It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, US troop-sharing deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.nationalpost.com...

What do you think of this? I just read about it this morning in the newspaper, and I don't like it at all. Basically, if there is an emergency (not defined, at least in this article) and the one country asks for it, the other country is allowed to send troops into the other if they want it.

I'm pretty sure that people from both countries will agree that they don't like the idea of foreign troops being allowed on each other's soil. While there are individual American soldiers I respect, as a whole I don't like the US military in general, for reasons that any newspaper will make apparent. The article also mentions the issue of posse comitatus, which does not exist in Canada.

I'm not surprised at all that Harper kept this quiet. A lot of us Canadians think of Harper as basically being a GWB clone/wannabe, and this only increases that perception for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.northcom.mil...

Here's the official government website.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

There's another article.

It's all part of the North American Union I suspect. This together with what the UN is planning to do will mean the end of civil liberties in the US as we know it. Owning small arms will be illegal for the public.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Don't forget this report Harper most powerful

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it's much ado about nothing. It's a 100% voluntary program that works only in emergencies and only legally reflects something that would probably happen anyway (and actually did happen, see Operation Eagle Assist) in an emergency before the law.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by chromatico]

new topics

top topics

join