It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO Agrees To Air 'Taxi To The Dark Side' After Discovery Drops It For Being Too 'Controversial'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

HBO Agrees To Air 'Taxi To The Dark Side' After Discovery Drops It For Being Too 'Controversial'

thinkprogress.org

In a press release on Thursday, HBO announced that it has bought the rights to Taxi and will show the film in September 2008. TP reader Tim received a similar response from “Viewer Relations” at Discovery Communications, who said that they may also show the film on cable in 2009:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS .

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What is the FACTUAL basis of the show/film? Or is this just another Bush hater making up anything they can to show the administration in a negative light?

Who is the whistleblower of this actual event?

Where did they get the actual documents of this mans torture and his death by the U.S.?

Who has the transcripts of conversations or recordings of the questioning that this taxi driver was put through?

Anything/Everything on television (no matter the channel) is manipulated one way or another. NOTHING is ever shown in true form.

Am I stucking up for Bush, no...nor am I sticking up for our government, nut it gets old when people try so hard to tell untruths to make themselves feel better. Hell, you might as well be Bush...he does the same thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Can't wait to see this either.

All of the war atrocities must be disclosed in order to provide accountability.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
GREAT! I was upset cuz i thought i wasnt going to be able to watch this, But now I can! WOOT! HBO no wonder they had "OZ" and THe Wire "

This show is something I feel EVERYONE should see, becuz its really about the BS of the US military to round up anyone who " appeared " to be a terrorist, For better relationship with our readers I will put it like this an then see how you feel....

It would be like our USA military rounding up all the blue shirt wearing american women of Texas, becuz there was blue shirt wearing american women who commited " insert major event here " and then sending them to a Island far away from their home and locking them up, A, without telling them why B, not giving them fair trial before imprisoning them.

Does that sound fun? Yeah they might catch some of the people who commited " enter major event here " but How many suffered Innocently? and Needlessly? not to mention now have a newly found Hate for the country or people who did this to them. and will most likely make it an effort to spread such a opinon an view.

I just cannot wait to see this becuz i feel we have done a great injustice to many people, an we will never seem to repay them or appologize to them. and explain it was to capture X amount of people.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi There,

I have seen the film and I have to say that it is a well presented and formidable viewing experience. It is numbing. Not simply for its factual presentation in the way American soldiers handled alleged terrorist detainees, but more for the fact that the Bush administration not only knew about the harsh treatment of torture meted out, but actually instigated it.

When it all came out, the scapegoats were the very soldiers whom were carrying out the orders, and they paid the price. However, the price they paid was not as harsh as the those 85 detainees merely suspected, never proven of being terrorists, whom were tortured and died at the hands of their torturers.

No doubt, some Americans viewing this film will look upon the detainees and hold not a shred of empathy or sympathy for them, their prejudice and hate will run too deep. To such people there is nothing I can say, until the spark of a conscience reignites within them, they like Bush, and all his cohorts, are be lost to humanity. Americans have a bunch of sociopaths running their country, and I suspect it to be similar in other countries.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I saw this documentary when it was still on google video.

To answer some questions it seemed like a very well presented film - not a "hater" type piece at all. It focuses on the lack of a defined set of directives and instructions in the chain of command - especially in the case of the Torture Bill. The main discussion is the confusion this can generate to the soldiers on the field as it concerns the means that can be used to extract information and the consequences that arrive from it.

rcwj75 - the accounts and testimonials that are brought up are mostly those of the soldiers that were accused and convicted in the court martial that the case of the taxi driver brought up. So it didn't seem like a documentary based on something that is a secret since there was a court martial and there were convictions.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
ok, thanks for the insight ITF. I guess I'll have to watch it and see how it pans out...

top topics

join