It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what has become of the Ark of the Covenant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A Lead on the Ark of the Covenant

According to Tudor Parfitt, a real life scholar-adventurer, Raiders of the Lost Ark had it wrong, and the Ark is actually nowhere near Egypt. In fact, Parfitt claims he has traced it (or a replacement container for the original Ark), to a dusty bottom shelf in a museum in Harare, Zimbabwe.

Full Story

He's been right before and although it would be disapointing for those searching for the Ark in it's original form, this has a ring of truth about it.

Yes...he is selling a book
but check out the Lemba's history and it makes for an interesting alternative in the story of the Ark.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Biblically: Book of Revelation.

Temple is to decend upon the earth, and within that temple is the Ark of the Covenant.

The Aliens have the Ark as this time.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If the Ark were to be found, it would answer so many questions and silence so many skeptics.
Alternative form of energy perhaps?

Wherever it is, won't be long before the Chinese grab it and make a counterfeit version of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimholt

It seems there are at least 4 Arks of the Covenant from what is being claimed, maybe this is an addition to that number. I would say they all can't be right but they all can be wrong.
The stories of the Ark make it the most interesting artifact from our history in my opinion. I have a hard time imagining that the present (Earthly) keepers of the Ark have it hidden leaving the world to only speculate as to what it is, where it is and if it is/was even real.

Zecharia Sithin has a few things to say about this subject. I have only read a couple of his books and although he claims his search goes on in other writings what I have read I found to be very interesting.

The thoughts that come to mind when I hear about the Ark of the Covenant is what I have read from an online book titled "The Awful Truth". It's a free e-book describing, from the authors perspective-Patrick J. Conway, the problems with all religions in a brutally straight forward approach. It is his contention that the Ark of the Covenant is no longer of this earth and Roman historians such as Josephus and Tacitus recorded the gruesome event around the year 70 A.D. in which all of Jerusalem was destroyed. The city with everyone inside and all their records were completely destroyed and the Ark went missing. The extent of the destruction, the aftermath and what appears to be a celestial battle of the gods is what I found most intriguing. Roman historical writing of that time was eloquent and rhetorical in an attempt to accurately capture the passion from the events experienced by the historian and what was recorded has been dismissed as over exaggerated and fallacious accounts

Originally posted by Incarnated
Biblically: Book of Revelation.

Temple is to decend upon the earth, and within that temple is the Ark of the Covenant.

The Aliens have the Ark as this time.

Perhaps Incarnated is correct.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You know, speaking of the Ark of the Covenant, I read an article 5 or 6 years ago (I am sorry, but I can not recal the title of said article or when it was written, but I was in high school at the time, that I do remeber), that some kids from the Physics dept(I think) built a replica of the Ark using the Bible's description of how it was constructed. They were ordered to destroy it due to concerns of the safety of the other students on campus because supposedly it was putting out something like several thousand of electricity.

I'm not sure if this was true or not, but never the less, I thought it was interesting and that I would share it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimholtTudor Parfitt, a real life scholar-adventurer

Hmm, I hadn't actually heard this, but Tudor Parfitt is a lecturer at my university - should I email him and see if he'll join this discussion? Maybe he could talk about hsi theory and evidence more. It'd be cool to discuss an academic's theory on ATS and actually have the academic here to explain himself.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
The thoughts that come to mind when I hear about the Ark of the Covenant is what I have read from an online book titled "The Awful Truth". It's a free e-book describing, from the authors perspective-Patrick J. Conway, the problems with all religions in a brutally straight forward approach. It is his contention that the Ark of the Covenant is no longer of this earth and Roman historians such as Josephus and Tacitus recorded the gruesome event around the year 70 A.D. in which all of Jerusalem was destroyed.

The ark went missing back sometime between the reign of King Solomon and 586 BC - Nebuchadnezzar did FAR MORE damage to their national morale than the Romans.

Neb TOOK everything that was gold or silver - the items used in temple service were all gold. And also he made sure EVERY LAST Torah scroll was completely destroyed! But a scribe named Ezra was such a talented and/or devoted scribe that he had actually memorized the entire Old Testament! And it has since been pretty well verified as accurate after the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the mid-40's. Every OT book was represented, in some portion, in those clay jars. Except for the book of Esther, that is.

Nebuchadnezzar's inventory of the spoils taken from Jerusalem were very detailed and meticulous but no mention of the Ark in those records has yet been found.

Before King Solomon died, GOD told him that he'd blown off the kingdom because he'd been so 'girl crazy' and let them persuade him to idolatry. He had 1000 women total between harem and wives! So GOD told him that his son wouldn't rule Israel and Israel would be taken from Solomon's people.

There is a theory that Solomon, thinking ahead, sent the Ark off somewhere to keep safe after he was gone. It is said that he fathered one son when he 'deflowered' the virginity of the the Ethiopian female royal lineage - Candace had a son named Menelaus (sp) and the story goes that Solomon asked the boy to stay in Israel - he visited when he came of age to meet his father - but the boy felt more obliged to his mother's kingdom. It seems that even with a thousand women to knock up, the majority of Solomon's 'donations' were X chromosomes (instead of Y which causes the male gender).

You can easily do a search on Ethiopia and 'Ark of the Covenant' and read for yourself the story of St. Mary's chapel (?) where it is said the ark has been kept since something like the third century BCE or CE.

If I HAD to make a guess about where the ark might be, I'd have to say
Ethiopia until a 'better story' comes along or else it is disproved somehow.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was told by one of my sources ( insider info ) that there were and still are 5 arks, all of which are not only in safe keeping, but are waiting to be brought togeather, for some purpose or another. He would not elaborate on the reasons for this. It appears that The Millenium dome was purpose built for the unveiling of the True Ark of the Covenant. It`s design was based on the Temple of Solomon and was built to mark London as a New Jerusalem.
It appears that when the political and religeous troubles started to get so bad, the plan was put onto the back burner. Much like the intended Millenium plans for The Great Pyramid were aborted at the last moment. The source which this information came from, has never given me any duff information in all of the years which I have known him.

new topics

top topics

join