planets and stars and whatnot? how does that fit into this here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join